I know this belongs on the resorts board, but whatever

disneyluver91

<font color="green">My hands are sore from clappin
I need to decide GF of the poly. Can somebody give me a pros and cons list for each?
PLZ KEEP IN MIND: me, DH, DD (11), DD (5) DS (5) (theyre twins)
staying for 7 nights

The GF is very beautiful but I don't care so much for the new room decore. There are more restaurants to choose from than at the Polynesian.
The Polynesian is more casual and has a nice central location on the lake. The tropical landscaping seems much more extensive than the gardens at the GF.
The rooms are of similar size but all the rooms at GF have the vanity outside the bathroom. I think most of the rooms at the Polynesian have the vanity inside the bathroom.
In general it mostly depends on which theme you like better.

The GF is very pretty to look at, but it doesn't look like a place that appeals to kids, IMHO.

We stayed at the Poly for a week last fall and the kids seemed to be having the time of their lives (we don't have kids, just saw lots of happy kids AND happy parents). The restaurants are wonderful, the grounds are beautiful and exotic, and the "volcano pool" is something else.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time.

I don't know about your family, but with ours (Myself, DH, and teenage DD) having the vanity OUTSIDE the bathroom is a MUST. This winter when our two "grown" (yeah, right )boys join us, we will be getting two rooms at ASMo (vanities on the OUTSIDE). Your kids may be small enough that it won't matter, and the fact that the younest two are boys will help also.

The poly is more kid friendly.

At the GF there is a fast food type place, but no "family" restaurant in the evenings. At the Poly you have fast food plus a GREAT family restaurant (kona Cafe).

Anne

We were staying at the BC last year and stopped to look at the GF, and when we walked in our 11 yr old DS said "yuk". Keep in mind he's all boy.

the Poly probably outranks the GF for your particular aged children. If they were my children I think I'd arrange 2 hours for the twins (and the 11 year old if you think he/she would like it) at the Neverland club and enjoy a nice dinner/walk on the beach. Their restaurants are more "family style" than some at GF- I can't imagine Victoria & Albert's holding coconut races or croquet for the kids while you dine- just joshing. I would prefer GF if it were just my husband and me or my children were teenagers and could enjoy all the boating activities (which they have at Poly too I think)- I guess in a sense would you rather take your family to Hawaii or to Martha's Vineyard? I'd choose Hawaii anyday- but I have a dear friend who would choose MV- so it depends on what your family's tastes are....you'll like both I'm sure!

Tara

We love the Poly. We love the tropical feel & we really do feel like we are by the ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter