I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more cruise questions...

-Do we pay for the excursions ahead of time?
-What happens if the excursions get cancelled?
-It seems like they bill your room for stuff while you’re on the ship. How do I pay for things with gift cards instead of having my card charged?
You don’t really prepay but there is a cancellation window (72 hours?). If the excursion gets cancelled you don’t get charged. You can try to rebook something else based on availability. Set up a cash account and call in gift cards ahead of time for your onboard account or go to guest services.

I like Palo brunch, but it gets overhyped online (which is why it's getting so hard to book these days). So, yes, try when you board, but don't feel like you're missing out on something so special that it will ruin your cruise. I also like Palo dinner, and that's always easier to book. I hope you do get that reservation, though. :)
I like both. We usually eat there multiple times each trip. I’m not a fan of the MDR food.

I'm not sure you would survive in my home... lol. We're not too picky on the ingredients we buy.

We only eat jif peanut butter and I get the kind without corn syrup. I only eat welchs grape jelly and get the kind without corn syrup. I'd eat the other but when you can get it more natural there's no reason not to.

Also, you are far from the picky eater you claim to be because I am and you eat way more things than I ever will like pickles and wings. Bleh, all those sauces are gross whether it's bbq or hot sauce.

I like Palo brunch, but it gets overhyped online (which is why it's getting so hard to book these days). So, yes, try when you board, but don't feel like you're missing out on something so special that it will ruin your cruise. I also like Palo dinner, and that's always easier to book. I hope you do get that reservation, though. :)
I like both. We usually eat there multiple times each trip. I’m not a fan of the MDR food.
I think since it's our first cruise we're just going to pay the extra to do it through Disney. I'd rather it be hassle free that way we don't have to worry about getting around. If we do another cruise to the same place I could see us doing stuff on our own instead
you guys traveled to Japan on your own. You can definitely handle it, but you do you friend. You’ll have fun either way.

I hear cow tongue is delicious. I haven't had the opportunity myself.

I believe beef tongue was one of the choices at Oyamel in DC when we went. I know I had a hard time picking something that didn’t sound too exotic or seafood. I think grasshopper was also on there. 🤮 I don’t like seafood and am not that adventurous on foods. Reminds me of the picture I took last week when I was in the Pittsburgh Strip District. Dang that they were all out of Iguana, because that’s what I was going to buy. 🤣🤣

C8714EA0-7531-40C6-98C8-33378A41A788.jpeg

Do you really know that many adults eating pop tarts each day (besides you)?? :rotfl:
A coworker of mine eats one for breakfast EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Chocolate chip cookie dough!

I ate two pop tarts this month... TWO, people!!! Hahaha. I don’t normally eat breakfast. When you wake up 2 hours away from lunchtime it seems unnecessary 🤣
I am this way when I work from home too! I will also admit I ate an individual serving pack of gold fish as I drove to work yesterday for breakfast. "I could eat them every day, and my mom says that's OK!"

I had poptarts once when I was little and didn't like them. I still don't get why people like them and that most don't even toast them which is the whole point, at least those I've known that ate them.
My main complaint was that the icing didn't cover the whole thing! WHY!? I wanted them smothered HAHAHA

And now that I read nutrition labels the "two servings" in one pack is laughable!

I had poptarts once when I was little and didn't like them. I still don't get why people like them and that most don't even toast them which is the whole point, at least those I've known that ate them.
I think they’re disgusting - toasted or not. Just too sweet and fakey tasting. I do buy them for my boys occasionally. But mostly I just like picking on @SouthFayetteFan :laughing:

I think they’re disgusting - toasted or not. Just too sweet and fakey tasting. I do buy them for my boys occasionally. But mostly I just like picking on @SouthFayetteFan :laughing:
So I'm not going to lie. I've eaten way too many pop tarts in my life but I have a terrible sweet tooth. Now that I'm 42, I probably wouldn't eat one. Mainly because one pack is not two servings, it's one despite what the nutrition information tells me. And I don't need 400 empty calories. But in college I liked the frosted strawberry (so sweet--ew) and the brown sugar ones they sold in the vending machines. I still like the s'mores ones. Just being real!

Brown sugar cinnamon was my favorite and I did actually enjoy it when it was toasted (I always cut the non-iced parts off)

So there’s two adults.
:rotfl: I think it is the same reason that @SouthFayetteFan indulges. My coworker's daughter likes them so she has them readily available and it's easy.

*edited for clarity*

Last edited:
Why do we not have a vomit reaction? lol
My BIL once tried to get me to eat pigs feet. I knew when he wouldn't tell me what the dish was that it wasn't something I was going to eat. It's a cultural dish for him and something he grew up with -- he thought it was super special and wanted me to taste it, just fyi.... As a rule of thumb if someone won't disclose the ingredients of a dish I'm not consuming it.

Brown sugar cinnamon was my favorite and I did actually enjoy it when it was toasted (I always cut the non-iced parts off)

:rotfl: I think it is the same reason that@SouthFayetteFan indulges. Her daughter likes them so she has them readily available and it's easy.
I don't like Pop Tart "crust" either! What's the point? I mean I know it has to be there. Maybe we should invent a tool to remove Pop Tart crust that we can sell for $4:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter