I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, because Rothy’s recently partnered with Nordstrom to sell their shoes. Next time you’re at a Nordstrom, you might want to head over to the shoes department and ask. Alternatively, if you’re ever in SF, they have a store on Fillmore in Pac Heights.

Oh, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely check at Nordstrom next time I go. I don't get to the city often, and when I do I'm not in that neighborhood, but I guess I can make the effort if I really want to. ;) Thanks!

I think I got an updated privacy policy notice recently because I remembered thinking the same thing when I saw it in informed delivery. Also, bizarrely, I got a letter from Chase about something asinine on DH's account that said when they tried to email it to him, the email bounced back... it's the same email on both personal and business accounts and we only got the mailed letter on one account :confused3
I’ve gotten those. Multiple times.
Also with shoes. He found a pair he likes from Eddie Bauer, and said he wanted to get another pair when they wore out. So Thanksgiving weekend they had a good online sale, plus I bought a GC from Kroger online with my CIP (3x URs and 4xFPs). He didn't wear them until our trip a few weeks ago even though at the time I said hey, they're on sale and he said yeah, the current ones are getting worn out
I shop for DS like that. He needs new soccer shoes every season, so if I see good ones on sale I buy the next size up. Clearance clothes too but I’ve gotten those a little wrong a couple times-they fit during the wrong season

I did ask if the emojis are in addition to what we have to make sure we aren't losing what we have or I know they'll be some :sad:
Thought of @amalone1013 first

:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc: This one is very important here. Hope it doesn't go away.

ETA of course @amalone1013 beat me to making sure it didn't go away. lol
Yep
Just but three City Passes for Chicago for 18,600 URs. I think they're $108 + tax each. I lived in Chicago for four (long) years and have never been to the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Skydeck, or Wrigley Field. Just wish the forecast was a bit warmer for this weekend.
70-80 not too bad considering I’m sitting in my car watching soccer since it’s 53 and windy right now.
@amalone1013 and @DisneyMandC I opened my Chase letter. It was for my Disney Visa because I PCed from regular to premier. This is the second mailer in addition to the actual envelope with the new card. Chase isn't the most eco friendly. LOL
Yep got that one too. Good thing I recycle

I’ve gotten those. Multiple times.

I shop for DS like that. He needs new soccer shoes every season, so if I see good ones on sale I buy the next size up. Clearance clothes too but I’ve gotten those a little wrong a couple times-they fit during the wrong season

Thought of @amalone1013 first

Yep

70-80 not too bad considering I’m sitting in my car watching soccer since it’s 53 and windy right now.

Yep got that one too. Good thing I recycle
Darksky is showing a high of 68 Sunday. That's cold for me to sit at a baseball game.

Darksky is showing a high of 68 Sunday. That's cold for me to sit at a baseball game.
Yes I see 70 on Sunday and its a bit chilly if there’s any wind. But today is yuck- rained earlier, now just gray, windy & chilly. Hope you have better weather this weekend
This is nowF362B1F0-DE39-42C5-A0E3-057D4EB2717E.jpeg

SJC doesn't have one inside, but I know there are some nearby. No idea about OAK since I avoid the East Bay whenever possible. :rotfl: I suspect that last comment is going to send me to the shun corner. :eek:

I agree with you so I'll join you if it happens :) The only reason I'd venture to that side when I lived there was to go to an A's game or if we had a sorority thing at one of the schools. When I lived in SJ I would go to the great mall but I don't consider that east bay so much as south bay adjacent :) Or if I needed another shopping excursion I might pop over the hill to Concord but generally that was a pass through on the way somewhere else. I have friends that live in the east bay but I don't find much over there aside from traffic with nothing I want to do off the freeway. Oh I did venture up to Ikea a couple times and dated a guy that lived in Berkley that didn't like driving down to SJ because there's nothing to do. Should have told me all I needed to know with that statement.

Yes I see 70 on Sunday and its a bit chilly if there’s any wind. But today is yuck- rained earlier, now just gray, windy & chilly. Hope you have better weather this weekend
This is nowView attachment 402227
At this point I'm not even sure we're going. My 14 year old is completely doing me in tonight and I have no clue how I can take him with me and his dad is out of the country. It's been a really long month:( Being a single parent sucks sometimes.

Who was it that recently said Discover has no Foreign transaction fees? I can't find it anywhere in my DD's paperwork that even mentions it. I did see online it talking about it, but I couldn't tell if that was just for the Discover Miles card or any Discover card. She has the Discover It Student card. She has access to one of my Visas without fee, so she can use that if necessary. Any tips on spending money in Canada? DD is spending several days in Montreal with friends.

All of the Discover cards have no FTF. To verify check the Fee Terms doc in her paperwork. All fees have to be listed there so if it's not listed, it doesn't exist. :) ( I'd rather they list it with a big fat 0 next to it but we're not so lucky)

I just added some pics and a mini-review of our Park Hyatt NYC stay on the hotel thread, in case anyone is interested. It was a great stay there, and definitely made it much harder for us when we switched to a place in Philadelphia that couldn't compare (honestly I hated it, but perhaps coming from the PH made me much more picky than usual - I always try to "move up" not down but that wasn't possible on this trip).

You said you stayed in the Marriott downtown, in center city Philly? If so it's not you. I didn't connect it before but I'm pretty sure we stayed there years ago and were unimpressed. Figured they'd have had to update by now though, as it was over a decade ago when we stayed, but sounds like not. Sorry I didn't remember before to warn you. But really would have thought it would have changed by now. Go figure.

Just got him a new one lol

Can you please help me with this? I apologize but I want to do it quickly and don't have time to thoroughly research, although I am trying to read through Reddit quickly.

Did you use same email and different user name? Or how exactly am I supposed to do this?

(I was feeling sad earlier thinking it was just me, even posted over on Dischurners. I had hardly used it and had it less than a month ha ha!! At least now I feel better that it was widespread!)

Have 62,500 AA points on my latest statement party:They haven't posted to my AA account yet. Hoping I can finally get something booked for August. It's stressing me out we aren't booked yet!
CONGRATS!!!! I know you’ve been thru a lot planning this trip. So glad these posted with no issues. :)

I'm so sorry. It sounds like an awful day at work. :hug: Even though you're safe I'm guessing that watching it all unfold was pretty traumatic. Hang in there. Your experience with Barclay is making me think it's not something I want to attempt.

Sorry about your day. I went through that in November and it was awful. I found the most effective remedy to be getting in my car and driving to WDW. Seriously, DH and I left the day after the election and drove halfway to Disney haha. I hadn’t intentionally planned the trip that way but honestly it was a lifesaver.

Thank you. Yeah it was so hard to watch. I did the math and from what I know about 17% of mid level management was released (my level). The hardest part is most were not low or average performers, they were solid to top performing folks.

@DisneyMandC I like your remedy! I’ll have to wait until Aug to get back to my happy place but at least it’s on the horizon to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!