I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I don't get the ones that never want to travel. :confused3 I include my own parents in this group. Growing up I thought we just didn't have money to travel, now as an adult I realize we probably could have travelled but my parents had/have no interest. I don't get it. When my responsibilities have lessened ('cause lets get serious, parenting never really ends) I plan to be on the go. There are so many places to go see!:moped:

My parents are the SAME WAY! They only travel b/c we aren't local anymore so they have to come see the grandkids. The come for each kids' bdays (hence the ONLY reason they were at Disney with us- it was DD's 20th bday and she is still there on her CP). But they drive 9 hours to visit us in TN and only stay 2 nights b/c they want to get home. It is crazy town. Then again, they are used to peace and quiet and our house if definitely not that, so maybe 2 days is all they can handle. :rotfl2:

When? Lol. DS is 10 & still needs a parent in the room to go to sleep. Every night. I keep thinking, it’s fine he won’t go to college needing to have a parent to sleep. Now I’m not so sure. A couple years ago he would say “I need to sleep by myself, I’m old enough” but then cave after not falling asleep. Now, he doesn’t even try. When I say he can sleep by himself, he says no. And then says he’s not going to college, because he’s staying with us forever.
Have him try a white noise machine or an audio book. I have 2 kids that do the white noise and another has to have the audiobook playing.

Same! I feel like something must be wrong with me too lol. I'm not sure if it is my season of life or if I'm just easily amused here in the good old US of A.

Probably b/c when we leave the USA (on DCL of course...see a pattern here?:rolleyes1) we can't wait to get back to the USA. Leaving the country helps you realize how lucky you are to live here.🇺🇲

When? Lol. DS is 10 & still needs a parent in the room to go to sleep. Every night. I keep thinking, it’s fine he won’t go to college needing to have a parent to sleep. Now I’m not so sure. A couple years ago he would say “I need to sleep by myself, I’m old enough” but then cave after not falling asleep. Now, he doesn’t even try. When I say he can sleep by himself, he says no. And then says he’s not going to college, because he’s staying with us forever.
I said exactly this to my parents :rotfl2: I also wanted them to tuck me into bed all through middle school & preferred that they chaperone field trips. It was comforting to me.

Spoiler: I went to college, finished college & then moved 6700 miles away.

One of my close friends was too anxious to go to sleepovers (unless they were at her house) until we were 14-15 years old, and when she did start coming, she would hide her favorite stuffed kitty in her bag. She is also a functional adult today (& she still has that stuffed kitty)! :laughing:

Just a preference thing, she likes having the points in her account so she can book herself whenever she wants. I totally know it's better to leave URs alone until it's time to book and use the lowest fare option, but what can I say, she likes SW and I like her happy.
I am pretty sure you could product change the CIU to CIP. I just changed mine recently in order to refer DH for the CIP and self-support. I would call Chase and inquire since that would be the easiest and cleanest way to do it.

Now that DH has a CIP, I guess should do the same so we can lose up the few points he has on his SW RR account.

To the Chase experts: is there a way for me to transfer my URs to DW's Southwest account? Can I add her RR number to my UR account for transfers, is that allowed?

Long version - neither of us has a CIP. Just got CIU so can't upgrade it yet (I don't think). I've had the CSR more recently, so I was going to upgrade to the CSR again to allow transfers. DW closed her CSR in 2017, so I figure it's better to leave hers alone with the 48 month rule. But we haven't done anything just yet until I figure out the best course.
48 month rule is about the bonus, so having a Sapphire product in the meantime won't affect your clock. The CSP also allows transfer to partners, does DW have any UR card she can PC to the CSP? That seems like the easiest. Also I don't believe you have to keep it for any length of time so it'd be a cheaper pro rata AF.
Alternatively you'd make her an AU on a CSP (to avoid the AU charge that may or may not be assessed on CSR) and then you should be able to transfer through that. Probably a last resort though.

Omg you guys it’s been a long day. We’ve been up for about 27 hours and are driving two hours home now. I feel pretty much dead because I didn’t sleep at all on the plane rides. I think total I slept 1 1/2 hours. We move to Florida in 2 days 🤪😓
Aaahhh, to be young again. I would not move from the couch in 2 days, much less across the country.:crazy2:

Probably b/c when we leave the USA (on DCL of course...see a pattern here?:rolleyes1) we can't wait to get back to the USA. Leaving the country helps you realize how lucky you are to live here.🇺🇲

My mom is also happy to just travel within the US. I think one reason so many people feel like this is because of how big the country is and how many different things there are to see. You can travel through a myriad of different climates, cultures, and geography all without having to have a passport or trying to break through a language barrier. It’s definitely on my bucket list to see all 50 states. My grandma made it to 49. She says the only thing she missed was North Dakota, and she suspected she wasnt missing much :rotfl2:

Have him try a white noise machine or an audio book. I have 2 kids that do the white noise and another has to have the audiobook playing.
We have tried everything. When he was a baby, it took 2-3 hours every night to rock him to sleep. If he wasn’t totally asleep when we put him in his crib, it started over. When the lights go out, his brain kicks into high gear.
I said exactly this to my parents :rotfl2: I also wanted them to tuck me into bed all through middle school & preferred that they chaperone field trips. It was comforting to me.

Spoiler: I went to college, finished college & then moved 6700 miles away.

One of my close friends was too anxious to go to sleepovers (unless they were at her house) until we were 14-15 years old, and when she did start coming, she would hide her favorite stuffed kitty in her bag. She is also a functional adult today (& she still has that stuffed kitty)! :laughing:
I am sure he will outgrow it eventually. As of now, he has spent exactly 1 night away from me in 9 years (He managed 1 night at Grandma’s last year but has no desire to repeat it)

So question regarding Barclay card.

After applying on 5/29, and went through identity verification they finally approved the card with $1000 CL....LOL. Anyways it says card will arrive in 5-10 business days, and that means it’s already been a month since my application. Soooooo I only have 2 months to finish MSR for this card? It is AA Business card, so MSR is only $1000, not a problem at all. But I just want to make sure.

Does anyone know how strict Mastercard is with Business cards?
DH has a very very very small business if you catch my drift. He has a SW Chase business, a CIP, and Amex Bonvoy business card. I was going to have him apply for the American Airlines CitiBusiness Aadvantage Mastercard. But I didn’t want to waste an inquiry if he doesn’t have much of a chance of getting it. (His personal credit is over 800. He does not have a Tax ID or EIN so it would be attached to his social.)
How strict are they about business cards?

We have tried everything. When he was a baby, it took 2-3 hours every night to rock him to sleep. If he wasn’t totally asleep when we put him in his crib, it started over. When the lights go out, his brain kicks into high gear.

I am sure he will outgrow it eventually. As of now, he has spent exactly 1 night away from me in 9 years (He managed 1 night at Grandma’s last year but has no desire to repeat it)
We still sleep with DS12 although he can manage a sleepover at his friend’s house. Although I do remember a 3 am FaceTime call when he couldn’t find his pillow and could I come get him because he was exhausted and couldn’t sleep. Of course, I obliged and we stopped the sleepovers for a bit. He did share with me a few weeks ago that he is scared of the dark.

DH has a very very very small business if you catch my drift. He has a SW Chase business, a CIP, and Amex Bonvoy business card. I was going to have him apply for the American Airlines CitiBusiness Aadvantage Mastercard. But I didn’t want to waste an inquiry if he doesn’t have much of a chance of getting it. (His personal credit is over 800. He does not have a Tax ID or EIN so it would be attached to his social.)

Not hard at all. You can get a AA citi Biz card every 95 days too. You need a mailer if you want to guarantee the bonus posting after your first card.

Not strict at all. Search the thread and you will see alot of us are on the grAAvy train.

ETA: are you a DISchurners member? There is a great write up there about the train. If you aren't PM @SouthFayetteFan or @Lain and they can add you. We keep lots of good info over there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter