I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2:That sounds like how the conversation would go in my house as well. Don't they understand that Moms can run through every possible scenario and they just added 2 more to run through?? Those pictures are amazing realizing she was using an iPhone to take them. She was on a group outing wasn't she? I mean, can you just drive through in your own car? See, I should do some research on these things if I'm ever going to do them!

To be honest, I am not sure how they toured. They did have a rental car and did drive in. She said that elephant was on the way out and there was another pic of the leopard that was very clearly through a car window so I think both of those were seen with them driving. They did some kind of night tour that I hope was a group thing, but I am not sure.

Has anyone created a new Ebates/Rakuten account to earn Amex MR? Anything to be aware of or any especially good deals?
Just that it takes a long time to get the points.

@bernina, do you or DH already have an Ebates account? If only you have an Ebates account, you could go into your account information and change the name and email address of the account over to DH. I will caution that Ebates takes self-referral very seriously and has been known to shut down accounts that try to game their referral program, because Ebates allows a referring account to earn unlimited $25 bonuses per referral. What you could do is from DH’s account refer yourself from a cash back earning account to an MR earning account using DoC’s method below.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/how-...to-the-new-ebates-membership-rewards-program/
A referral would earn DH’s account $25. If you’re not comfortable with the risk, Ebates has a new member bonus of 1,500 MR after making $25 in purchases in the first 90 days.

Ebates does take a while to post, but they operate on a quarterly system here:

https://www.ebates.com/help/article/getting-your-ebates-cash-back-payments-115009255748
All purchases posted in one quarter gets their cash back or MR points paid out a month and a half after the close of the quarter in which the rebate is earned. I’ve always figured the delay is probably because most merchant return periods are 30 days, so Ebates doesn’t want to pay out a rebate on stuff you still might be able to return. In practice, the Big Fat Payments usually start rolling out about a week before the 15th of the month following the close of the earning quarter.

I guess I’d suggest checking the Ebates website or email everyday for promos, always compare portal payouts at cashbackmonitor when shopping online, and DoC and FM usually cover the really good high percentage deals and potential stacking opportunities.

At LAX we were in terminal one for our flight. There are no PP lounges in that terminal but they have a restaurant you can eat at. I thought I’d post about it in case anyone is interested. It’s called Rock & Brews. The food was just okay, nothing too great. We each got $28 to spend.

Attachments

• 37FD3F98-883D-4393-8CDE-90AEDAD5CEF7.jpeg
    37FD3F98-883D-4393-8CDE-90AEDAD5CEF7.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 19
  • C539FD4B-6A35-49C9-95EA-3A70D564D59D.jpeg
    C539FD4B-6A35-49C9-95EA-3A70D564D59D.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
  • C208738A-9708-45D2-AFA9-A35D7F508E92.jpeg
    C208738A-9708-45D2-AFA9-A35D7F508E92.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2FABAF0E-D30F-490F-979B-E5CE389794F5.jpeg
    2FABAF0E-D30F-490F-979B-E5CE389794F5.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 18

Omg you guys it’s been a long day. We’ve been up for about 27 hours and are driving two hours home now. I feel pretty much dead because I didn’t sleep at all on the plane rides. I think total I slept 1 1/2 hours. We move to Florida in 2 days 🤪😓
This would be me. I don't sleep on planes, cars, trains and I hardly sleep in my bed. As a kid, flying back from HI on an overnight flight, the entire plane was asleep BUT me! So I get you. Get some rest and I hope all the moving goes well! You are about to begin a new chapter of life!!! Yay!

Omg you guys it’s been a long day. We’ve been up for about 27 hours and are driving two hours home now. I feel pretty much dead because I didn’t sleep at all on the plane rides. I think total I slept 1 1/2 hours. We move to Florida in 2 days 🤪😓

Wow. Welcome home! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. And thanks for posting all the pics - it's been fun to follow your travels. :goodvibes

This would be me. I don't sleep on planes, cars, trains and I hardly sleep in my bed. As a kid, flying back from HI on an overnight flight, the entire plane was asleep BUT me! So I get you. Get some rest and I hope all the moving goes well! You are about to begin a new chapter of life!!! Yay!

Sadly this is me, too. Even in lie flat seats, night flights, etc. It's one of the reasons I hate flying so much.

Sadly this is me, too. Even in lie flat seats, night flights, etc. It's one of the reasons I hate flying so much.
Yes! I despise flying. Even the almost 4 hours from CO to FL is so hard for me. We typically take the first flight out and at 6am, many people, including all my fam fall asleep. But not me, I'm wide-eyed like o_O It doesn't matter how tired I am. I do not sleep on a plane. Again, been to HI, no sleep there or back so it makes going to other further destinations not that appealing.

When I was a kid we would drive from Georgia to Iowa for Christmas and I never slept in the car. My brother and mom always did but not me. We’re very excited to move to Florida! It helps a ton that the movers come pack everything. We’re having some issues on the selling side of things that I don’t want to really go into but we were supposed to close on Monday and that’s not gonna happen now

Yes! I despise flying. Even the almost 4 hours from CO to FL is so hard for me. We typically take the first flight out and at 6am, many people, including all my fam fall asleep. But not me, I'm wide-eyed like o_O It doesn't matter how tired I am. I do not sleep on a plane. Again, been to HI, no sleep there or back so it makes going to other further destinations not that appealing.
I love flying! I just have a hard time sleeping in any type of transportation. I zonked out here and here for 10-20 minutes at a time today. Even fell asleep on the floor in LAX

When I was a kid we would drive from Georgia to Iowa for Christmas and I never slept in the car. My brother and mom always did but not me. We’re very excited to move to Florida! It helps a ton that the movers come pack everything. We’re having some issues on the selling side of things that I don’t want to really go into but we were supposed to close on Monday and that’s not gonna happen now
Keeping all matters in my prayers. May God go before you and keep you during this time. Lots of hugs :hug:

I love flying! I just have a hard time sleeping in any type of transportation. I zonked out here and here for 10-20 minutes at a time today. Even fell asleep on the floor in LAX
I'm not sure what will have to happen in world that this is me lol. Sleeping on the floor of LAX is such a foreign concept to me. I really don't sleep anywhere but a bed. And I never sleep on the first night.

I'm not sure what will have to happen in world that this is me lol. Sleeping on the floor of LAX is such a foreign concept to me. I really don't sleep anywhere but a bed. And I never sleep on the first night.
I saw two people laying on the ground and I was like “yep I’m doing that”. It took me awhile to fall asleep and then Dh woke me up so I only got 20 minutes. It wasn’t comfortable in any way but I was so tired.

When you said you don’t sleep on the first night are you talking about travel or dates? Lol

Who wouldn’t love flying if they got to fly ANA in J? It’s arguably the best soft product on the entire market and the hard product is right up there as well. If someone says they hate flying, let them take the route you just did and see what they say. 🙃
That definitely made a difference but I even like economy domestic flights (if they’re nonstop). I like to sit by the window though

Ok, I get that there are people that don't want to (at least I understand it intellectually), then there's me that go "ohhh" like a little girl (which I am - a girl, not little) and I just want to hug ALL.THE. ANIMALS!!! :dog::cat:

I mean the fact that they are wild hunters shouldn't matter should it??? :confused3

Circle of life.

That said, I attract birds outside my window and this morning there were a lot of bird feathers in one spot. Probably a wandering neighbor's cat got one of the doves. I keep my cats inside all the time, but not everyone does. For a few minutes I was thinking of not feeding the wild birds as I was creating a target for the cat, but that's what cats do - hunt birds.

I love animals also, and sort of understand that they prey on one another for survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter