I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email about early booking discounts for ABD for 2020. Can't believe I'm actually looking at them, but suddenly I'm filled with visions of Angkor Wat.

I've never done ABD before. Is the best way to go about it to book through Costco for the Costco Cash Card, and 2% Executive Membership cash back? Then accumulate Disney Gift Cards at a discount as much as possible? I have a brand new Arrival+ burning a hole in my wallet...
I've never done one either, but I booked for 2020 because of the $700 savings per person before the end of July. I did it through Costco and changed the dates from my original quote to get the full $700 per person and $550 Costco cash card for 2 people or $850 for 3. It is variable based on Adventure price. I put the deposit on my CSR for the 3x UR and 1.5x redemption instead of the Costco Citi card.

@speedyfishy also booked a 2020 ABD through Dreams for the discount

Thanks I'll mention all of that to Dh and see what he thinks. Our main bank will still be Heritage because they refund ATM fees if you make the 10 transactions every month which is super easy to do. We just can't deposit cash with them. I'm actually tempted to not even open an account anywhere until we need to deposit cash.
When we have cash in hand for deposit, I typically go and pay my BoA CC at the ATM. If I have a credit balance, they will just send a refund or I can transfer it to a 529 account. I can make an ATM deposit with Navy Federal, but the closet ATM to take the deposit is over an hour away. If I need cash, Discover cc does the trick at the grocery store or Walmart.

Don't you get assigned seats for JetBlue? I did when I last flew with them in March. Or is it different using URs to book?
You do get to pick your seat, but I know the row I originally had is surrounded by "Even More Space" seats which is the upgraded seat so they flood the overhead before anyone else gets on the plane and the way JetBlue does snack distribution involves storing pre-filled trays in the overhead around this aisle. JetBlue used to just board back to front, but changed to some dynamic system like window, then middle, then aisle seats and prioritizes back, then middle, then front. I booked an aisle towards the front so no luck for me. I guess when I go in a group and have all three across my chances of a decent group is higher.

If only I were Mosaic. HAHA That will never happen!!

Updating this DP.

I checked my recently liquidated MCGCs via Plastiq at 1% fee and their first 8 numbers include 5113 3200, 5113 3201, 5113 3202, 5113 3203, 5113 3204. The commonality is they were all issued by MetaBank and purchased at a supermarket. You can check the small print on the back of the packaging to see whether the MCGC was issued by MetaBank.

Maybe this has been debunked, but I thought it wasn't all Meta MC's that triggered the 1%? I don't know, I didn't follow too closely when it came out and I only noticed when I did my bill pay because it had been mentioned some Meta's still went through as credit. Seems like more show up as debit than not, so maybe there was a change over at some point? Does seem odd that it would only be a batch that starts with 5113 32 doing it so maybe that was the start of the change and all Metas are GTG now?

Well, I just got the email that we didn't get any of our requested tickets for the Olympics :sad::sad: They said my request has been entered into the lottery system and I can try to purchase anything available on July 2. I'm pretty bummed, but everything on the news is already saying that this is forecasted to be one of the most popular Olympics games of all time, and that millions of Japanese residents didn't get tickets either. I find it extremely hard to believe that I couldn't get tickets to equestrian cross-country though... it's not even a seated event, you literally are just walking around a multi-acre open field watching people jump their horses.

I guess worst case scenario, we go to Japan a couple weeks after the Olympics when things are (hopefully) cheaper and easier to book and still have a great vacation.
Totally unplanned on our part, but we were in Sydney in July 2000 about a month before the Olympics but it was really neat to see the Olympic site as it was still a work in progress. It was so nice to watch the Olympics and say we had been there.

@wanderlust7 - Were you able to find any availability at Ventana to book with points? I'm having a hard time with any of the dates that would work for us.

Need more URs! Need a Hyatt card!

Are you adding in your kiddo? I think they only allow kids in the glamping units, which doesn't look bookable with points, so then it looks like there's no points availability.

I booked March for my birthday. Probably not a busy time (hope it doesn't rain!). I checked some other random weekends though and it looked pretty open.

I'm pretty darn excited! We have a dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon Thursday before DAH and a Wave ADR Friday night. We've never been to either of those. We'll have DAH Thursday night, I was able to get a RnRC FP for Friday at 11 am, then on Saturday we're planning on doing the H2O Glow event but I haven't bought tickets yet

I'd be interested to hear a review of The Wave when you get back. I keep seeing really good reviews but nothing on the menu ever really jumps out at me. I ate at Whispering Canyon a super long time ago (back when I was a teenager). Always really liked it then!

Totally unplanned on our part, but we were in Sydney in July 2000 about a month before the Olympics but it was really neat to see the Olympic site as it was still a work in progress. It was so nice to watch the Olympics and say we had been there.

As I was complaining about my seriously first world problem at the lunch table today, one of my coworkers told me that I should try to go to the Olympics the week before, as often there are some minor qualifying events and obviously a lot of athletes are arriving ahead of time.

Are you adding in your kiddo? I think they only allow kids in the glamping units, which doesn't look bookable with points, so then it looks like there's no points availability.

I booked March for my birthday. Probably not a busy time (hope it doesn't rain!). I checked some other random weekends though and it looked pretty open.

Ah, that could be it. I guess we’ll just have to “settle” for the Hyatt Carmel Highlands if we want to bring the kiddo.

@wanderlust7 - Were you able to find any availability at Ventana to book with points? I'm having a hard time with any of the dates that would work for us.

Need more URs! Need a Hyatt card!

This is what I'm seeing. There's 4 of us, and I keep getting the glamping tent options not available for points bookings.

Yes, that Uber Amex credit finally came in handy! We had taken the shuttle over Aquatica this morning and it didn’t bother to notice that the return shuttle wasn’t until 4:20 pm but we were ready to go. Uber + tip to the rescue for free! I think DH was impressed that I actually knew how to use it :) We have no use for Uber where we live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter