I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When? Lol. DS is 10 & still needs a parent in the room to go to sleep. Every night. I keep thinking, it’s fine he won’t go to college needing to have a parent to sleep. Now I’m not so sure. A couple years ago he would say “I need to sleep by myself, I’m old enough” but then cave after not falling asleep. Now, he doesn’t even try. When I say he can sleep by himself, he says no. And then says he’s not going to college, because he’s staying with us forever.

I imagine hormones will kick in sooner or later and you will get kicked to the curb as he finds other interests and begins the separation process. Enjoy him being a little boy. My little boy has grown into an independent 35 year old, and we have an excellent relationship but he's on his own. I see my older daughter and talk to her daily. My son may text once a week and spends his time with his girlfriend mostly. And that's normal.

When? Lol. DS is 10 & still needs a parent in the room to go to sleep. Every night. I keep thinking, it’s fine he won’t go to college needing to have a parent to sleep. Now I’m not so sure. A couple years ago he would say “I need to sleep by myself, I’m old enough” but then cave after not falling asleep. Now, he doesn’t even try. When I say he can sleep by himself, he says no. And then says he’s not going to college, because he’s staying with us forever.
This sounds like my son. He was double digits before he managed it.

I’m the proud owner of a 2 year old who hates sleep. Seriously, she still barely sleeps through the night despite every sleep training method on earth.

As much as I’d love to jet off to japan, I think her and jet lag would make for the most miserable trip on earth.

Wdw is a good option right now. We don’t have to leave our time zone and it’s so tiring she actually sleeps lol. and free is best when your paying 18grand a year in childcare.

Hopefully in like 3-5 years I’ll be looking for the Asia advice. But right now, earn and burn for the current stage of life.
I'm in the same boat. DD3 is a poor sleeper at home, but when she was 1 and 2 she did not sleep in hotels at all. She now sleeps about 6-8 hours a night away from home, and we've also found Orlando to be the best place to visit in this stage of our life. The plethora of multi-bedroom hotel rooms are a huge help for us right now. I really want to take the kids to England, but it will have to wait a few years.

To the Chase experts: is there a way for me to transfer my URs to DW's Southwest account? Can I add her RR number to my UR account for transfers, is that allowed?

Long version - neither of us has a CIP. Just got CIU so can't upgrade it yet (I don't think). I've had the CSR more recently, so I was going to upgrade to the CSR again to allow transfers. DW closed her CSR in 2017, so I figure it's better to leave hers alone with the 48 month rule. But we haven't done anything just yet until I figure out the best course.

DD is finishing her time in Africa with some more touring. She just spent a few days in Kruger and posted these pics.

View attachment 409382View attachment 409383

Beautiful pictures. One of my dreams is to visit as many sub-Saharan African countries as possible. See the wildlife, taste the food, tour the beautiful vistas....

To the Chase experts: is there a way for me to transfer my URs to DW's Southwest account? Can I add her RR number to my UR account for transfers, is that allowed?

Long version - neither of us has a CIP. Just got CIU so can't upgrade it yet (I don't think). I've had the CSR more recently, so I was going to upgrade to the CSR again to allow transfers. DW closed her CSR in 2017, so I figure it's better to leave hers alone with the 48 month rule. But we haven't done anything just yet until I figure out the best course.

Beautiful pictures. One of my dreams is to visit as many sub-Saharan African countries as possible. See the wildlife, taste the food, tour the beautiful vistas....

The name has to match on the accounts, unless someone knows another way to get around that. I needed to transfer URs to SW a couple months ago and couldn’t get it to work because my SW account was in my maiden name and my Chase account is in my married name. Can you transfer the URs to your own account and book the flight for her? Or do they have to go in her account?

The name has to match on the accounts, unless someone knows another way to get around that. I needed to transfer URs to SW a couple months ago and couldn’t get it to work because my SW account was in my maiden name and my Chase account is in my married name. Can you transfer the URs to your own account and book the flight for her? Or do they have to go in her account?

Just a preference thing, she likes having the points in her account so she can book herself whenever she wants. I totally know it's better to leave URs alone until it's time to book and use the lowest fare option, but what can I say, she likes SW and I like her happy.

Who wouldn’t love flying if they got to fly ANA in J? It’s arguably the best soft product on the entire market and the hard product is right up there as well. If someone says they hate flying, let them take the route you just did and see what they say. 🙃

I'm looking forward to our first ANA experience this fall. While Emriates in J was amazing, it still didn't top flying in Singapore Suites.

Still no Plastiq promo for me, but DH got it. Can I add one of my cards to his account that I have already used in my own account?

Yes, you can add your card to his Plastiq account, I’ve done it lots of times.

You may want to do a test payment in your Plastiq account to see if you show the 1.5% fee. You go to the final screen but of course don’t hit submit. Lots of people were having issues and they seem to have implemented a fix.

Just a preference thing, she likes having the points in her account so she can book herself whenever she wants. I totally know it's better to leave URs alone until it's time to book and use the lowest fare option, but what can I say, she likes SW and I like her happy.

You would have to transfer the URs to your SW account....then she would either book her flights from your account or you can transfer the points from your RR account to hers....but SW charges to do so

That is going to be hard for you to take Amtrak across the ocean. lol. Do you think you will do better on long haul flights? The flights are what gives me the greatest pause about traveling to other countries. I WILL make myself do it one day, but the flight doesn’t make me sick, I make me sick. On way to airport now and my tummy already rumbling.

@bernina, do you or DH already have an Ebates account? If only you have an Ebates account, you could go into your account information and change the name and email address of the account over to DH. I will caution that Ebates takes self-referral very seriously and has been known to shut down accounts that try to game their referral program, because Ebates allows a referring account to earn unlimited $25 bonuses per referral. What you could do is from DH’s account refer yourself from a cash back earning account to an MR earning account using DoC’s method below.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/how-...to-the-new-ebates-membership-rewards-program/
A referral would earn DH’s account $25. If you’re not comfortable with the risk, Ebates has a new member bonus of 1,500 MR after making $25 in purchases in the first 90 days.

Ebates does take a while to post, but they operate on a quarterly system here:

https://www.ebates.com/help/article/getting-your-ebates-cash-back-payments-115009255748
All purchases posted in one quarter gets their cash back or MR points paid out a month and a half after the close of the quarter in which the rebate is earned. I’ve always figured the delay is probably because most merchant return periods are 30 days, so Ebates doesn’t want to pay out a rebate on stuff you still might be able to return. In practice, the Big Fat Payments usually start rolling out about a week before the 15th of the month following the close of the earning quarter.

I guess I’d suggest checking the Ebates website or email everyday for promos, always compare portal payouts at cashbackmonitor when shopping online, and DoC and FM usually cover the really good high percentage deals and potential stacking opportunities.

We both already have Ebates accounts unfortunately (pre membership rewards).

Thank you for the DOC link! I know some people are going crazy using Ebates plus the Ebates credit card to earn lots of MR. I just can’t get myself to use a 5/24 slot for that card. Although I have been debating if one of us should ignore 5/24 and go a bit nuts with some personal cards. Tough churning decisions...

That is going to be hard for you to take Amtrak across the ocean. lol.

A man can dream!

but the flight doesn’t make me sick, I make me sick

A little from column A, a little from column B. I have extreme issues with motion sickness, but anxiety from anticipation doesn't help. I'm working on the latter, though.

I am the same way as some of you guys on right now being perfectly fine going to Florida a couple times of year. It’s kind of funny at this point I think people at work have just given up saying anything about us always going there; instead of the snide comments when I return it iis “when is your next trip.”

I have travelled in different places around the world and with the military DH has lived a lot of other places but ultimately it is rather nice that we are both at the same point of World Showcase being as exotic as we get. We would like to go to Scotland again and Iceland but other than that USA is great. I think part of it too is not wanting to be too far away from the girls right now. Plus ultimately Disney is an easy escape from everyday life.

So while I am still having a hard time pulling the trigger and draining all my sky miles for October trip the reality is that I have them and flying to MCO is what I have gathered them for. :)

I’m with you girl! I just want to go to Florida 3 times a year. :D (And so that’s what I do...for free...and it’s awesome lol)

I would like to go other places, but don't want them to interfere with my FL trips. We're in New England and I was really meant for warm weather, so FL is my happy place. Heading there next month for my 4th FL trip of 2019 so far. 😎

Awww, mine is 11 and that really just stopped this year, all of a sudden. It'll happen :)

We're at the stage of life that we are now able to travel internationally. Our girls have food allergies which makes traveling tricky :( WDW, DL, renting houses/condos so we can cook in, staying at the family cabin outside Tahoe---those are things we can do with everyone.

Having everyone out of the house (well, for the academic year) means we can think about Europe and India and Australia and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter