I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so it begins...we had someone ask us today to come stay with us before going on their Disney cruise in January. We had someone else ask to stay with us in February before their cruise. My parents want to come in July. Should I be charging for this? I think I need to become an airbnb host

This sounds suspiciously like a business. Better apply for a couple more biz cards to pay your expenses.

And so it begins...we had someone ask us today to come stay with us before going on their Disney cruise in January. We had someone else ask to stay with us in February before their cruise. My parents want to come in July. Should I be charging for this? I think I need to become an airbnb host
Yup, Biz cards galore now!

BTW, can I come stay with you before my cruise? :rotfl:

We get the same out here. My family and friends affectionately refer to our home as the '(our last name) Bed & Breakfast'. We have three sets of guests coming in at different times in June, followed by one in July and another in Aug. Each of these visits are 1-2 weeks a piece so it's pretty much non-stop.

Great churning day for me today! My 20k referral bonus for CIP#2 is showing as pending, and I was just instantly approved for the Barclay Arrival Plus! I was so convinced that I would be denied for too many inquiries. Now I'd really love to get that Plastiq email that it seems like everyone else did! Kind of crazy though - now working on $10k in MSR though :faint::faint::faint: But, over $4k of that will be done via Plastiq for our mortgage. Plus we're planning on putting in a well and converting our sprinkler over to it so hopefully at least part of that can be used for the MSR. Not to mention some out of pocket expenses for our two summer trips, summer camp expenses, two kiddo's birthdays, and I'm sure other expensive stuff I'm forgetting about :goodvibes Oh, and probably going for another Citi AA biz card in early June. Might have to go for the lower $2k offer on that and use a mortgage payment on it too.

That’s awesome y’all enjoyed your DLR vacation so much! Our family went last June and I’m still actively plotting when we can get back there. I loved it so much and totally agree it’s just as charming as WDW, just in a different way.
How far was the walk from the Four Points?
And nice job not spending a lot OOP! Love that!

The Four Points was about a 15-20 minute walk for two adults going at an easy pace. I think it was exactly a mile from our room to the security stations. I was worried about crossing the on ramp for the freeway but there are two well-marked pedestrian crossings with a signal on both. No problems there. The distance was fine in the morning or after an afternoon break but not so easy after a 12- or 15-mile day of walking all over the parks!

Overall I would say it’s fine for a group of young adults or even teenagers, but if you have little kids or anyone with mobility issues either stay somewhere closer or make sure to budget enough for uber/Lyft (about $8 each way with a decent tip) each day.

Bank of America Alaska 40,000 Miles + $100 Statement Credit Offer: (Apparently a new best offer)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-of-america-alaska-40000-miles-100-statement-credit/

40,000 Miles + $100 statement credit after purchases of $2,000. Annual Fee of $75 not waived the first year. You also get some sort of companion fare that you pay $121 for to use (don't mind me...I just don't understand airlines other than Southwest!)

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/consumer/#/welcome/

Anybody who understands anything about Alaska Air please chime in - also anybody who understands BoA too. I have banned BoA from my household after their previous shenanigans towards reputably churners such as myself...:lmao:

@SouthFayetteFan - The Alaska companion pass is MUCH different than the Southwest companion pass. The Alaska Airlines pass only allows one companion pass per YEAR!

I find on m phone that I have to carefully avoid touching the ad at the top of the page and it will stop doing that. Not even really "clicking" it, but just touching it causes that problem for me.
It’s happening when I try to post or like someone else’s post. It even happens when I try to login sometimes. It isn’t from me clicking on the ads. It’ll open up a window where I “won something”

We get the same out here. My family and friends affectionately refer to our home as the '(our last name) Bed & Breakfast'. We have three sets of guests coming in at different times in June, followed by one in July and another in Aug. Each of these visits are 1-2 weeks a piece so it's pretty much non-stop.
Oh yeah no one is staying with me for over a week lol. That’s not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!