I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoC is reporting no fee MCGCs at Staples next week. I know some people still have Amex Staples offers left and there's a new 10% offer out on BoA and Chase offers. I had the Chase offer on my CF this morning.

ETA: Chase offer maxes at $6 back, so a $200 GC would be $194.

Great! I have both the Amex and Chase offers. I wish they would have the $500 GC on sale, but I'm not complaining on getting 10% back for spending "nothing".

I'm finishing up my current spends and am waiting for my CIP to arrive. As soon as it does, I will refer DH for a CIP. And then what? I'm hoping Chase comes out with a better United offer than is currently out there. I'm trying to really up my united points. DH has 147k I believe (most earned butt in seat). I have 11k which is nothing. I'm trying to get 2 people roundtrip to Europe in Polaris class in August/ September 2020. I figure I'll need about 650k to do what I want. Any suggestions?

DoC is reporting no fee MCGCs at Staples next week. I know some people still have Amex Staples offers left and there's a new 10% offer out on BoA and Chase offers. I had the Chase offer on my CF this morning.

I don’t have a Staples offer on my CF but there’s a Dosh 3% back for Staples currently!

What’s the trick to making sure the MCGC aren’t tampered with? Just make sure the packaging is intact?

I got an email offer to upgrade my Disney Visa to the Disney Premier for a $49 AF and $50 statement credit after one purchase. There's no need to do this, right? Does the Premier have support links? If I'm being honest, that's the only reason I still have the plain no-AF Disney card open.

I think we've had Wawa here in central VA for about 20 years. They really are nice. If I'm going to stop somewhere while I'm on the road traveling I try to look for a Sheetz or Wawa. They're always well-lit, clean bathrooms, etc.

We showed in the middle of nowhere, PA several times last year and the ONLY "fast food" in town was a Sheetz. We would literally eat there breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol. The options are pretty good and you can get healthy stuff though.

See, I get that, but living in the rural south I was no stranger to driving all day and passing through tiny towns with nothing but a gas station, and we still even then avoided even the "nicest" Sheetz, Marathon, etc. It was a quick bathroom stop if needed, nothing more, nothing less.

Apologies for the multi-quotes but I've been off line for 15 whole hours and y'all move fast!

Reading about how you all are is making me realize why I'm still single.

LOL, my DH and I text in the am and chat for 30 min in the pm during the week since he works out of town. I have no idea what I'm going to do after he retires and we have to live together full time next year...probably find him more out of town jobs, lol. I have a very strong need to be alone (expect dogs) most of the time.

I've always had an alarm since my house was broken into. I honestly could not sleep at night without one.

I've never had one and essentially live alone. There are the 4 dogs (3 of whom are "vicious" pit bulls) though they go off duty around 8 pm, and then are essentially useless.

I am anti social and read in the lunchroom on my tablet.

Although in more current parlance, antisocial can also mean asocial, antisocial personalities are also know as sociopaths/psychopaths/criminals. Unless you have a life we don't know about, I'd label you asocial.

What’s wrong with asparagus?

It's disgusting, that's what's wrong with it!:crazy2:

Also not huge on pork

I haven't intentionally eaten pork for decades-between working on a pig farm (large scale commercial) and taking "muscle and meat physiology" (aka butcher class as an undergrad) I really don't like a lot of meat at all and definitely not pork...I won't allow pork in my house and won't pay for it at a restaurant if I'm treating someone. My father is a jerk and always orders something with pork when he's at my house/out to dinner so he has to pay for his own and eat outside. He knows the rules, if he breaks them then he suffers the consequences. All of DD's friends know they can have any kind of pizza they want, as long as it's cheese!

So, uh... on the credit card side, United is fishing for a better deal, if not from Chase then WF or BofA; and possibly even splitting the portfolio like AA does with Citi and Barclays.

That would be awesome! I haven't gotten a united card since I'm over 5/24...maybe they're figuring out Chase's rules are costing them $$. About time...

Anytime I do a Myers-Briggs personality test I get INJT or INTP

Me too!

I know you all care dearly about my diet

As co-owner of the Shunned Cafe, I sure do!

Do you have the regular Mother Lode or the Junior? Just got the Junior over the weekend. I'm hoping it fits under the seat. Was reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. It's so hard to know if something will work out without trying it out! Got a flat toiletry bag too. Had a $10 eBags credit that was expiring, plus TopCashback was at 18%, plus the AmEx offer (even had it on the Bonvoy Biz that I'm working on MSR).

I'm on a travel accessory shopping spree. Just bought a foldable duffel on Amazon to use on a camping trip with DS's school. Figure it'll be handy to have on other trips as a backup bag.

Have a bunch of stuff I need to buy for our Iceland/Scotland trip too. Jackets with hood (will probably go with Patagonia), pants, hiking shoes - all need to be water resistant.

I have the junior and always use it for long weekends, about 4-5 days of clothes. It fits under the seat (though leaves you without much leg room)... Love that bag.

My DP of the day. I was a little worried about buying a SW gift card to get the airline Hilton Aspire credit, since things change so often, but I did it for $100 this week and the credit posted within a few days. So I bought another today. On our last flight I told DH that we had some free SW money so he bought himself a drink (and the lady next to him :rotfl2:), whatever makes him excited about my credit card schemes... Also, the $40 Marriott credit posted on amex after a Swan stay, with $40 off $200 offer, also within a few days.

I'd also add that the MCGCs appear to be issued by Metabank, and there are reports that some of them have been coding as debit and triggering an only 1% fee when used to pay through Plastiq. Dosh users should also check for a 3% bank in-store offer at Staples, although I believe the deal is capped at $5.

Although in more current parlance, antisocial can also mean asocial, antisocial personalities are also know as sociopaths/psychopaths/criminals. Unless you have a life we don't know about, I'd label you asocial.

She did marry a guy who drove around in a creepy van that looked like it was used to kidnap people! :P

@Haley R Here is a site that I use for grocery shopping. https://www.southernsavers.com/publix-weekly-ad-deals/ She has many grocery stores, drugstores as well as Target/Walmart. I usually make my list from her site based on what's on sale and then add in the other items we need. It has been awhile since I shopped in Florida, but you used to have to buy 2 items for the BOGO to qualify. In Georgia, each item rings up half price so you don't have to buy in multiples of 2. As others had mentioned, Publix is more expensive than Kroger. Best of luck with your house shopping and move!!

I used a similar site when I lived in NC. I did most of my shopping at the super target, I'd priced stuff out and it was close enough or better than others. I used the site to take advantage of super double and triple coupons at harris teeter and cvs extra care bucks. It was a much better coupon environment there and I rarely paid much for dental floss and dish soap, probably a few other things. I also didn't mind taking the time to look through this stuff and print coupons and then shop but it was less than 4 hours a week including travel and most less than that unless there were good deals at multiple places.

You can also look for local stuff like a good farmers market or produce stand. The oranges down there, yum.

My 80K CIP bonus points are showing pending! My DH 20K referral points have been there for several days. I met the spend on 4/11 and the points posted today.

@amalone1013 On a different note, the Plastiq payments are still not showing as completed. Getting alittle nervous since these were tax payments sent on 4/11 and supposedly delivered on 4/15.

My Plastiq took a little longer than usual recently. Was supposed to be delivered 4/13 and my student loan provider usually posts my payment the day before the payment is even supposed to be delivered. This time it took until 4/16 to post.

I don’t have a Staples offer on my CF but there’s a Dosh 3% back for Staples currently!

What’s the trick to making sure the MCGC aren’t tampered with? Just make sure the packaging is intact?

That’s all I can figure to do. I check the packaging and then register it online immediately.

I haven't intentionally eaten pork for decades-between working on a pig farm (large scale commercial) and taking "muscle and meat physiology" (aka butcher class as an undergrad) I really don't like a lot of meat at all and definitely not pork...I won't allow pork in my house and won't pay for it at a restaurant if I'm treating someone. My father is a jerk and always orders something with pork when he's at my house/out to dinner so he has to pay for his own and eat outside. He knows the rules, if he breaks them then he suffers the consequences. All of DD's friends know they can have any kind of pizza they want, as long as it's cheese!

Maybe my pork issue is from my visit at age 4 to my aunt and uncle's hog farm that I don't really remember. I never liked visiting them at meal time because it was always pork on the table. Thankfully the last time I visited it was a fish fry and a white fish so I was ok. Visiting family in MI was always hard because there'd be stuff I didn't like and one uncle wanted to make me eat the peas because his kid's had to. Umm last time I checked I'm old enough to make my own decisions thanks. I still have no idea what the meat was that I ate at a cousins because no one said and I'm still slightly concerned it was deer or something but I think it was beef but I don't know.

@Haley R Here is a site that I use for grocery shopping. https://www.southernsavers.com/publix-weekly-ad-deals/ She has many grocery stores, drugstores as well as Target/Walmart. I usually make my list from her site based on what's on sale and then add in the other items we need. It has been awhile since I shopped in Florida, but you used to have to buy 2 items for the BOGO to qualify. In Georgia, each item rings up half price so you don't have to buy in multiples of 2. As others had mentioned, Publix is more expensive than Kroger. Best of luck with your house shopping and move!!
Thank you!!!

I used a similar site when I lived in NC. I did most of my shopping at the super target, I'd priced stuff out and it was close enough or better than others. I used the site to take advantage of super double and triple coupons at harris teeter and cvs extra care bucks. It was a much better coupon environment there and I rarely paid much for dental floss and dish soap, probably a few other things. I also didn't mind taking the time to look through this stuff and print coupons and then shop but it was less than 4 hours a week including travel and most less than that unless there were good deals at multiple places.

You can also look for local stuff like a good farmers market or produce stand. The oranges down there, yum.
Dh is gonna love the oranges. We hardly ever buy them because they’re too expensive here

See, I get that, but living in the rural south I was no stranger to driving all day and passing through tiny towns with nothing but a gas station, and we still even then avoided even the "nicest" Sheetz, Marathon, etc. It was a quick bathroom stop if needed, nothing more, nothing less.

If I travel with DH I'm more willing to stop somewhere random. But since I'm usually traveling alone to horse shows, I try to make sure it's somewhere with good lighting and a surveillance system haha.

If I travel with DH I'm more willing to stop somewhere random. But since I'm usually traveling alone to horse shows, I try to make sure it's somewhere with good lighting and a surveillance system haha.
I always need nice bathrooms, too. My dad always joked with me as a kid/teen that I should create a website called Haley’s List that is about bathrooms lol. I would go into bathrooms and rate on my website how they were

Getting far behind because kids take a lot of time and energy!

But, BOA sent me an email to apply for a Business Advantage Business Card with no annual fee, a 3% pick your own category and a $300 statement credit after spending 3K in 3 months.

Any positive or negative comments? I have the Amtrak card from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter