I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll text my mom tomorrow and see if they mind splitting up. I wonder if we split 4/4 if maybe that will open up more. Are you on your phone to get this view of availability?
That could also work! If you want to guarantee the 6:45pm showtime you may also want to call dining when you finally book. If you click online it randomly generates 5:00pm, 6:45pm, or 8:15pm which is REALLY annoying (and reserves that time slot for a good 20+ minutes). I was using a Chrome incognito window on my laptop to browse. I do all my MDE planning in an incognito window because I find it glitches slightly less 🤣

ETA: Splitting 4/4 may be good! I see Garden Grill and Ale & Compass breakfast, numerous lunch options, and Biergarten, Garden Grill, and Coral Reef for dinner.

That could also work! If you want to guarantee the 6:45pm showtime you may also want to call dining when you finally book. If you click online it randomly generates 5:00pm, 6:45pm, or 8:15pm which is REALLY annoying (and reserves that time slot for a good 20+ minutes). I was using a Chrome incognito window on my laptop to browse. I do all my MDE planning in an incognito window because I find it glitches slightly less 🤣

ETA: Splitting 4/4 may be good! I see Garden Grill and Ale & Compass breakfast, numerous lunch options, and Biergarten, Garden Grill, and Coral Reef for dinner.
Because I am hyper, as I am sure you all have figured out, I want the dining package for the 6:45 and we will SB line the 8:00.

I have an offer on Amex - 15% back at Lowe’s (up to $15). I can buy a Disney gift card and it will be activated right?
Yep! This is an offer we all look forward to! Off to check my accounts!

ETA: Added it to my BBP and DH’s Biz Gold AU. Of course, it wasn’t on his Hilton Surpass that I am working on the MSR.

Last edited:

Yep! This is an offer we all look forward to! Off to check my accounts!

ETA: Added it to my BBP and DH’s Biz Gold AU. Of course, it wasn’t on his Hilton Surpass that I am working on the MSR.

It was on all my MR cards (Plat, Biz Plat, BGR, Rose Gold, BBP), my wife’s Rose Gold AU, and my and DW’s Bonvoy cards. Added it to my BBP and her legacy Bonvoy (to put some spend on it).

Thanks for the tip @pinkxray! :thumbsup2

Wow, you're all up late (early?) although perhaps you're on the east coast. Well... I know @Lain isn't on the east coast, so I suspect a small someone is responsible for your current presence here.

I forgot about that. They consistently shorted customers a little bit in each can. I think I was supposed to get cans of tuna (or coupons for them). Is that what you got, or was there a cash option too?

Skimming and must have missed this. Chase Freedom has some kinda reward credit going on? I have a CF

Nope. Not the Chase card - I was talking about lemon raspberry cheesecake at CF = Cheesecake Factory. Thanks @GlamMistress .

I think I remember that tunagate - not sure I filled out the form but I've eaten plenty of tuna in the past but never buy it anymore.

Prolly. Thank you!

My first car had AM radio, a heater, and power brakes (which were rather new at the time)

My first car was a new one back in 1980 - a Pontiac Sunbird. I was already married by then. I did get my license in my teens, which was notable because I had a minor accident while taking my test with the Driver's Ed car. After that I drove my parents' car, took public transportation - trains, buses, ferries, etc and was lucky in that I could rent a car under 25 due to knowing a guy (manager) at a car rental location, so when I actually needed a car I could pay for one.

We had a family car before I got my own car, and I drove it a lot but didn't consider it 'my' car because I didn't get to pick it. The Sunbird had all the new stuff at the time, but had a little black cloud chasing it - 8 or so times in the first year I was dealer towed. For the same problem, the alternator would fall off and the car would stop - actually a bolt would shear off. The very inconvenient problem was fixed when they discovered a missing washer possibly missed during assembly.
We were driving around in Mexico in 100 degree heat and the AC went out. It was sitting in my yard and the sun roof busted - either from heat build up or maybe some other reason. And then it got hit by hail big as baseballs in the Texas summer. We moved to Rhode Island and traded it in for a single family car as I didn't work a job while there and hubby was at sea most of the time. I paid it off with the insurance claim money before trading it. And oh yes - forgot that on the way out of Texas I had a blowout on the highway going full speed and at that time hubby was driving his car up front - so it took a while for him to figure out he lost me. A big black cloud chased that car. This was all in a two year period.

Last edited:
Maybe this is the time to mention that I used my credit at CF yesterday. And, I grabbed a Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake. OMG = that was delicious! I had used my previous couple of credits for a burger at SS. CF was convenient yesterday and I had a bit of lunch there and got the cheesecake to go.

I used last month’s credit on a Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake at the CF! So good! But I think it was a limited time offering. I’m really tempted to swing by sometime this month to see if it’s still there.

My first car was an 'arrest me red' Nissan Sentra. I bought it myself and got pulled over plenty in the first year- yep, I have a heavy foot. I sweet talked my way out of all but one and I took defensive driving for that one. I cannot tell you how many times I've been pulled over and I've had like 3 tickets ever. Waterworks work is all I can say lol.

My first car was a Nissan Sentra too! Not red though, boring beige. It was actually a lease which my mom and stepdad thought was a good deal- it was in theory because it was super cheap, however a brand new car for a new driver was kinda rough- I think I replaced the front bumper 3 different times! Not all my fault though- one time I was parked at a police substation to take my dad to night court (long story) and someone did a hit and run - right after I had just gotten it back from being repaired! I was like seiously?!?

@*WDW*Groupie* - I see that Ariana from Point Chaser went to the WA Maldives and posted a review. It looks AH-mazeballs but oh so spendy! Still, it's good to get a heads up on what to expect so I thought you'd appreciate the review.

https://www.pointchaser.com/waldorf-astoria-maldives-review/

My first car was an 'arrest me red' Nissan Sentra. I bought it myself and got pulled over plenty in the first year- yep, I have a heavy foot. I sweet talked my way out of all but one and I took defensive driving for that one. I cannot tell you how many times I've been pulled over and I've had like 3 tickets ever. Waterworks work is all I can say lol.

Another lead foot here. Years ago I wound up getting 3 speeding tickets in one month. The third ticket was on the way to traffic school! 😆 I did not share that information with the cop.

Last edited:
My first car was a new one back in 1980 - a Pontiac Sunbird. I was already married by then. I did get my license in my teens, which was notable because I had a minor accident while taking my test with the Driver's Ed car. After that I drove my parents' car, took public transportation - trains, buses, ferries, etc and was lucky in that I could rent a car under 25 due to knowing a guy (manager) at a car rental location, so when I actually needed a car I could pay for one.

Too funny about the accident during your test. My oldest daughter had the same thing happen to her. She tapped a car next to her as she was parking after the test. No damage to either car, thankfully, but the tester was mad. He tore up the paperwork that approved her for her license and said, “d#@* it! Now I have to fail you.” She was devastated, naturally.

Thank you for posting about this. I was thinking I need to cancel my Target card because I never use it, so I keep getting those letters that say we will close your account if you don't use it (which apparently they don't actually do) . . . I would be super angry if my Target card got "upgraded" and that counted as a new card.

I had a Target card that I never used. I went to use it at Target one day and it had been closed. I didn't reopen because by then I was watching my card counts. Don't recall getting anything from Target but I was really good at not opening all my mail - stuff where I knew I didn't need to make a payment so probably tossed any notices. I'm just not a huge Target shopper.

Wait, what??? You eat Uncrustables??? My ds11 loved those until he was 9yo and then he quit eating them. I worry about you, girl.

My 27year old will still eat them if I buy them. She also likes the little drinkable Dannon yoghurts. I buy stuff like this for the grands and she eats it also.

I hope no Colorado authorities are reading this! I can see it now: your avatar and this post on all the bulletin boards with a warning: just give her a ticket - ignore the tears!

Last edited:
It was on all my MR cards (Plat, Biz Plat, BGR, Rose Gold, BBP), my wife’s Rose Gold AU, and my and DW’s Bonvoy cards. Added it to my BBP and her legacy Bonvoy (to put some spend on it).

Thanks for the tip @pinkxray! :thumbsup2

That's what I did - added it to my legacy Bonvoy to put spend on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!