I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last three non-Disney vacations:

* July 2018 Alaska to visit my parents

* January 2019 Long weekend at the coast

* March 2019 Eastern Caribbean cruise and 5 days New Orleans

Summer vacation plans:

NONE! Summers here are usually pretty idyllic and we have no desire to go anywhere except to maybe visit my parents for their anniversary. This year we won't visit them until September and then in October we will be heading on a Mexican Riviera cruise with a few days at DL before hand IF I can convince DH that the Mouse is truly missing us.

Ok - I’ll go first.

My current biz apps are based on my ultra successful travel consulting business. ;) Primarily, I provide people with customized advice on how to cover their travel through CC rewards. Revenue was decent last year as Chase and Amex both sent me 1099s for my efforts, LOL! I’ve previously used my wife’s cookie business also.

Other potential businesses for me:
  • Musician: I got paid to play piano at a wedding last year.
  • Personal shopper: I bought some things for my parents to meet MSRs - they reimbursed me but I generated an income on this by combining Ebates and gift card deals to pay for the stuff.
  • Gift card re-seller: as can happen at times as a churner; I had to sell some gift cards.
Interested to see what else people might share here!

I must have missed this post earlier this week. Here are some of mine:

Dog grooming and dog sitting back when I first started applying for business apps. My 4 legged clients have since crossed the Rainbow Bridge and I haven't taken on any new ones.

Distributor for essential oils.

Travel consulting with the same 1099s for my efforts.

Pre-owned goods merchant: I had a garage sale once.

Hyatt Coconut Point is one of my favorites! Have a wonderful time. It was a hidden gem as a Cat 4. With the recent upgrade to a Cat 5 I’m sad I can no longer use our yearly free certs there :(

We will actually be staying at the timeshare just around the corner. We will have a 2BR/2 bath. I had hoped/planned to use our free night cert at Coconut Pointe but that won’t happen now. We do have access to pool and the private beach. We stayed there last year and really liked it.

Anyone venture to Target for vinyard vines this morning? I'm waiting until monday just to see what's left since most people aren't preppy here and there's nothing I need.

I stopped in early afternoon, all the clothes were gone, just down to the summer goods, dog section, and some of the home decor/accessories. I grabbed a reusable bag I had my eye on, it was the last one, but I’m having second thoughts. It’s really thin so I’m not sure it’ll be as useful as I thought.

Even later I was in a different target and about the same there, even less decor, a few of the duffel and backpacks surprisingly. Disposable goods and pets seem to be the slow sellers. Even so I’m not expecting much to still be there Monday.

Please don’t shun me.....but what is that movie?

What @3 DD love princesses said. Please tell me you've seen it? If not you need to find somewhere to watch it, I don't think it's on netflix. It's pure late 90's/early 00's perfection. And it has some terribly fantastic straight to DVD, well the first could have been VHS, sequels.

I've had "That's alright! That's ok! Your gonna pump our gas someday!" stuck in my head since seeing @Lain 's .gif

I always get lines from We Are Cheerleaders stuck in my head but never enough to make it worth while. It's a very quotable movie though.

It makes it easier but I would imagine for the most part the people that are buying it now are the people that were buying it before it was legal. It's legal here and while I don't appreciate the guy that tokes up and then comes in the gym because I don't want to smell it anyway but especially while I'm working out, I wouldn't say it's made our homeless problem worse. It was bad before, it's bad now and part of it is opiods which I think is a bigger problem, at least up here, than pot. And other stuff that gets too much into politics.

It's something discussed widely here that pot has made the homeless situation worse (crime has increased as well). But CO was the first state to legalize so lots of people flocked here for the pot and were not able to afford the COL. Ended up on the streets.

Did you ever find your AA award tickets?

DH and I have about 230,000 SW points and now I’ll have another 140,000 UR to transfer. (Thank you to the person who used my CIP support link.) I was looking at getting some AA points for the March Disney trip. Im considering an onsite trip:oops:. I have some Wyndham points in RCI that I will need to extend for a stay at SSR. I’ll be inviting my niece and her daughter and I will look for an extra room but that plan might change.

Brrrr! It’s cold in here. There must be some Toros in the atmosphere! (Or is it Clovers? :rolleyes:)

Spirit fingers!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I havent seen that in forever.Actually, I'm thinking it's time to introduce Zack.
I accidentally discovered this last week. I booked a one night hotel stay in Feb, and travel erased the charge. We had to cancel the trip last week, and the room got refunded on the card. Now I have a negative balance.
Ugh. I know some will send a check automatically, and i imagine that's what will happen since I'm closing the card.
I definitely think it's increased with the pot...
Agreed.
It makes it easier but I would imagine for the most part the people that are buying it now are the people that were buying it before it was legal.
This also makes me grumpy... just in that, the people I know who were buying it before, of course are still buying it... still illegally. Not one of them has gone to a magical legal shop that was going to magically get a bunch of tax money to go to the schools. Before legalization got passed, I argued on the side that the majority of people currently buying would continue to buy illegally, so no school money... and that is what has happened in my (obviously limited) experience, which makes me grumpy. :)
I just Google'd Steamboat Springs. Wow that looks really pretty. Never been and just added it to my ever growing bucket list, so thank you for that :flower3:
Everyone please tell me about what you do in Steamboat... have a coworker who lived up there and thinks it's the greatest place ever. I have thought about doing a weekend, one night trip... but am hesitant because the last time I went to Breckenridge my altitude sickness came back with a vengeance. The mountains are wasted on me!
Please don’t shun me.....but what is that movie?
cb34b1f344501fcd358b6d582d449536.jpg

I've had "That's alright! That's ok! You're gonna pump our gas someday!" stuck in my head since seeing @Lain 's .gif
Ahhhhhh I forgot that line!

Where do you find these because I was trying to find one for a different quote that would have been perfect but I couldn't find one.

Also
445-orig.jpg
the best cheerleading movie ever with a great cast.
I googled “spirit fingers gif”. :) Google never fails to give me the gifs I want, haha!! Soooo many office gifs out there too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter