I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was your goal to get a CSR card out of one of them? If so, do either of you have other personal card(s) open with ample CL? You can easily call in and move CL around between personal cards. So if you had 2 other cards each with $5k you could just move $2,500 from each of those cards and boom, you’re at $10k. You do need to leave behind some CL so that card doesn’t get closed (I typically do $1,000). You can then do the PC on the same call even.

Also, once the PC is done, you can always shift the CL back. I know it all seems odd but you just need to have $10k to complete the PC.
Yes, I was thinking CSR. Neither of us have any other chase personal cards

Yes, I was thinking CSR. Neither of us have any other chase personal cards
Well - yeah, you’re in a tough spot then. 😔 If you aren’t planning to open a new Chase personal card right now then I think your only option is to request a CL increase to $10k which may be accompanied by a hard pull (inquiry) on your credit report.

(If you happened to be opening a new Chase personal card soon there would be on other strategy here but I wouldn’t recommend opening a Chase personal card simply for this reason - only if you already planned to).

:wave2:

I (DH 😉) received an offer to upgrade SW Plus to SW Priority.

Does anyone know when the $149 AF will post? Is it immediately or when my next AF was expected to post next August?

Here is a Marriott Bonvoy query and watch:

For those of us who signed up for the SPG Lux/alias Marriott Brilliant in August of 2018 when it was first introduced, who has or has anyone received their 50K certificate?

I'm watching for mine everyday. I signed up on August 23rd, my annual fee posted and was paid immediately, so we are at 52 days or 7 and a half weeks. I know some have gotten theirs earlier as a result of upgrading a card with an earlier anniversary, but I'm talking original application dates here. I want to know the day these free nights will hit, so I can plan my next strategy.

Nothing yet and I applied during that 48 hour window that bypassed the new rule on 8/23.

Am I looking at reddit the wrong way? I think I have the new comments link up, but I only see one comment today. I miss all the posts here and if they have migrated I certainly can't seem to find them. :sad2:
No new comments today - I just checked a few minutes ago actually. It’s just been a quiet churning day (week?). It seems in general there is a lack of exciting churning news lately. No new cards, no new exciting offers, most of us are pursuing a pretty boring (but lucrative) strategy. I’ve also commented that we’ve seen a similar trend on r/churning. The game happens in waves.

No new comments today - I just checked a few minutes ago actually. It’s just been a quiet churning day (week?). It seems in general there is a lack of exciting churning news lately. No new cards, no new exciting offers, most of us are pursuing a pretty boring (but lucrative) strategy. I’ve also commented that we’ve seen a similar trend on r/churning. The game happens in waves.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Good to know it's not my lousy reddit abilities.

Are you looking to stay on-site or off-site? Buy park tickets? This is big because if you are looking at tickets or on-site hotels Chase URs are only worth their cash value and there may be other cards you should consider.

Are you willing to open "business" cards? Do you have a side hustle of any sort? Many of us here sell on ebay, tutor, sell cookies, pet watch... you get the drift ;) even a small side hustle qualifies you as having a sole-proprietorship business and that opens other cc to you.

How much will you spend on your new cc per month?

Looking to stay on-site and will prob do APs unless going the ticket route is more cost effective given the CC benefits.

We generally spend anywhere from 3k to up to 7k a month depending on what kinds of costs crop up during that particular time frame. 4k is prob a safe monthly guess, give or take.

I def have a side hustle that could qualify me for business cards if that proved to be a worthwhile route for us!

At airport now on first trip since oldest turned 13. The hassle to get her an identification and then precheck was just pronounced “worth it.” Of course D13 is the Luna Lovegood of my children and promptly left her carry on where we were standing after stopping to get coffee. I saw it there but wrongly assumed she was getting it when we started walking again. She remembered, short jog back, and it was still there. Crisis averted!
Wait, do 13 year olds need ID for TSA? DS used to get a student ID but I don’t think his new school issues them.

If I ever go to Le Cellier you better believe that my steak will be MOOING!!! LOL!! I'd go full rare there! (I totally understand why someone such as yourself, currently...cannot do that though, lol!)
@Haley R - saw these gifs today and just had to share in light of our convo on steak the other day:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gollum and I probably enjoy a similar level of done-ness when it comes to steak!!

May I just vent (off topic)?

My house is only 6 years old. The handle on my microwave just broke. Replacement handles for my specific model (which apparently has been discontinued) are $60 minimum, and all the less expensive non-OEM handles won't fit my model. What the heck???? The reviews for the correct handle all get terrible reviews and none of them is available with Prime.

Grr.

The same thing happened to my mom’s microwave a few years ago!! Hers was older than yours, but it was still weird and I feel like even more expensive just to replace the handle. It wasn’t a fancy microwave or anything either.

:offtopic:

It has been a weird two days, guys. Well, really just yesterday but I’ve still had a lot of anxiety today lol. Our biggest horse show of the year is currently going on in Columbus, OH. The show lasts almost the entire month of October. I have been arguing with our horse show association all year that DH was qualified to show in a certain class there with his horse and they kept telling me he wasn’t. After many frustrating conversations over the summer, we finally gave up and decided we weren’t going to the show there this month since he couldn’t show in that class. Entries for the show were due August 25.

Yesterday morning, more than 60 days since the last time I discussed this issue with anyone, our association called me with the “great news!” that DH was qualified for that class all along. I burst into tears and let them know they had ruined our horse show plans for the month as a result of their ineptitude and that we hadn’t signed up for the show and the class DH would’ve shown in was this upcoming Sunday. I hung up and called my horse trainer, who’s already in Ohio helping other clients, and cried to him. He talked to me for a few and then told me he’d call me back in an hour. He called me later and said that he could have somebody pick our horse up from his farm in NC and haul it to Ohio for us immediately if I could give him an answer right then about if we wanted to make the trip up there to show and just pay the late fees to register for the class. I frantically texted DH about it to make sure he could get off work and told him I’d pay whatever it costs, I just wanted him to show.

So, after a roller coaster of emotions and probably freaking our trainer out by me calling him crying (I don’t cry, y’all), my husband now gets to show his horse against 100 other exhibitors this coming Sunday night! I’m eating $300 in late fees, which I will be contacting our association about later to let them know they can make the check out to me for that reimbursement, and I don’t even know how much I paid to have DH’s horse hauled to Ohio, but I don’t care. I’m really excited for him to show and think he may do really well! Fortunately, we had already planned to go to Ohio this weekend just to watch the horse show, so I only had to extend our stay there by one night. It won’t be the relaxing/shopping/eating weekend I had planned, but I can’t wait!

anyways, thanks for listening to my emotional roller coaster diatribe:rotfl:

I just returned from the Dis Podcast ABD- London, Paris, and DLP.

I paid for the podcast primarily with discounted disney gift cards-usually from 9-25% off. This trip was not inexpensive but I did use points/miles to assist in defraying the transportation costs.

tink flying from home (PNS)-
PNS-ATL Delta Skymiles (open jaw PNS-ATL, MCO-ATL-PNS) first class, 42K Skymiles

DH flying from near his work (ECP)-
ECP-ATL RT comfort +, 25K skymiles

DH, tink flying from ATL-
ATL-LHR, Delta One (biz), 86Kx2=172K skymiles

tink flying from CDG
CDG-DUB, Europe biz-25K skymiles

DH flying from CDG
CDG-ATL, comfort +, 50K skymiles

tink, flying from DUB
DUB-MCO, biz on Aer Lingus, 37.5K MRs (62.5K but 40% transfer bonus from Amex)

Hotels-
ATL-Marriott 35K certificate-ATL Gateway Renaissance

DUB-Fitzwilliam Hotel, prepaid with Hotels.com gift certificates bought on sale

MCO-Hyatt MCO Regency Hotel, 12K URs transferred to Hyatt

***all flights paid for with a combination of skymiles/MRs (some of the Delta flights I used a combination of skymiles including transferred MRs to skymiles).

***sharp eyes might note that Tink's DH was not always in first/biz...well, when P1 makes the flight arrangements and P0.0000002 is difficult about playing this game...he gets comfort + !

MRs can be very helpful for redemption for international flights-I used them for Delta One and Aer Lingus business. As always, I had a good experience on Delta One and Aer Lingus was adequate- not as good as my Delta One and United Polaris experience but not terrible.

I've posted brief reviews on the Renaissance and Hyatt on the I love credit cards hotels reviews.

Last edited:
Wait, do 13 year olds need ID for TSA? DS used to get a student ID but I don’t think his new school issues them.

I know for sure they need it to get precheck and they need to have their own when traveling with others (parents) once they turn 13. In order to get precheck when she turned 13 in August we had to have a state ID or passport AND some type of residency document or a birth certificate. So it was a hassle. This morning I grabbed the ID card just in case...the TSA definitely examined it when we went through. I am not sure what would have happened if we hadn’t have had it. It doesn’t help that she has been on a huge growing spurt and despite the fact she is barely 13 she looks older. I might just see what happens when we fly out...if they want it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!