I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piggybacking on the "last day for 80k SW" excitement... Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Wednesday October 30 (2 weeks from today).
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 4/13/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 6/6/20 (covering the remainder of spring break season as well as Memorial day but narrowly missing the beginning of "summer break" trips). I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently.
- The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
- The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
- The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

Last edited:
Looking over IHG's cell phone coverage, what do people think about the apple watch falling under the coverage? If you have the one with GPS/Cell Service, one could argue perhaps....hmmmm.

And am I reading it correctly? You fix it and then make the claim if it's damaged? Or do you get the estimate and wait? I've used my IHG card to pay my cell phone bill on and off. We have a broken screen (that doesn't fall under enough damage yet to be fixed). I'm just wondering when it finally shatters, do we fix then file? Or file then fix?

I thought about you this weekend when my friend from the Denver area was visiting, we somehow got on the subject of things that smell bad. Her example was the stinky dog food factory that she has to occasionally drive by. :rotfl2: I almost said, hey I think my friend works there. But thought that might lead into questions I didn't have answers to. lol
:rotfl: And apparently we don't smell as badly as we used too!! Actually there is a carcass/cooking oil recycling place only a few blocks from us and that place REEKS. No one would think our plant stunk after going by that.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...hborhood-stink-is-ruining-last-days-of-summer
Just to clarify, no one in the US puts horsemeat in pet food.

I thought my mom might have forgotten about us telling them about dvc in 2011 and would think it was just a loyalty program too... BUT recently, she was telling me about how her dentist did the DCP and met his wife in the DCP and they have kids and go all the time now and own DVC :oops: Rutt-Ro. She knows what DVC is!
This may be a little "tough love" for this forum, but as someone who has had to set healthy parental boundries.... As long as you pay your own bills, it's none of their business. If they disapprove just politely and firmly say "it's a decision between me and my spouse and we are satisfied with our purchase". Do not engage in any further discussion. I get not poking the bear and STARTING a disagreement, but if it comes up then just cut the discussion short and move on.

Last edited:
:rotfl: And apparently we don't smell as badly as we used too!! Actually there is a carcass/cooking oil recycling place only a few blocks from us and that place REEKS. No one would think our plant stunk after going by that.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...hborhood-stink-is-ruining-last-days-of-summer
Just to clarify, no one in the US puts horsemeat in pet food.

I am really afraid to ask, What are they recycling it into???? I have never heard of animal carcass recycling. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

I am really afraid to ask, What are they recycling it into???? I have never heard of animal carcass recycling. :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
Hmmm, I imagine some of it may be back into ingredients for the pet food industry :rolleyes: If they can pull fat, etc out of it your pets think that is delicious lol. I think mostly though they are able to recycle things into fuel.

ETA: Also found something online about them processing things to gelatin too.

Actually, even though it's the park I visit the most due to staying at BCV and BWV on most trips, it's my 3rd also. First is Animal Kingdom, 2nd is Magic Kingdom, 3rd Epcot, then DHS, but I do like all the parks.
I got to do a preview at Animal Kingdom before it opened, that was offered to me at the desk at Poly while we were staying there. Had an amazing day there with cast members interacting and no crowds. That will always be my memory and feel for AK, even when it is super hot and crowded, I can block it all out and walk about with special memories and thoughts.
And, there were so many naysayers for AK, it remained a good experience for quite a few years. Then people started coming anyway and made it crowded, but Disney changed it along the way, sort of renewing it. I miss a few things like being able to do quick service at Tusker House and have never done the sit down there. I miss the amazing cinnamon rolls - if you get them they are not as good anywhere at Disney, even at Gaston's. I would buy one for the next morning with coffee, but now they are the type that dry up.
If you buy discounted Disney gift cards with your credit card to help meet an MSR, you can use them at AK to buy souvenirs - it's one of the few places I buy souvenirs.

Edited to add a special but not so special experience: The trail with the gorillas used to have the male/bachelor band on one side of the rope and wooden walkway/bridge thingy. One day, I was going across with other guests and they started pelting the guests with handfuls of poop! They missed me, but not everyone was that lucky! Now, you will not see six bachelors within firing distance of guests, lol.
My order of favorite parks is:
1-MK
2-HS
3-Epcot
4-AK

Since so many of you seem to be DVC members here, I have an off-topic question... We are going down to WDW, and meeting up with my sister who is a DVC member for a weekend in December. We'll be there on a Friday, all arriving around 1 pm, and our plan was to go into the parks together at 4, since my family will have MVMCP tickets, and her family has APs. They'll leave at 6, and then we'll all head to EMH together early Saturday morning (my sister has a little one, while ours are teens, so her family needs a bit more rest time).

Since the DVC member's family doesn't have MVMCP tickets, we assumed that 2 pm entry would not be available for our group. Is that correct? Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? Thank you!

Impressive!!! That's a really good redemption for Sky Pesos!

I thought the DLP hotel was like a tired GF in need of a bit of TLC but I loved it all the same and would happily stay there again.

Was the activity with the imagineer an exclusive PodCast or ABD DLP thing or is that something that could be booked OYO like some of the tours and behind the scenes activities in WDW?

Comfort Plus? You are much nicer than I would be with a reluctant P2. I would have booked basic economy and waited for P2 to walk past my comfy seat, raised my glass of champagne, smiled and said, "Bye Felicia!"

Thank you...I am no where close to redeeming like you, my friend, but do my best!

I completely agree with your DLP assessment...of course it helps that it's PINK and had a bathtub...also after the lovely but super tiny Hilton Opera Paris, the space was appreciated.

I think the tour we had with the specific Imagineer-Yves, who was the Imagineer who opened DLP and has been with the company for decades was a very exclusive part of this specific Podcast DLP ABD. Are you friends with Jennae on the fb? She was one of the guides and would know better than I whether private tours with an imagineer are available. One of our guides, Stephanie, had been a VIP tour guide for DLP (and has the selfie with Prince Harry to prove it!) but she wasn't an imagineer.
Yves himself said he had never really done one of these tours for peasants...okay he didn't use that word but...y'know...

LOL on the comfort+ booking-I feel horribly guilty for putting DH in a lesser seat so only do it when we fly separately-hence my side trip to Dublin, lol. Then again, he can sleep anywhere so I shouldn't feel THAT guilty!

Usually DVC benefits are pretty cut and dried, so even though I've never had this situation, I'd say you probably wouldn't get in at 2pm.

If y'all aren't tired of my ramblings about my trips, a PSA and brief review of EI (aer lingus) business class.

PSA- if you take a cab, make sure your purse isn't a tiny black purse which blends into the cab seat...or put it cross body over you when you're riding. I wish I had the footage of me at the Dublin airport, counting my bags and realizing my purse was still in the cab as it drove away. I chased it down, threw open the door, grabbed it and ran back to my suitcases on the curb. One elderly Irish man who witnessed it said "you got lucky, lass." Understatement of the YEAR. I'd like to think overtipping the cab driver helped my karma. My heart rate was elevated from that near miss for hours...passport, wallet and phone were all in my purse (all it can hold) so what I would have done had I not caught the cab was food for thought.

My thoughts on EI J class. It was fine and since I only spent 37,500 MRs definitely worth THAT price. However, they changed the flight from a 1-2-1 to a very old 2-2-2 and my seat by the window could have been a disaster since I use the toilet a lot (tiny bladder) and if my seat mate would not have appreciated my hopping over him/her had they had their seat fully extended. But, I was blessed and the only person in business class without a seatmate. Whoo hoo!

Also, the amenity kit was very similar to the ones found on DL's comfort + (vice business). The socks were thin, gray and sort of pilled...so I wasn't sure they were new, exactly. I've never been to prison or the work house, but I could easily imagine Oscar Wilde wearing these when he was incarcerated. So yes, other than the tootbrush/paste, I didn't use anything in the kit and left it on the plane-the first time I've done that, ever. The food was okay, although the FAs were quite stingy about the diet coke and the midflight snack basket was generous but I received side eyes for availing myself of such..didn't keep me from eating two kitkats though. The dessert hadn't sounded good and I needed my chocolate fix! The IFE was very very limited...I watched an old, heartbreaking movie "Me, Earl and the Dying Girl" which I believe came out when DD (now in college) was a HS freshman. Needing a life after that, I watched 5 episodes of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, thanking my DIS friends for the recommendation.

TL;DR- EI was fine for the price and got me from point A to B. DL is still my go to with United second for TATL.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used these for mosquitoes? I’m thinking about wearing them on my ankles for our cruise excursions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VG8V47R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_saZPDbFRE8AQZ

I've never tried them, but I heard they don't work. I will say, I have an essential oils recipe for a bug spray that is AMAZING! I'm a buffet to mosquitos. I can easily get hundreds of bites in a few minutes. The spray I have keeps them from landing and biting. I bring it to my 14yo's soccer games/tournaments and even the coach was shocked how well it worked, LOL. He's like normally I'd be covered in bites, but this stuff works! And I LOVE that I don't feel yucky/gross using it, so I don't need a shower, LOL.

ETA: Argh trying to fix... Fixed!

Does anyone here use a Cricut?

I am really interested in getting one to start making my own shirts and decals. It could even become a new side biz! I am trying to compare the Explore Air 2 vs the Maker. Anything I should know? Is the price difference worth it?

I do have that new JetBlue MSR to meet and Black Friday just happens to fall within the MSR period 🤣
I was curious what other responses you might get so I got caught up before answering. :D I have the original Explore with a Bluetooth adapter so I don't have to use the cord (that was what Air meant in the newer ones, just that Bluetooth was built in). It's great and I use it for papercraft, scrapbooking, shirts. I've done a couple vinyl projects like making decals for everyone's cups for our cruise this past summer. I highly recommend a heat press for shirts, it's a huge difference over an iron. I went with Cricut's original when I got a deal right after the 2nd version came out. I wouldn't necessarily be stuck on Cricut's, I think other brands may work too but Cricut was good for me currently because I am low on space.

I want a Maker really badly, but haven't pulled the trigger on paying for one. It can also do more fabrics, craft wood, craft leather, crepe paper... I would read up a bit on the other materials it can do. Are they features you would use? If you're looking mainly at vinyl/shirts, an Explore Air 2 may work just fine for you. For me, a Maker would have saved me time on my wedding crafts - especially my paper flower bouquets :) I could have cut ALL of the flower pieces with a Maker vs maybe 1/3 of them with my Explore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter