I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hard at all. You can get a AA citi Biz card every 95 days too. You need a mailer if you want to guarantee the bonus posting after your first card.
Thank you!
I’m sorry if this sounds dumb. What do you mean that I need a mailer to guarantee the bonus posting after my first card?
I was going to use the link from TPG unless someone has a referral. Would I not get the 70,000 point SUB then?
Or do I need a mailer to apply for subsequent AA Cards?

Thank you!
I’m sorry if this sounds dumb. What do you mean that I need a mailer to guarantee the bonus posting after my first card?
I was going to use the link from TPG unless someone has a referral. Would I not get the 70,000 point SUB then?

You are fine using any link for your first card. But if you want a second one after 95 days you would need a mailer code to guarantee the bonus. You could try and use another link for your second card but the bonus may or may not post but the bonus will be fine for your first card.

Thank you!

You won't have a problem getting the SUB on your first, regardless of what link you use. Subsequent applications are getting mixed reviews, and it's tough to tell the pattern. Some are getting it, some are not. The best bet seems to be using a mailer or at least a different offer for the next application.

You'll find that many of us don't love TPG. The public link directly from Citi is also for 70,000 points. And Doctor Of Credit has a link that earns 75,000, so I'd recommend using that one.

Edit to add: I have trouble finding specific deals on DoC's site. If you google "citibusiness aadvantage 75000" you'll find the right page.

Can't sign into my DVC account today or yesterday. Anyone here have this problem? I see nothing on the DVC boards.

I imagine hormones will kick in sooner or later and you will get kicked to the curb as he finds other interests and begins the separation process. Enjoy him being a little boy. My little boy has grown into an independent 35 year old, and we have an excellent relationship but he's on his own. I see my older daughter and talk to her daily. My son may text once a week and spends his time with his girlfriend mostly. And that's normal.

All of my kids are mostly out on their own. I hear from my youngest most often, and most of them every few days (thank you iPhone and texting) but there can be days when I don't hear from any of them. My husband and I take turns being sad about them being grown and being philosophical that they are supposed to grow up and leave. Just a few days ago I said to him, "If they were still little, we wouldn't have the cats" (DH adores the cats).

As for the falling asleep alone, my daughter took the longest to fall asleep by herself and she is now super independent.

48 month rule is about the bonus, so having a Sapphire product in the meantime won't affect your clock. The CSP also allows transfer to partners, does DW have any UR card she can PC to the CSP? That seems like the easiest. Also I don't believe you have to keep it for any length of time so it'd be a cheaper pro rata AF.
Alternatively you'd make her an AU on a CSP (to avoid the AU charge that may or may not be assessed on CSR) and then you should be able to transfer through that. Probably a last resort though.

Oooooh thank you, that's very helpful. I'm in the Citi mindset of open/close/bonus, clearly. Yes, she's got a Freedom we can upgrade, so that's the path we'll take.

So question regarding Barclay card.

After applying on 5/29, and went through identity verification they finally approved the card with $1000 CL....LOL. Anyways it says card will arrive in 5-10 business days, and that means it’s already been a month since my application. Soooooo I only have 2 months to finish MSR for this card? It is AA Business card, so MSR is only $1000, not a problem at all. But I just want to make sure.

It should be 90 days from approval date, not application date, so you likely have a little more time than you think. And yeah, is this your first Barclays card? They like to start you slow, with low limits. If you get a second card down the line, it'll likely be a higher limit. That's just how they are.

Can't sign into my DVC account today or yesterday. Anyone here have this problem? I see nothing on the DVC boards.

It's working for me. Although the DVC website is one of the most temperamental I've ever seen. Try a different browser?

It’s definitely on my bucket list to see all 50 states. My grandma made it to 49. She says the only thing she missed was North Dakota, and she suspected she wasnt missing much :rotfl2:

I hit all 50 in 2012 (VT was my final state). Surprisingly, both DH (who views everything in the middle as "flyover country" sigh...) and I liked ND-Fargo was a nice town :)

It really is interesting to see the different cultures, architecture styles, flavors and landscapes of our country.

On the credit card front, I decided to chance it with Amex and I was approved (from DH referral) for my final Delta card-Biz Reserve today to pay DD's tuition bill. I was torn between this, applying for a Hilton Aspire or just putting it on my Biz Plat and getting 1.5X MRs. But, with the philosophy of Always Have an MSR AND trying to stay under 5/24 the Biz Reserve made the most sense. Sky pesos don't have a lot of value, but I can always find a trip to take😁

Asking DH to use Samsung Pay is like asking him to cut an arm off, I swear. :sad2:

ETA: It's like, please, I am asking for 10min of your time... add my card to samsung pay (if it's not there already) and stop in store on the way to your errands. HOLD PHONE AGAINST CARD READER TO PAY. For an overall 25% return on gas points and URs if he does this.

SO got an offer in the mail for the Delta personal card. He currently holds this card and got the bonus. I’m not seeing any lifetime language but maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot. Does anyone know where this is normally located lol?

Amex pop up question.

If you’ve previously held a card and apply for a SUB with lifetime language will Amex show you the pop up saying you’re not eligible?

SO got an offer in the mail for the Delta personal card. He currently holds this card and got the bonus. I’m not seeing any lifetime language but maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot. Does anyone know where this is normally located lol?

It’s usually in the Offer Terms section:

OFFER TERMS

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

You can also try this link using his SkyMiles number. The offer I was presented didn’t have the lifetime language.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/

Well thank you @Judique for making me try the DVC website today, because I just switched one of our December nights to Copper Creek! That was shocking, I can't believe a studio came open there for December.

Amex pop up question.

If you’ve previously held a card and apply for a SUB with lifetime language will Amex show you the pop up saying you’re not eligible?

Yes.

It’s usually in the Offer Terms section:

OFFER TERMS

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
You can also try this link using his SkyMiles number. The offer I was presented didn’t have the lifetime language.

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/

Thank you!! Yes it isn’t there! I was planning on getting his a different Amex credit card when his 2/90 cleared up but I think I have to take advantage of this.

Well thank you @Judique for making me try the DVC website today, because I just switched one of our December nights to Copper Creek! That was shocking, I can't believe a studio came open there for December.

Yes.

Thanks! Not planning to apply for any cards we’ve previously held but good to know if I make a mistake the pop up will alert me.

Amex pop up question.

Yeah, it’ll look like:

Because you have or have had xxxxxxx Card, you are not eligible to receive the welcome offer.

We have not yet performed a credit check. Would you still like to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter