I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept some of my stuffed animals, artwork, a wooden train set that I loved, a wooden dollhouse with all of the people and furnitures (that I never played with). I think that was about it
Yes, keeping all the wooden trains and tracks from my ds8. He still plays with it a lot. I got rid of the train table cause he just kept setting up the tracks in huge lines all over the basement. I got rid of my dd's dollhouse cause they legit did not play with that much.

@Haley R I have a shark lift away. It will need to be replaced soon because we are pretty rough on vacuums. I love it though. I think we've had it 5 ish years? My husband has replaced a few parts but I consider 5 years a pretty good lifespan for a family my size.
ETA: it should do good with litter, it picks up all the food my kids spill under the table just fine. 😜
Agree! No cat or cat litter here but my Shark keeps up nicely with all the dried mud that gets tracked around and dropped food under the table (they are like animals for real...) so pretty sure it can keep up with two sweet kitties and a bit of litter ;)

@Haley R I have a shark lift away. It will need to be replaced soon because we are pretty rough on vacuums. I love it though. I think we've had it 5 ish years? My husband has replaced a few parts but I consider 5 years a pretty good lifespan for a family my size.
ETA: it should do good with litter, it picks up all the food my kids spill under the table just fine. 😜
Haha thanks for your input! I’m in between two different ones right now: the professional vs the zerom one. They are within like $1 of each other. I think I just need to pick one and be happy with it

Yes, keeping all the wooden trains and tracks from my ds8. He still plays with it a lot. I got rid of the train table cause he just kept setting up the tracks in huge lines all over the basement. I got rid of my dd's dollhouse cause they legit did not play with that much.
The trains I have are wooden and magnetic and you build the track almost like a puzzle piece. They almost gave it to my nephews and I was a bit selfish and told them I wanted it for our kids. I don’t think I ever played with the dollhouse but it’s really nice. I got it for Christmas one year (not sure why because I was a huge tomboy) and never remember playing with it

Anyone know if the Amazon Prime store card counts against 5/24? I have had the Amazon Prime Visa for many years but the store card is currently offering $60 off an order :)

The trains I have are wooden and magnetic and you build the track almost like a puzzle piece. They almost gave it to my nephews and I was a bit selfish and told them I wanted it for our kids. I don’t think I ever played with the dollhouse but it’s really nice. I got it for Christmas one year (not sure why because I was a huge tomboy) and never remember playing with it
Probably similar to what we have. Ours are Thomas and a Thomas knock off set (kidkraft). The tracks are wooden and have the puzzle piece ends and the trains are magnetic with each other. We have double the buildings since we have two sets. We paid for the kidkraft set new but bought the Thomas set used. My girls actually played with them a lot as did my older ds but the younger, they've really been his 'thing' so I will pass them down to him, unless one of my girls has a child much sooner that could use them (and would love them). Since I have a pretty decent age gap between my oldest and youngest, that is entirely possible.

not sure if I’m understanding you right but the AS card is a 1% back card. They do currently have a 40k offer which is about as good as it gets. They also have a Farely recent change in that they added the 24 mo language. So my plan is to alternate between my DH & I every two years, as I need AS to fly to see my grands. They do have a business card but I am not familiar with it.
Yes. Yes that’s what I mean about the low daily earning. I get 4% cash back on my fuel. I don’t have one yet but eventually I’ll get the Amex blue for 6% groceries. So the AS card isn’t high for regular spending.

When TS3 came out my DD was a Sophomore. I cried my eyes OUT because I was soon to live out the college scenario and she is the baby. I am so glad we waited to watch that one at home and not in the theatre!

TS4.....didn't like the ending at all. I am really mad at Bonnie. (And a couple of toys too!) Of course she is only 5-6 but she comes off as over indulged and spoiled (which is totally not her fault LOL) and unappreciative, to me.

TS4.....didn't like the ending at all. I am really mad at Bonnie. (And a couple of toys too!) Of course she is only 5-6 but she comes off as over indulged and spoiled (which is totally not her fault LOL) and unappreciative, to me.
I bought tickets for Tuesday evening. Oh no, I'm scared. Worried what she does to our sweet toys :(

How does one know how far they should have their credit limit lowered? Any advice on that?

I am going to meet the MSR on the CIP sooner than anticipated (I think) so I am planning on the Citi American Airlines Business Mastercard next... maybe in about a month!

Chase is concerned about the total amount of credit they’ve already extended to you on Chase cards, both personal and business. (They’re not so concerned about your credit lines on cards from other banks.) In fact, Chase will cite this as a factor for denial if their algorithms compute that they’ve already extended you sufficient credit. Anecdotally, “sufficient” credit extended is when your total credit lines with Chase across all personal and business cards reach around 50% of the income (usually household income) you report on your application.

The amount of credit that Chase has extended is roughly the extent of their risk. If Chase extends you too much credit (say, when you apply for new cards), your risk as a customer increases. At some point (when they’ve already given you credit lines of about 50% of your reported income), Chase will cut you off by denying you for more cards to mitigate their risk.

It used to be that if you got denied for having too much credit, you could call recon and have them reallocate some credit from your existing cards to open a new card. But Chase cannot move credit from a personal card to open a business card or vice versa. And with more people applying for business cards these days, most applicants don’t want to have to call recon and talk about their “business.”

So the idea is by proactively reducing your credit lines on cards you may not be using much of, or credit limits to something more reasonable and reflective of what you actually spend on that particular card, and bringing your overall credit lines on Chase personal and business cards to less than 50% (I try to stay around ~25-40%) of reported income, you’ll increase your chances at auto-approval (maybe not necessarily instant approval, but auto-approved by the regular process without having to call and recon with a human rep).

I used my Amex 10% offer at Staples. (On Friday). I spent $400. My credit this morning is saying $25? Is it just too soon to be concerned. The offer was up to $100 back.

I'm planning to order some CBD oil...for various reasons and people in my fam...Are you saying you have a brand of oil you like? I'm doing some research and have come across several brands I'm considering. If you know of a good one, will you share (here or pm)? Thank you :)

I don't mind at all. The brand I chose is called Green Roads.

1) First off, we are going to want you to list ALL credit cards you were approved for in the last 24 months. This would include all personal cards, store cards, business cards (but not things such as auto loans or mortgages). If you have a spouse (aka Player 2) please also list their cards if they are participating in this as well.
08/18 - AMEX Blue Cash Everyday​

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? $500
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Payoff CCs in full
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? EWR - Newark Airport
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? No
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much) Chase Ultimate Rewards from the Freedom cards - about 50K points
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!) Disney World Trip
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends) Myself, husband, & toddler daughter

Thanks for your help!

Probably similar to what we have. Ours are Thomas and a Thomas knock off set (kidkraft). The tracks are wooden and have the puzzle piece ends and the trains are magnetic with each other. We have double the buildings since we have two sets. We paid for the kidkraft set new but bought the Thomas set used. My girls actually played with them a lot as did my older ds but the younger, they've really been his 'thing' so I will pass them down to him, unless one of my girls has a child much sooner that could use them (and would love them). Since I have a pretty decent age gap between my oldest and youngest, that is entirely possible.
We have a huge Thomas collection that was my sons and is packed away. We also have quite a few boxes of Playmobil. I don’t have any toys saved from my childhood, but we are saving quite a few from our kids for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter