I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.... back in the sticks of NE your kid can get a school permit (as in unaccompanied) when they are 14 and 2 months. :faint: They can get a school learner's permit for that as long as they will be 14 by Oct 15 that year (basically so they can have 2ish months to learn and meet all the requirements for the full school permit. And then they can take their siblings!

Now in the big city, you can get your permit at 15, and a provisional permit at 16 (they call it that, it's basically license). The provisional permit does not allow driving between midnight and 6am unless for school or work, and you can only have siblings in your car. Then at 18 you get a full regular license. If you dont have any tickets or accidents you can go in at 17 and get the full license.

Anndddd I'm pretty sure that the rule in rural areas is that kids can drive their family's vehicles on their property only at 12 or 13.

Any suggestions for Boston hotels? Hoping to do touristy things and Gillette Stadium. The stadium is so far out of town, would love to hear suggestions!
This place is probably totally out of the price range but I stayed here once for business and the hotel was SO cool (and I rarely say that about a hotel:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hot...t-vacation-club-pulse-at-custom-house-boston/
It had these neat suites with a loft bedroom. My sister lived in Boston at the time and she came to visit me at the hotel and then we grabbed dinner and she thought my room was so awesome! It's in a very historic building.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Custom_House

I wouldn't even think about it. Down here people don't start to worry until a system is a few miles from shore (because more often than not the systems move away before they become a real threat).

Thank you, I really appreciate that. :hug: To be honest, I don't really care if it hits while we're there as long as I can actually get down there on my flight Saturday (obviously I do not want anybody to be hurt by it, but I'm just saying). Right now it's showing that winds won't even be felt as late as Sunday near the US, so I'm hoping that stays true.

It has just been SUCH a stressful week. I have been working nonstop (including at home right now) trying to get ahead on work and I am just DROWNING. My poor paralegals have been churning out work as fast as they can and we still can't get ahead. Then DH meets the HVAC guy today to find out that there are multiple freon leaks in our unit and house and that we probably need a whole new heat pump, which I'm positive will result in me having to get pretty nasty with the home warranty company later this week.

On the plus side, I am seeing absolutely phenomenal wait times throughout every park on the app this week! Me, DH, and my BIL keep texting screenshots of them to each other and just screaming "GET IN THE CAR!"

If/When people see Chase support links go pending for the week, please report that here. I'm personally looking for one that seems a week late but I hate to keep checking myself over and over again and not knowing if they've already posted, lol! That could happen this evening BUT we've also seen it happen on Thursdays a couple of times recently too.
Thanks for the reminder! I am expecting 15,000 URs from a CSP that was app’ed, recon’ed, and approved all on 9/10. I thought it would make it through this Tuesday, but there has been that Wed/Thurs delay so I’ll keep an eye on it and report back. :magnify:

I'm sorry. We are almost at that point. My mom goes to almost all of my nephews' games. She had reason to miss things while we were in Maryland. But, we're only a few hours away now. Even when we've stayed with her for away tournaments/competitions she very rarely attended a game/competition. She even had me thinking she was skipping my daughter's wedding. They have no reason to not visit us, but my parents don't. The inlaws never show up either, but they do have health issues now so I can kind of forgive them. Kind of. That doesn't cover the past.

As a hopefully soon-to-be grandma, I don't understand this! But then my parents rarely came to my things. Neither my parents nor in-laws were close enough to come to our kids' events. When DD has kids I am planning to relocate closer to her so we can be involved grandparents. I know there are a few northern VA peeps on this thread, I may be bugging them for thoughts on areas in a while.

Are you still staying a couple nights at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve? I’m anxious to hear what you think of it.
Yes...we are at Lakeshore Reserve in a 2br from 9/18 to 9/22 .then move over to a 2br unit at Beach Club Villas....until 9/25
friends have stayed at Lakeshore and said it’s their favorite of all the Marriotts in Orlando...will let you how we like it
On Sunday we are all driving over to meet our best friends who are visiting their son who lives by Tampa...and going to the Giants game ....

As a hopefully soon-to-be grandma, I don't understand this! But then my parents rarely came to my things. Neither my parents nor in-laws were close enough to come to our kids' events. When DD has kids I am planning to relocate closer to her so we can be involved grandparents. I know there are a few northern VA peeps on this thread, I may be bugging them for thoughts on areas in a while.
About 20 years ago I pointed out to DH that when we had grandchildren we might need to sell the cows and relocate. Fortunately, DGD lives just across the road and DD and husband have no plans to ever move. The dairy cows are gone. I’m not sad and DH was pretty content to not go out in -20 to milk and feed.

trust me you're going to miss all this...:sad: I miss all the craziness and schedules and noise and mess.... once they start driving they fire you!:rotfl: and suddenly your time is your own (mostly) again.... not complaining about my time but I do miss the chaos. (DH doesn't lol)
I don't miss any of that...but I have replaced driving kids with meals on wheels delivery and driving cancer patients for treatment.

About 20 years ago I pointed out to DH that when we had grandchildren we might need to sell the cows and relocate. Fortunately, DGD lives just across the road and DD and husband have no plans to ever move. The dairy cows are gone. I’m not sad and DH was pretty content to not go out in -20 to milk and feed.
You're lucky! With 2 kids on the west coast not likely to have children (possibly ever) we'll head to the DC area. SIL works in National security, so they will be staying in that area. Plus better flights out of DC area compared to PIT!

I've been thinking about volunteering with Meals on Wheels! How long have you been doing it? Do you drive the same route each time?
3 or 4 years I think? I really enjoy it. Most people do the same route/day either every week or every other. I am a sub, so I fill in all 6 routes that go out of my location, on a variable schedule. Lots of folks going on vacation, having surgery, etc, need to be replaced temporarily. I am on the younger side for volunteers and know how to use Google maps to find places!

3 or 4 years I think? I really enjoy it. Most people do the same route/day either every week or every other. I am a sub, so I fill in all 6 routes that go out of my location, on a variable schedule. Lots of folks going on vacation, having surgery, etc, need to be replaced temporarily. I am on the younger side for volunteers and know how to use Google maps to find places!
Nice! I think I'll call in October to see what's available. I have Tuesdays open this year so I'd like to do once a week or every other week if possible.

Anyone in the process of renewing their passport while also having global entry? I hear you can renew the global entry online without re enrolling and interviewing.. we are two years into our 5 year membership. Has anyone recently gone through this?

Guys.... back in the sticks of NE your kid can get a school permit (as in unaccompanied) when they are 14 and 2 months. :faint: They can get a school learner's permit for that as long as they will be 14 by Oct 15 that year (basically so they can have 2ish months to learn and meet all the requirements for the full school permit. And then they can take their siblings!

Now in the big city, you can get your permit at 15, and a provisional permit at 16 (they call it that, it's basically license). The provisional permit does not allow driving between midnight and 6am unless for school or work, and you can only have siblings in your car. Then at 18 you get a full regular license. If you dont have any tickets or accidents you can go in at 17 and get the full license.

Anndddd I'm pretty sure that the rule in rural areas is that kids can drive their family's vehicles on their property only at 12 or 13.

Lots of space + not a lot of people/cars/stuff = less risky and much more helpful to parents?

This place is probably totally out of the price range but I stayed here once for business and the hotel was SO cool (and I rarely say that about a hotel:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hot...t-vacation-club-pulse-at-custom-house-boston/
It had these neat suites with a loft bedroom. My sister lived in Boston at the time and she came to visit me at the hotel and then we grabbed dinner and she thought my room was so awesome! It's in a very historic building.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Custom_House

I have looked at - and booked, and cancelled- that place so many times, but haven't been able to find it at a price I'm willing to pay (even when it is cheap, other good options have been so much cheaper). Will have to try to make that one work sometime!

Tropical depression ten is forecast to turn into a hurricane and I found out today that I need a new heat pump. Three days before my vacation. Because, of course I do.
I wouldn't even think about it. Down here people don't start to worry until a system is a few miles from shore (because more often than not the systems move away before they become a real threat).

We fly out Mon am and leave Fri am. Really hoping for good weather and for the low crowds to continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter