I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On ME waiting to leave pop. Apparently some didn't read you need to get here early.

Loudest thunder ever heard in my life!

ETA: sounded like machine guns. Really scared us all but my ds8 startedcrying.

Did you get caught in the rain too. Downpour started while I was on peoplemover for my last ride. Thankfully I had my ponch so only my feet and sandals got wet. But my sandals don't dry fast, they're the strappy vionics. So I'm now the proud owner of some fancy Minnie slides that are so not my style but are cute. They'll become my vacation slides/slippers instead of my addidas ones.

20190812_155517.jpg

On ME waiting to leave pop. Apparently some didn't read you need to get here early.

Did you get caught in the rain too. Downpour started while I was on peoplemover for my last ride. Thankfully I had my ponch so only my feet and sandals got wet. But my sandals don't dry fast, they're the strappy vionics. So I'm now the proud owner of some fancy Minnie slides that are so not my style but are cute. They'll become my vacation slides/slippers instead of my addidas ones.

We’re at HS and got caught in the rain too. Went inside to eat, rain slowed so we headed out and we’re standing in line for star tours when the scary thunder started. People were screaming and running to try to get inside. Seriously scariest thunder I’ve ever heard.

@afan --your spoiler alert made me 😂.

Also I read too quickly and added another "o" to pop so was worried there was something other than shoes in your spoiler.

I think I need more diet dr pepper...

I know how some people are. People always freak in the run fb groups when people post their feet in the post and not the comments. Grantes thoe are most often gross and mine is just Minnie slides on my feet :rotfl2:

Thankfully there weren't any other issues. I'll make sure to send some diet dr pepper your way :D

We’re at HS and got caught in the rain too. Went inside to eat, rain slowed so we headed out and we’re standing in line for star tours when the scary thunder started. People were screaming and running to try to get inside. Seriously scariest thunder I’ve ever heard.

That would be bad. So seldom does a storm actually go over top but when it does wow. Had thr thunder shake the house before.

Clouds aren't looking good towards the airpoet but I don't see any lightening so fingers crossed.

Amex Platinum business MR rebate question. I am at 1 year since applying for the Amex Platinum Business and I don't think I can make it worthwhile to keep for another year. I have MR points that I was planning to use to book flights, but due to the length of time for the 35% rebate to post on my last purchase I am planning to downgrade before there would be time for my rebate points to post on the next purchase. Am I assuming correctly that the points would need to be used AND the rebate post back to my account before I downgrade? If so, I am too late to use the points, and it may be worth keeping the card another year as the break even would be in my favor with the rebate considered. Any thoughts are appreciated!

can u give us more details on your trip? from where to where and dates? maybe there could be a better solution...
Three tickets SFO to PHL, nonstop on Alaska. I was able to get one ticket for free using miles. I have to pay cash for the other 3 though (no more miles). The options are cash of $725 or, 48,00 UR . I am fixed on my dates and need DH and kids to sit next to me. I see flights on Alaska that are as low $155 for other dates but this is right before the July 4th holiday which makes me nervous to wait.

Thoughts?

Thanks. I don't think I ever received a bonus from them aside from this. So 2 bonuses would be nice if it works. I may test it out.
M&T has an envelop in Informed Delivery for my daughter today that says 'don't miss out on this $250 offer.' I was waiting to see the offer, but it wasn't in the mailbox. Have you seen the $250 offer?

M&T has an envelop in Informed Delivery for my daughter today that says 'don't miss out on this $250 offer.' I was waiting to see the offer, but it wasn't in the mailbox. Have you seen the $250 offer?

Haven't seen anything for $250. But did get an offer today for their cc with a $200 sub...No Thanks

We own at AKV and have only once, in 2009, stayed standard view. Savannah view is my happy place :lovestruc We always take afternoon breaks so that dh can check in with work and answer client phone calls/emails. Whichever kids are with us nap, go on their computers, watch tv, or go to the pool. I take my kindle, a big glass of water, and an adult beverage out onto the balcony to hang with my animal friends :)

I still have to book dd's flight back to school on Jan 12 :rolleyes: Who knows how long it will be until I can book everyone for spring break 3/14-20:badpc:

Anyone else going during that same time period as my family, @disneymagicgirl and @Alexle2007 ?

My husband is requesting to go skiing in Steamboat for our spring dates, which is those same dates. There is a tourney in Nashville 14-15 though, so flying out to CO on the 16th. A bunch of our hockey family friends are going. The last thing on earth I want to do at the end of winter is seek out snow, so maybe I will take DD3 (well DD4 by then) to WDW instead. Would that look really rude to all the other families? :rolleyes1 To be fair to me, they all have kids the age of my DS9 and older...I'd be the only one with a small child.

Sorry I haven’t posted lately. Just wanted to check and see what the consensus is on CIP#2 and whether people are waiting 90+ days since their last CIP or last chase app period. Next Monday will be 91 days since my MDD.

AFAIK the CIPpy cup is still flowing. DH was approved for CIP#3 last week (but no card in the mail yet so no opportunity to meet MSR and see if SUB posts). It had been 96 days since CIP#2 (SUB posted last month); I think 91 days will be fine.

Several folks seem to have eased on the CIPpy Cup, following an unrelated, recent AmEx scare where they clawed back points from accounts. The feeling is, Self-Supporting might even be more dangerous.

I plan to support P2 with my CIP2 at 95 days (often recommended here). To date nothing negative has been reported on the CIPpy cup, but the risk is complete ban by Chase. Proceed with caution and at your own risk.

My CIP is here! A few questions:

1 - When I called to confirm receipt of the card it didn't work. The automated system transferred me to the fraud department (!) who asked me a ton of verification questions before activating the card. Is that normal??
2 - I know the business cards don't show up on your regular online account. How do I set up an account to be able to access the CIP information online?
3 - Does Chase care what type of spend I put on the card, especially relating to the MSR purchases?

1..I didn’t have to call, but I had an old SW business card
2..my business cards are on a separate login from my personal....
3..No...you can pretty much justify anything as a business expense....but they have never asked me

1 - I had to talk to someone, too. Pretty painless, and he ...
2 - ... volunteered to link my personal cards to the business account (pretty sure this must be done by phone)
3 - I'm never read the Terms & Conditions, but most of my bill was medical and rent (of mine, for my rental biz)

Thank you! I think if it has a 6/15 expiration it should still work until 8/15.

I have one that expired 7/15 with a 12 digit code, that I can give you (assuming it won't hurt my future chances of application).
I've gotten several others, but shredded them. The last one yesterday (just got caught up today).
Hmmm ... I also bet I could piece together that code???

OMG, I just need to vent! DS12 had a severe panic attack when I tried to drop him off at summer camp this morning at his new private school. He was fine getting ready, the drive there and then when we got there he broke down and refused to get out of the car. After many, many minutes he got out and we walked in (late, of course) and then he refused to go into the room and ran out of the building. Completely frustrated, I start driving us home and we are 10 min into the drive and he says I am ready to give it a try. This time we use a different set of steps and the admissions asst opens the door and she walked him to camp. At that point, he was 45 min late and camp lets out at noon. If this is a snapshot into the Aug 23rd drop-off for the start of the school year, I better have a couple of glasses of wine before we get out of the door because I was beyond frustrated. Now to research strategies for dealing with panic attacks...

This was my DS11 back in 1st grade...all the way until mid October...ever.single.day.
The guidance counselor would have to peel him off of me, he was sobbing, he'd try to get free and run back to the car....ugghhh. I left crying everyday. His anxiety is part of his ADHD, so once we figured that out he is well controlled on meds.

I hope it gets better for your little guy. That is a big change for him so I understand his anxiety. :(

For those who opened Great Southern Bank accounts, has anyone opened a second? (Money Market). I have one, but not sure if I can apply when logged into my current account or just start a new app like I don’t already have one.

CIP came today. Would love to meet MSR in one charge!

For those who opened Great Southern Bank accounts, has anyone opened a second? (Money Market). I have one, but not sure if I can apply when logged into my current account or just start a new app like I don’t already have one.

CIP came today. Would love to meet MSR in one charge!
Yes, I have opened two accounts, one checking (I think) and one savings. Just start a new app, there is no way to do it from the existing app. They will call you to verify and then the account will appear on your login with your other one once you are approved.

I have one that expired 7/15 with a 12 digit code, that I can give you (assuming it won't hurt my future chances of application).
I've gotten several others, but shredded them. The last one yesterday (just got caught up today).
Hmmm ... I also bet I could piece together that code???

Thank you, but the 12 digit code isn’t transferable. Thank you though for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts