I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the super nice customer rep at the Courtyard 37th St in Va Beach to comp us breakfast for tomorrow! I had mentioned that I thought I got free breakfast for being Platinum, she apologized and said breakfast was on her tomorrow :) That works so we can get Duck Donuts one morning because what’s better than a fresh made-to-order 🍩! Yum!

Checking in there next Thursday! I’m glad to be back there after staying at the one at 21st last year.

And don’t forget to pick up discounted GCs before you go. Costco usually has McCormick and Schmick $80 for $100 GCs

Yup! Already have a $60 one that I got on amazon with the use one UR and get $15 off deal. Need to hit up Costco and see what they have. I am literally so excited for those ahi tuna nachos already!

I’m definitely breathing a sigh of relief that everything worked out today. I got some killer FPs and if the availability is any indication then we should have low crowds. Now the only thing I have to worry about is our SW flight getting canceled :rolleyes:

I’m also really excited about our first class to and from Japan flights!! I really didn’t think this was going to come together for us, but it worked out absolutely perfectly. Now it’s time to really get down to booking stuff. I already booked our first four nights in Tokyo at the Hyatt Regency in Shinjuku. I’m hoping to get the Conrad Osaka for two nights after that and take a day trip to Kyoto in there. Then it will be back to Tokyo for three nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay to go to Tokyo Disney!

I told my boss I booked my return flight this morning and he was asking me how long the flight was and if I was able to sleep on planes. I told him that I hadn’t told anyone else yet but I’d been saving airline miles and had booked first class. He was blown away and said that I wasn’t going to be able to sleep in first class because I’d be too busy getting massages and manicures :rotfl2:

Also, I finished this little gem tonight for my boss’ upcoming birthday. Hasn’t been ironed yet so excuse the hoop marks.

I'm pretty sure we have used it for a party of 8 (4 adult/4 kid). We've used it at Yak n Yeti, Rainforest x2, TRex, Landry's, Charlie's Crab, and Bubba Gumps. Very convenient, because we don't plan days out very close. Just eat when we get hungry (or dash in to avoid a storm).

I would suggest listing your "birthday" at a time when you usually visit Disney for the bonus $25 (or choose among family members for an optimal month). Seems like it can be used within about 45 days of the actual birthday.

Thanks!! It actually is my BIL’s birthday just a couple days before our trip, so I’m going to put that down. DPs have been mixed on whether you can use the birthday reward with the welcome reward but I’ll definitely ask.

I just happened to notice he got an email from Credit Karma.

I mean, I would never be randomly reading through DHs email :rolleyes1

Good thing you guys know that I'm in here for deals and credit card reasons, and not just accessing his email like a crazy wife :rotfl:
My DH won’t even get his own email address let alone check email, so I look at all of it. He was ticked when he was forced to get a work email that customers could actually use. He doesn’t want anyone contacting him. Lol.
You just gotta work on that manly voice!! Haha 🤣

It’s been awhile since I had to call in as mrs SFF. That’s always fun :D
I tried being DH. No one actually called me out on it but they kept transferring me to another department to verify my identity until I finally hung up.
Yep...let’s hope they don’t change the SW business card rule
Shhhh
I’m also really excited about our first class to and from Japan flights!! I really didn’t think this was going to come together for us, but it worked out absolutely perfectly.
A little compensation for not getting the Olympics tickets. Hope your hotels work out for more pixie dust.

...and now people are arguing about my question on r/churning and being ridiculous (not to me, to each other).
And I answered one guy's questions elsewhere and he thanked me... and then called out a jerk by username.

The freaking drama over there. :rolleyes:

Wow. You even got a non-sarcastic answer from Pizzy!

Relatively new. Happened in the last few weeks. CIC and CIU can refer to CIU for 15k UR support bonus + 50k UR SUB. Still can’t refer to the CIC.
That would work for me. DH has CIC, CIU and CIP #2 open (CIP#1 closed). I have CIC and CIP #3 & CIP#2 open. Maybe instead of pushing it with CIP #4, I'll go for a CIU with his referral. Hopefully it sticks around for a few months until I can open one.

A little compensation for not getting the Olympics tickets. Hope your hotels work out for more pixie dust.

Yeah, that’s a bummer but I’m still thrilled about the trip! I’ll be interested to see what flight and point availability look like now that we’re a year out from the Olympics and I’m sure people are starting to book.

Has anyone else seen about the equifax settlement? I'm going to have to figure it out since I'm sure that's how someone tried opening an amazon card cause my info was in it.

Already figuring I need to count the time for freezing everything and dealing with chase not that it took long but also that I'm going to have to unfreeze every time I want a new card. I really don't think I care that they are offering credit monitoring, it's safer to have it frozen and there wasn't a hard pull from chase anyway, they caught it so it wouldn't have helped.

Thanks. I will definitely look into this.
ETA: They are not accepting anyone at this time. Oh well.
Sorry to hear that! They send me surveys almost every day, I have been deleting them because we flew American not too long ago so my points don't expire for a while. I guess I had better try some or they might kick me out of the program.

...Sensory friendly means lights on and volume low...

Whew, glad you explained that (I pictured "adult night", but was afraid to ask)

Thanks!! It actually is my BIL’s birthday just a couple days before our trip, so I’m going to put that down. DPs have been mixed on whether you can use the birthday reward with the welcome reward but I’ll definitely ask.

Right, I don't think they will allow both discounts on one visit

1- Okay seems the consensus here is my CIP didn't mean anything and I'm sitting out until 11/19 when I go under 5/24. Oh well. It can make it my Holiday spend card.

2- Since CIP seems to be out of contention, it appears to be safe to go for the Hilton biz, right? Can I self-referred on that or is that a no-no now? I have the Surpass and Aspire. And if not, where is the link to the best offer.

3- I grabbed $1k in MCGC at Staples today. I went and loaded $200 onto serve at DG. I feel sketch doing multiple $200 loads, but it's out of my way, so I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up!

4- I tried the "cancel" trick on the Serve load at Walmart. I swiped and then hit cancel, it would cancel and I would have to swipe again. Never was prompted for Debit and there wasn't a debit button either. At one point the cashier even keyed in debit on her side and it still didn't go through as debit. So I guess I'm going to finish out the $800 I have at DG and wait for VGC only! Grrrr!

I'm trying to close CitiBiz cards. Are all of the backdoor routes to secure message gone? Are we forced to call now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts