I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never fear...it is me... Nap Man!

senior-man-in-superhero-costume-sleeping-on-bench-E0FD64.jpg
Oh my, YES! This is how I picture you!!

Lol you sound a lot like me. I would much rather stay home and read or watch Netflix. I just don't have a lot of fun going out with other people. If we're going to move then sure haha. Honestly, Dh and I don't mind being at home together or doing things just us. I think for some people it just works. We rarely get sick of each other so it's not usually a problem. My parents are a completely different story. They do almost nothing together.

I can’t imagine ever getting sick of my SO lol even when he is at work I find myself texting him I miss you is it 5 yet lol. Besides work we do probably 98% of things together lol

So I'm thinking we are all couples around the same age here and sound super similar lol

DH and I just like to do things together :) We joke that we're codependent though because we dont tend to sleep well when apart. I'm a bit more self sufficient than DH though. I'm okay with some alone time to read or whatever. He didnt have all that much fun at DLR solo last year when out there for work, where as I am secretly hoping he'll have a work trip so I can tag along and do some solo hours :D

DF & I are similar to all three of you :laughing: We can & do have fun with other people but I often need time off from other people whereas I rarely need time off from him. We just enjoy being together the most.

Yep sounds like us. Dh texts me a lot during the day because his job is so boring. When we move to Florida that might have to change, though. His new work is going to be high security and he said he's not sure if he'll be able to take his phone into his work area.
There are some clean areas at my work that you need to gown up (take your clothes, jewelry, etc) and put a scrubs like first layer plus a gown on top of that. So no access to cellphone at all! It will be hard in the beginning but you guys will get used to it.

I have a younger sister, but did a lot of entertaining myself as our first house was a neighborhood of much older people and my great grandma watched me at the time. My sister grew up completely in the new neighborhood of all young families and went to a home daycare and is way more social than I ever was. I like to do my own thing. When DH and I first went long distance, after college when I moved back to NE, I had to explain to him that I wasnt ignoring his calls or texts... I was just reading :rotfl: He just didnt know yet how much I actually read since I didnt have as much time for that in college.

I read a ton and will read at work which leads to my biggest pet peeve. It's lunch time, I'm reading a book which means I don't want to be disturbed so why are you asking what I'm reading. OMG it's a book! And yes I do answer that because if you don't the next question is always what's it about or do you like it. Clearly these people aren't readers because they would know to never ask someone what they are reading while they are reading. I'm ok with a legit question but if it's break time and I'm reading a book there probably isn't a legit question unless it's do you want some of this or is that smoke I smell?

I saw a pair of socks that I really wanted to get but couldn't justify the price of them because I just wouldn't wear them enough. They had a picture of someone reading a book and above it said f* off I'm reading, but it was spelled out. Totally not work appropriate but totally me appropriate for work haha.

Yep sounds like us. Dh texts me a lot during the day because his job is so boring. When we move to Florida that might have to change, though. His new work is going to be high security and he said he's not sure if he'll be able to take his phone into his work area.
Y'all will get used to it but I promise there will be an adjustment especially since you are home a lot. My dh had a lot more free time early on in his career and we talked on the phone a lot lol! That was before messaging. Anyways, now I am lucky if we send one or two texts back and forth. He's super busy at work and I'm busy with kids.

Yuck. I wonder if it's just that all internet security is a joke these days or if having all these cards make this stuff far more likely. It's probably a combination of the two. Glad you caught it.
i really don’t think it’s much related to number of cards (now I’ll jinx myself). I’ve had fraudulent charges on my Discover Card twice, way before I did any Credit Card hacking. My sister’s SIL and her husband got their one and only cc hacked. The person hacked the website and changed the password and mailing address for the account, so they didn’t catch it right away. Then it was changed back and the hacker changed it again. According to the SIL it was a HUGE problem and took forever to fix and of course they would never expose themselves to more risks by having more than one cc. :rolleyes: Irony is her husband is a VP at the bank.

Last edited:
@calypso726, @*WDW*Groupie* -

Marriott Bonvoy Offers First Ever Discount On Purchased Points - OMAAT

Buy Marriott Points for Less Than 1 Cent Each Through New Promotion - TPG

Points .com is running its first sale of Marriott Bonvoy points since the program merger and rebranding, from now through 5/15/19. Marriott points are 25% off when purchasing 5,000-50,000 points, which works out to $468.75 for 50,000 points or 0.9375 cents per point. Note that the fine print limits a member to purchasing or receiving as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year. This is a markup from the Points .com deals where you could buy 30,000 Starpoints (effectively 90,000 Marriott points) for $682.50, or 0.7583 cents per point, and Marriott points don't go as far as they used to after the category changes.

I know both of you are looking to accumulate more Marriott points (but I think @*WDW*Groupie* may have already purchased some for herself, so that limit may come into play). As this is the first sale under the Bonvoy banner, it's hard to gauge historically if this is a good deal and whether we'll see a better 35% off (like they had for Starpoints) in the future. I think for now, consider this deal against your intended redemption and decide if you can get better than 0.9375 cpp out of these points. Note that the CIP earns 3x UR on Points .com, but TPG also calls out this fact in their article so who knows how long that will last.
I think I’ll be forever glad I hit that last SPG sale. With less of a discount + much higher rates for travel packages and hotels the math gets a lot tougher.

i really don’t think it’s much related to number of cards (now I’ll jinx myself). I’ve had fraudulent charges on my Discover Card twice, way before I did any hacking...
First thought “wait. We have a Hacker?! @CyndiLouWho had been a computer nerd Hacker this WHOLE TIME?!”

Second thought *disappointment setting in* “right. Travel hacking... Apparently it’s bed time...”

So it’s not that you aren’t already super cool but for a brief minute you were insanely super cool/scary ;)

I use my phone at work but for professional reasons. There’s a secure app that I can text doctors or other staff through and I use my calculator all the time. I also have work email on my phone. DH and I rarely talk or text during work but it drives me nuts when my sister or Mom texts me at work about random stuff. Today my sister texts to ask if she should buy asparagus today for Easter, and how much. I mean, I’m working in the middle of an ICU and that’s what she thinks is important to text? :sad2:

We have a big family group chat with my siblings, a few nieces and nephews and my mom and dad (who are married, but not to each other and haven't been for over 40 years) and those that work sure do get irritated with us that don't. lol We can have 100 stupid texts a day. The ones that work have learned to put the conversation on silent. But I would think nothing of asking if I needed to buy asparagus. lol

First thought “wait. We have a Hacker?! @CyndiLouWho had been a computer nerd Hacker this WHOLE TIME?!”

Second thought *disappointment setting in* “right. Travel hacking... Apparently it’s bed time...”

So it’s not that you aren’t already super cool but for a brief minute you were insanely super cool/scary ;)
Ha ha. I’m tired too. Incorrectly used the same word multiple times in a paragraph with different meanings. Oops.
Tried to edit to clarify. May be more confusing now. Lol.

So, my plans were to cancel all of our SPG cards when the AF posted. I knew dh's personal would come up first. Kept checking and checking and I guess I somehow missed it. I seriously have no idea how. So, it posted in Feb and I paid it so UGH, now we have that card for another year. I now have a 7-night cert I have no idea what to do with and a 35k FN cert I need to figure out. Should have two more cards posting AF's next month so I'll be paying better attention.

We have a big family group chat with my siblings, a few nieces and nephews and my mom and dad (who are married, but not to each other and haven't been for over 40 years) and those that work sure do get irritated with us that don't. lol We can have 100 stupid texts a day. The ones that work have learned to put the conversation on silent. But I would think nothing of asking if I needed to buy asparagus. lol
Well I leave it on in case of emergencies but they never seem to use it for that. I do try to remember to mute during rounds because my text notification is a Minion laughing. Of course one of the docs has the Star Wars theme for his ringtone so...

Holly Smokes I did finally catch up since coming back from vacation last Monday!

Vacation was great and the kids loved Legoland and the Legoland Beach Retreat Hotel! But a small part of me died that I was sooo close yet did not go to Disney!

CC churning related - I got 2 nights on points (50k per night) and 1 night on cash at the Double Tree Hotel in North Redington and because of my gold status ( thank you Hilton Bussiness card) We got upgraded to an Ocean view for our whole stay! The sun set was awesome but going to sleep and waking up with the sound of waves was my favorite part!
07EF1CA7-2B80-4257-B6CD-4FD197D6F4CE.jpeg
I tried postings a couple more pics but I guess they are too large:confused3

Crazy couple of days. I read that 495,000 kids were out of school today in CO. DD says you’re not a Gen Z’er if you’re not used to school shootings. How completely awful is that.
Yeah, sad for our kids that this is so normal to them. We are part time with Jeffco so on lock-out on Tues, closed today and my dd16's school is closed tomorrow. Our pt school is at the same place where the first remembrance service is being held so they are closing school since they feel they are more of a target.

I had to run into Target today which is like a mile from Columbine and from the shop where this nutcase bought the gun(s)?? I had no idea what kind of rat's nest I was driving into but I had an order that I had to pick up or lose it so I just dealt with the traffic, media and police everywhere. Ugh. ready for this week to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter