I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I leave it on in case of emergencies but they never seem to use it for that. I do try to remember to mute during rounds because my text notification is a Minion laughing. Of course one of the docs has the Star Wars theme for his ringtone so...
My dh is a Sr Director of IT and spends his day meeting with VP's and his ringtone is POTC music lol! I have a special ringtone and unless he has changed it, mine is 'Tiki Room' music. I'm sure he mutes it during meetings though!

No fuel stuff but they have really great BOGOF deals. I can walk to ours from my house so I'm there a lot. Waaayyy better than Kroger.
Hmm okay. We might have to see if there’s some kind of fuel saver nearby. The houses we like the most are right by a Publix and walking distance to a highly rated elementary school. It’s funny because a lot of the house descriptions say “drive your golf cart to school or the store”. Guess we might have to buy a golf cart lol.

I used to do this when dh would have to travel. I could not sleep at all when he was gone and since my house was broken into when I was a teen, I'm even more of a scaredy cat :scared1: I'm better now when he is gone. I'm not sure if it's due to age, not being quite so hyper about stuff or what but he was recently in Ohio for 3 nights and I slept pretty good. With his new maybe job, he'd be traveling more so I'm going to have to deal with it even more. Main part of the job I would not like!
When Dh was looking for a new job I told him to find one with little to no travel just because I hate being home alone

My dh has always chosen jobs with minimal travel as well but he really is looking for somewhat of a career change and this is a good opportunity to get into something new without a decrease in salary. It's actually much better benefits for us too and he would work from home when he isn't traveling.

It sounds like a good opportunity!

::yes::

When the cards arrive, one of my parents will hold them up on FaceTime so I can write down the numbers & then I can use them online. If I'm not going to see them soon after, they will put the cards into the next package they send me. I find them tucked into boxes of cereal or mac & cheese so I guess that's their idea of "additional security" :laughing: & they always send Priority Express, but any of the Priority Mail options are probably fine. I would definitely not put a CC in First-Class International because that service will only track within the US & sometimes to the destination airport. Priority Mail will track all the way to the recipient.

Thanks for this info. With DD overseas next year I have been wondering how I could send her stuff if I wanted to. I use the flat rate boxes now, but that doesn't work outside the US.

Well I guess mine is to never, ever nap and be awake all hours of the night o_O

Sadly I have the same superpower. I'm really tired but I know I won't be able to get to sleep any time soon. It's also annoying on those super long night flights when I have a lie flat seat but still can't fall asleep.

I was in Publix a few times recently and then last year as well. Since last year I thought we might be moving, I was comparing prices. They were definitely higher than our Kroger chain, King Soopers, but our stores are cheaper here than groceries in TX too.
I haven’t started looking at grocery prices yet but I have a feeling they’ll be a lot higher than here. Produce might be a lot cheaper though. I’m already anticipating meat to be a lot higher. We get a pound of hamburger here for $1.88

Same with DS. At least I don’t need to worry he got my dad’s bad genes. But I do worry about no health history at all. He would like to find birth family, so we did 23&me testing, but not the health part since I’m not sure it’s very reliable yet.
I’ve thought about doing something like that. So did you do the genealogy to see his nationality? I’d love to find my birth mom (the dad wasn’t in the picture) but every time I mention it my adoptive mom gets kind of weird. She never says anything like “don’t do it” but I can tell she wouldn’t be super comfortable with it. I have a letter describing my mom though and it’s amazing how similar we sound on paper

How long have people been spacing the 2nd CIP app with an SSN from their first CIP?

I planned on going for a CIC next month because I want the 5x office supply stores and internet/phone service, but 105,000 UR > 53,000. I already lowered my CIP's CL to $5,000. I did not want to go too much lower in the event I could move some credit to a new business card app if it came to that for approval. My personal CLs are already low and around 15% of my household income. Is it too risky to do a CIC in May and the 2nd CIP in August/September?

I haven’t started looking at grocery prices yet but I have a feeling they’ll be a lot higher than here. Produce might be a lot cheaper though. I’m already anticipating meat to be a lot higher. We get a pound of hamburger here for $1.88
I can get a pound of grass-fed beef for $2.99/lb occasionally or $3.99/lb normally. Non grass-fed will go on sale for $1.99 here. I know if we ever move that our groceries will be higher.

I use my phone at work but for professional reasons. There’s a secure app that I can text doctors or other staff through and I use my calculator all the time. I also have work email on my phone. DH and I rarely talk or text during work but it drives me nuts when my sister or Mom texts me at work about random stuff. Today my sister texts to ask if she should buy asparagus today for Easter, and how much. I mean, I’m working in the middle of an ICU and that’s what she thinks is important to text? :sad2:
Lol about the asparagus. I would’ve told her just don’t buy any since it’s nasty. I might have a rude awakening if Dh can’t text during work. I guess it’ll make me get out and see the area.

Y'all will get used to it but I promise there will be an adjustment especially since you are home a lot. My dh had a lot more free time early on in his career and we talked on the phone a lot lol! That was before messaging. Anyways, now I am lucky if we send one or two texts back and forth. He's super busy at work and I'm busy with kids.
I’m really planning on volunteering a lot this summer and getting to know the school system. I think I want to continue subbing but I really need to figure out the whole switching my license over. I technically have an initial license that expires this year because I never did get a full time job. Dh’s company gives us $ to help me with my career relocation but I need someone to talk me through the process.

Yeah, sad for our kids that this is so normal to them. We are part time with Jeffco so on lock-out on Tues, closed today and my dd16's school is closed tomorrow. Our pt school is at the same place where the first remembrance service is being held so they are closing school since they feel they are more of a target.

I had to run into Target today which is like a mile from Columbine and from the shop where this nutcase bought the gun(s)?? I had no idea what kind of rat's nest I was driving into but I had an order that I had to pick up or lose it so I just dealt with the traffic, media and police everywhere. Ugh. ready for this week to be done!
This makes me glad we chose Melbourne instead of Littleton. I’m sorry your family has to deal with that though

I can get a pound of grass-fed beef for $2.99/lb occasionally or $3.99/lb normally. Non grass-fed will go on sale for $1.99 here. I know if we ever move that our groceries will be higher.
I don’t think we have a difference between grass-fed and not or I’ve just never looked for it before. We usually buy the 80/20 on sale for $1.88. I wouldn’t mind paying $1.99 but I have no idea what it’s like in Florida. I did read there’s a lot less pork down there. My parents will have to bring pork burgers down to us like they do for my brother

I am very experienced with solo trips. Just this year I tacked 3 days onto a work trip and did some stuff in South Carolina by myself. I have another trip for work in Toronto in Oct. I'll probably add on 3 days and sightsee. In the past, I've done Sedona, Grand Canyon, DL x 2, US Hollywood, US Orlando x 2, NY, Boston, DC, Vancouver solo. Probably more but can't remember off the top of my head. I have no problem doing things by myself, eating alone in a restaurant. And I love single rider lines! I am not an only child but introverted by nature. Most of my trips were work trips that I extended to explore the area.
Solo trips are good as you get to do what you want when you want. I like a mixture of trips with family and by myself!
I had a "mini" solo trip of about 1.5 days last year when I went to Orlando for work. 1.5 days is generous because I came in a day early and did 3 parks (Lyft to HS, walk to Epcot, monorail to MK, walk to CR after HEA and Lyft back) then took a Lyft my 2nd night to WDW really late for a few FP+ in AK. Gotta love having an AP!

I think I am going to embark on my first true solo trip to WDW this summer. I have an itch to go back before my planned fall trip and found some decent AP rates. With schedules, I haven't found anyone completely interested/committed to join so I have my favorite resorts booked with a split and plan on doing 2 DAH and the Wild Africa Trek in addition to some resort activities like the painting class at BC. I am looking forward to the possibility of being on my own and doing exactly whatever I want, whenever I want including early mornings, late nights, rides, and dining! I love WDW trips with my family and SOME friends (they have to be able to stick to a schedule), but am excited to try it out alone.

I am weird and think I am both extroverted and introverted. I can sit and talk and engage with people for hours, but sometimes I just want to put my earbuds in and not be bothered. It really depends on the day and company.

This makes me glad we chose Melbourne instead of Littleton. I’m sorry your family has to deal with that though
Sadly, this is something all kids in this country will have to deal with. Littleton is extremely safe, upper-middle class, family friendly, conservative, blah-blah-blah and yet, it happened here 20 years ago. If that can happen in Littleton, CO, it can happen anywhere. I can't remember the town in FL that had a big school shooting a few years ago but I'm sure they would say the same. These never seem to occur in the 'dangerous' inner city.

I don’t think we have a difference between grass-fed and not or I’ve just never looked for it before. We usually buy the 80/20 on sale for $1.88. I wouldn’t mind paying $1.99 but I have no idea what it’s like in Florida. I did read there’s a lot less pork down there. My parents will have to bring pork burgers down to us like they do for my brother
If you are in a super small town, you may not have grass-fed. It's all I buy unless I am feeding a huge crowd and then I will buy the 80/20 regular for 1.99/lb. I didn't price beef when I was in FL but deli, snacks, produce, dairy, etc were all higher than what I pay here. None of the publix we visited were by Disney either so cannot blame it on resort pricing. In fact one was in a Tampa suburb. I hadn't heard there was less pork. They have tons of feral pigs so pork should be plentiful!

Sadly, this is something all kids in this country will have to deal with. Littleton is extremely safe, upper-middle class, family friendly, conservative, blah-blah-blah and yet, it happened here 20 years ago. If that can happen in Littleton, CO, it can happen anywhere. I can't remember the town in FL that had a big school shooting a few years ago but I'm sure they would say the same. These never seem to occur in the 'dangerous' inner city.

Parkland? And don’t forget the nightclub shooting in Orlando.

Lol about the asparagus. I would’ve told her just don’t buy any since it’s nasty. I might have a rude awakening if Dh can’t text during work. I guess it’ll make me get out and see the area.
I love asparagus. I have like 3lbs in my fridge right now. You really are picky about foods, aren't you??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter