I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guys I put an offer in for a DVC Grand Californian contract!! 100 points at $199 a point. SO made me offer the asking price. It’s contingent on financing. I can’t afford a 25k wedding and a 20k DVC contract in the same year lol.

Resale? Either way super super exciting and everything crossed for you for both good financing and passing ROFR if resale.

:flower1::cheer2: :tinker: pixiedust:

Just had a productive hour. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Delta reading off the 16 x $50 gift certificates I had (thanks Amex Plat airline credits) to book our flights for Orlando in August. The rep patiently took all my certs and redemption codes and then worked with support to combine them all for the one purchase (he had no issues, just took a bit of time).

Between the Amex certs, the $50 statement credit on my shiny new Amex SkyMiles card, DVC points, Hyatt points for our first night at Hyatt MCO, and Annual Passes we bought and activated last year, the only costs out of pocket should be food, souvenirs, and the Wild Africa Trek. Not bad for 3 people for 7 days/6 nights. We’ll probably use our Uber credits for our return trip to airport so we don’t need to board magical express so early. We all have global entry so 2 hours before flight should be more than plenty.

The other 30 minutes was spent burning Amex Saks credits x2 for some cute Vineyard Vines clothing for DD. Hoping to triple dip in July right before cancelling DH’s Platinum.

Last edited:

Well thank you @Judique for making me try the DVC website today, because I just switched one of our December nights to Copper Creek! That was shocking, I can't believe a studio came open there for December.

Yes.

I'm busy stalking a standard view studio (BWV) for President's Day next Feb. Brother and family will be in Orlando and I started booking late and have gotten my nights, except this one. I have it in Garden view, but would rather not change rooms. It's also waitlisted. One by one my nights have been there but this one night is taking longer.

Guys I put an offer in for a DVC Grand Californian contract!! 100 points at $199 a point. SO made me offer the asking price. It’s contingent on financing. I can’t afford a 25k wedding and a 20k DVC contract in the same year lol.

Your SO did the right thing. No sense in quibbling about a few $$ if it costs you the contract that works for you! Are you saying your contract was accepted? If so, hopefully you will get through ROFR easily. I haven't read a ROFR thread in years so have no idea of your chances, but great luck to you! Since 100 points is a relatively small contract I'm surprised it was priced only a couple of dollars higher than the contracts double that size.

I actually have 2 small (WDW) contracts that I go back and forth in my mind about selling. BCV, but I used this years points for a BCV room this fall - haven't stayed there in 7 or 8 years. And, 50 points at Vero Beach - I never stay there any more. Love it but been there done that. And it's out of my way, I actually prefer to go to the Gulf coast now. I just use the points for something at 7 months.

Last edited:
Your SO did the right thing. No sense in quibbling about a few $$ if it costs you the contract that works for you! Are you saying your contract was accepted? If so, hopefully you will get through ROFR easily. I haven't read a ROFR thread in years so have no idea of your chances, but great luck to you! Since 100 points is a relatively small contract I'm surprised it was priced only a couple of dollars higher than the contracts double that size.

We are just waiting to hear about the financing. If we get approved it’s ours if it passes ROFR.

Checked into Sheraton Sand Key. DH was here last year with same conference. I’m not sure if he pays Government rate or Conference rate here, either way he usually gets a somewhat crappy room. He says he gets handicapped rooms a lot. Last year was Ground floor, no view. This year we got upgraded to 6th floor with balcony and Club access. Now if the storms will go away...

@Alexle2007 are you Bonvoy platinum also?

Checked into Sheraton Sand Key. DH was here last year with same conference. I’m not sure if he pays Government rate or Conference rate here, either way he usually gets a somewhat crappy room. He says he gets handicapped rooms a lot. Last year was Ground floor, no view. This year we got upgraded to 6th floor with balcony and Club access. Now if the storms will go away...

@Alexle2007 are you Bonvoy platinum also?

You must have brought him good luck! Where are you having dinner?

Omg did I do a bad thing? No one else had a link so I was trying to pay it forward to someone/anyone.
Is he bad? I’m so anxious now!

Lol! The most important thing is that you get approved and get your bonus.

There are a lot of people who dislike how the TPG operates, and he gets the 'click' or reward for your card app. Hence the reaction, but also no one on here wishes you anything but the best because as you spend more time you will learn where the value comes from.

Doctor of Credit is highly valued. Some of the bloggers will tell you anything to get their click. Most of us want the responsible ones to succeed. For instance if a card is 'lesser' and there is a better product, that's the way that's best to be directed, rather than having a blogger who is paid to advertise the lesser product try to push you into that app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter