"I Know What You're Going To Say" - France Sept 2019 - Update 1/5 Disneyland Paris, Dinner & Home

Wow! Your trip is coming right up! Sounds like a lot going on the whole time!

I'm here in what I'm guessing is a dis records of a year and a half late :D Your trip sounds amazing. France has always seemed so intimidating to me so the tour sounds great. I remember how good your Italy tour was. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Wow! Your trip is coming right up! Sounds like a lot going on the whole time!

Very much so! I just hope my graduate school course that starts August 19th gives me the full assignment list at the start. I don’t know how much time I’ll have to get work done while on the trip and would rather work ahead. My textbook arrives tomorrow so I may get a head start on reading as it is now prior to the syllabus even coming out.

I’m super excited for the trip. Not sure we’ll do a trip this long again for a long time due to the logistics.

I'm here in what I'm guessing is a dis records of a year and a half late :D Your trip sounds amazing. France has always seemed so intimidating to me so the tour sounds great. I remember how good your Italy tour was. Can't wait to hear all about it!

You still arrived prior to the trip starting so you are not late at all! I get you on the intimidation factor. I just don’t want the anxiety of trying to plan everything out and over researching. This forces me to do some things we wouldn‘t have sought out and special access to other locations.

Not sure if you said this was your first visit or not, so you might already know below:

One thing about the plan for the arrival day at DLP, you say for dinner, either California Grill or counter service in the Village. In the village itself there are only 2 counter service restaurants, you have McDonalds & Earl of Sandwich. Just outside the village you have Five Guys and Vapiano (Nice place, slow service). When you get back, you have to go through security again.

Not sure if you said this was your first visit or not, so you might already know below:

One thing about the plan for the arrival day at DLP, you say for dinner, either California Grill or counter service in the Village. In the village itself there are only 2 counter service restaurants, you have McDonalds & Earl of Sandwich. Just outside the village you have Five Guys and Vapiano (Nice place, slow service). When you get back, you have to go through security again.

This is our first visit! Italy has been the only European country we’ve really spent time in until this trip.

The counter service will be the choice if we end up eating at the Chef Table in Versailles as I have to balance the budget somehow. My husband would probably be happy to know about Five Guys and security wouldn’t be too annoying as we dealt with that in Disneyland and they are a better option than McDonalds any day.

I have only been to Five Guys once, I wasn't very impressed. But they were open for only a week or so, maybe some start up problems.
I wouldn't rule out McDonalds immediately. Because you are from a different country, it can be fun to visit. McDonalds sells different items all over the world, you will probably find different items on the menu than you have at home.

I have only been to Five Guys once, I wasn't very impressed. But they were open for only a week or so, maybe some start up problems.
I wouldn't rule out McDonalds immediately. Because you are from a different country, it can be fun to visit. McDonalds sells different items all over the world, you will probably find different items on the menu than you have at home.
My husband loves Five Guys so I know that will interest him as we don't go there very often. We'll probably end up McDonald's at least once as well.

Your plans sound amazing! I can't wait to read about your trip!

Thank you! This time in 3 weeks, I'll already be there. I'm so excited!

My husband is lucky I love him! I spent over an hour today on the phone with Air France as I had to change my husband’s flights. He’s going to Kentucky for work immediately after the trip so instead of flying back to Miami - we needed to get him to Louisville. Now to figure out how to get him to CDG for a 9am flight as I don’t think the shuttle runs that early.

My husband is lucky I love him! I spent over an hour today on the phone with Air France as I had to change my husband’s flights. He’s going to Kentucky for work immediately after the trip so instead of flying back to Miami - we needed to get him to Louisville. Now to figure out how to get him to CDG for a 9am flight as I don’t think the shuttle runs that early.
That sounds like something that would happen with my husband. We were going to NJ for a weekend this summer, he had to go to China the week before so I meet him in NJ. But he dealt with the flight changes.
We took uber from our hotel in the Opera area of Paris to the airport the first time. Then the extra night we stayed at an airport hotel that had a free shuttle.
What time is your flight that day?

That sounds like something that would happen with my husband. We were going to NJ for a weekend this summer, he had to go to China the week before so I meet him in NJ. But he dealt with the flight changes.
We took uber from our hotel in the Opera area of Paris to the airport the first time. Then the extra night we stayed at an airport hotel that had a free shuttle.
What time is your flight that day?
My flight is at 1:40pm. Our Disneyland Hotel was part of a RunDisney package so it’s paid in full. We’ll probably arrange for a taxi or the private transportation company we are using to get from Le Maurice to Disneyland Paris depending on costs.

Our Magical Shuttle tickets were purchased already but I’ll be able to use mine at least.

Your husband must have had a messed up sleep schedule that trip!

So excited for you! Fingers crossed about Dorian and can’t wait to hear all about it! Safe Travels!

Your trip sounds like it will be amazing and your dogs are adorable! Happily following along!

So excited for you! Fingers crossed about Dorian and can’t wait to hear all about it! Safe Travels!
So glad Dorian behaved enough for us but it was a stressful buildup!

Your trip sounds like it will be amazing and your dogs are adorable! Happily following along!

Thank you for joining in!

Hopefully you made it out today with no hitches!

We did! It was as painless as international travel could be!

Adventures In Leaving The Country

I'm not sure how much I’ll be able to keep up with updating while on the trip but as it’s the longest trip I’ve ever taken, might as well get this party started!

Leading up to our flight, we had a very stressful week before Labor Day. This horrible hurricane named Dorian and various spaghetti models just were not a source of comfort.

We did some prep work like get gas and water. My mother cancelled her trip to visit me over Labor Day and I had a long weekend of hoping it didn’t turn and devastate Southern Florida. Well, it didn’t but it still brought havoc on the Bahamas which is heartbreaking. Over the weekend, I fully packed us both & put together my outfits for work so I knew I didn’t have to worry about packing anything else other than charging cords.

I did well working ahead on my grad school work as the only tasks I have left are actually posting my discussion assignment next week when it opens and watching two one hour webinars. The next essay isn’t due until Sept 30th!

I checked us into our flight exactly 30’hours before the flight when I saw the scariest message you want to see. A big red box that stated “your flight has been cancelled and we have rebooked you”. Cue...PANIC!!!

The flight they rebooked me on the exact same flight number, time and plane typenas my first flight. I was able to move us up to another Duo seat pair in Row 18 which makes me happy as o like being closer to the front.

Wednesday morning, my husband took Gaston to the boarding kennel while I went to work for 4.5 hours. When I got home, I got my Rhodesians to our breeders where I know they will have a ton of fun. We did some last minute chores around the house and then hit the road to Miami where we had our first surprise of the trip. Free tolls! I totally forgot that FDOT suspended all tolls due to Dorian so I gladly took advantage of that with our route to the Miami Airport. It took almost two hours to drive over but that’s thanks to people broken down on the side of the road and the rubberneckers.

5CWOsp1.jpg

We parked the car, took a photo of its location and headed to Terminal H to drop off our baggage and head through security. We were through security 3.5 hours before our flight was to take off but I rather be early than late when it comes to airports as you never know. I do have some issues with the Miami Airport...mainly this...

wayqPZe.jpg

9vPXA5S.jpg

Once inside, we both were starving as we had both skipped having a real breakfast and lunch. One mozzarella string cheese just doesn’t cut it! We went to the generic airport sit down to have a drink and some food. For the low price of $75, I had chicken fingers and a Moscow Mule while my husband had a cheeseburger & mojito. The food did its job of making the hunger go away and for us to officially start our vacation.

TjvyMhH.jpg

DbMDjHA.jpg

We still had time to kill so we headed over to the bar at Bongo’s where I got a mojito and my husband had a tequila sunrise. Nothing like heading to France with drinks that don’t fit the desistination!

j7F6RVn.jpg
p7QhoHm.jpg

We made our way to the gate and settled until boarding. Boarding started on time and we settled into our seats which ended up being bulkhead behind business class which was nice.

8xrfhQm.jpg

I started watching GLOW season 3 on my iPad & offended the parent of middle school boys behind me. Eh...keep your eyes to your screen, there are way worse things to be watching. If it was young elementary school kids, I may have felt different.

Dinner was served after about an hour in the air. The Champagne was decent even though the food was meh. My chicken tasted way better than it looked at least but the potatoes were eh as was the carrot salad. The bread was an ice block but the brownie was good as was the block of cheddar cheese. Not too worried as it filled me up enough.

Zo16x4Y.jpg

I watched another episode of Glow and attempted to sleep. I got maybe three hours that I kept waking up during, before I threw in the towel and watched more Netflix. Downloaded content makes me happy.

kZolUWv.jpg

Attempts to block the light

About 90 minutes before landing, we were served breakfast. Also just meh but at least I got liquids to quench my thirst with water, Orange juice and hot chocolate.

iNAfF5b.jpg

dIdHFRO.jpg

k2T58ML.jpg

Upon arrival, I discovered we had a dog in front of of the whole time! No one even knew as they were so well behaved.

iEtIGoA.jpg

Our plane landed 20 minutes early, made our way through passport control and as we arrived to the baggage claim, our luggage had just started coming for our flight. Happy that both of our suitcases arrived this time around so the split packing was for not. Our Tauck driver was waiting for us right outside customs and we were on our way to truly start vacation!!!​

Yay! I’m so excited for your adventure! So sorry Dorian was stressful! Travel safe! Can’t wait for updates!

Hurrah for being on vacation! Thank goodness Dorian was not an issue. I’m following along on insta too... hope you have an amazing time!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!