I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to wait to see Italotreno's schedule prior to pulling the trigger on our Rome to Venice train. They only have schedules 5 months out so should have some answers by next month. I did book the final leg of our trip, Venice to Milan, this morning for a slightly inflated but palatable price so almost done with our rail adventures.

I see 80k UR pending on DH's new CIP!!

In other updates, I spur-of-the-moment applied for the SW Performance Biz yesterday afternoon for the 80k offer. I never get instant approvals on Chase Biz cards, and the status line is still at 30 days. DH has the CP through 2020, so I wasn't going to do my own SW thing until a year from now, but I got wooed by the 80k. If approved, my plan will be to meet spend in early Jan. and pair with another card to get CP at the new 125k level (got that email this morning). We'll be able to use 2 CPs for 2020 and then I will still have it for 2021 and DH will be eligible for SW bonuses again in late 2021, so we can start toggling from there.

I am re-evaluating my Bonblah FNs now... we're staying at a Fairfield this weekend at home for my cousin's wedding. OOP is $305 and it hurts me to pay that much for 2 nights in my hometown. When I can go to my sketchy Quality Inn for $75 a night! On the other hand, the QI is really $175 for 2 nights after taxes and $95 or $125 for a FN cert... I guess it's always a backup. Or I could break down and use points since everything is Cat 2 or Cat 3 lol.

I am re-evaluating my Bonblah FNs now... we're staying at a Fairfield this weekend at home for my cousin's wedding. OOP is $305 and it hurts me to pay that much for 2 nights in my hometown. When I can go to my sketchy Quality Inn for $75 a night! On the other hand, the QI is really $175 for 2 nights after taxes and $95 or $125 for a FN cert... I guess it's always a backup. Or I could break down and use points since everything is Cat 2 or Cat 3 lol.

Would that be the prison quality inn? :rotfl2:

I applied for the SW performance Biz yesterday because the 80,000 points were too tempting, despite my better judgement. I logged into Chase this afternoon and see a new SW account already! :cool1:
I was originally planning to do a biz + personal card to earn CP, but with the higher points now, is there any reason not to just get both biz cards to reach the 125,000 points for CP? I could still reach 125,000 with the performance Biz and personal SUB and spend pretty easily, but the extra 20K SUB miles would be nice if I go for the other biz card. Is there any reason to not get the other biz card early next year?

Would that be the prison quality inn? :rotfl2:
Why yes, it would be. I think the last few times of finding drug paraphanelia under the arm chair, having the fire department show up to break into a room in the hotel, and running into what seemed to be a prostitute in the hallway, combined with letting DH stay at a different Fairfield in town, were the final nails in the coffin.

Here's to you, Quality Inn directly across from the State Pen...

I applied for the SW performance Biz yesterday because the 80,000 points were too tempting, despite my better judgement. I logged into Chase this afternoon and see a new SW account already! :cool1:
I was originally planning to do a biz + personal card to earn CP, but with the higher points now, is there any reason not to just get both biz cards to reach the 125,000 points for CP? I could still reach 125,000 with the performance Biz and personal SUB and spend pretty easily, but the extra 20K SUB miles would be nice if I go for the other biz card. Is there any reason to not get the other biz card early next year?
...Somebody hasn’t been reading my fireside chats 😢

EDIT: RELEVANT LINK

Why yes, it would be. I think the last few times of finding drug paraphanelia under the arm chair, having the fire department show up to break into a room in the hotel, and running into what seemed to be a prostitute in the hallway, combined with letting DH stay at a different Fairfield in town, were the final nails in the coffin.

Here's to you, Quality Inn directly across from the State Pen...

I see you have a sense of adventure.

A first for me: just cancelled my SW flight to OAK tomorrow for a visit to my Dad and a Cal football game because I'm hitching a ride on our corporate jet instead! I found out there were seats available on the jet shuttle run between our Boise and Pleasanton offices tomorrow afternoon. So nice to be able to get to the air field 15 minutes prior to departure and not have to go through security!! Plus the Friday night SW flight from BOI to OAK is late about 50% of the time, so this avoids that possibility and also landing in OAK at the tail end of rush hour.

I see you have a sense of adventure.
I'm a bit sad because all of the times we'd stayed, really it was not that bad. It was not fancy, but the area truly is not sketchy minus the prison. My parent's first house was 5 minutes one way, their new house was 10-15mins the other, and even my cousin's new place was only 5ish mins away. My grandma worked right down the street.

That's my plan right now.

Okay I didn’t know who it was either lol
Eh, you’re too young. 😜
That's okay, lots of people read my username as Am Alone :rotfl: I'm not lonely I promise! How could I be lonely when I have all of you CC thread friends? 😁
I did for months. Lol.
I’ve never actually been in a family dollar before. I’ll have to see if we have one around here. Walmart is just so close to us and easier. I won’t do dollar general. It’s sketchy as heck
The Family Dollar closest to us is a bit sketchy, as is the Dollar General. The DG in the next suburb is much better, plus has a register set up that doesn’t allow the cashier to see what card I’m swiping so they can’t ask questions.
Yesterday, before the news came out about the CP, I was trying to convince DH that we should get the 80,000 SW offer. I still want one!

I just got a CIP in August, so I am a bit nervous to try for another Biz so soon. Although, I could get a personal card next since I finally got under 5/24 this summer.

DH got his last CIP in May, so that is OK but he has 3 total Chase Biz cards now.

What do we think about DH getting another biz card from Chase? Is there a limit on how many he can have open? His credit limits are not crazy, since we lowered them a bit before applying for the last one. To get the CP, he would probably need to apply for another one before the end of the year but he is under 5/24 now, so he could always do a personal instead.

Thoughts?

Also, I got the 80,000 link from DoC. Seems like this is still good and better than a referral link, correct?

Thanks!
My DH has gotten the following this year
12/31/18 CIC
4/27/19 CIU
7/1/19 SW Performance Biz
9/16/19 SW Premier Biz

Stupid SW question. I assume the new no expiration is for all miles we currently have, not just future earned miles? If I wasn't already starting a $5k spend and $1k spend, I would try that 80k link for dh just to stock his account. I don't think there is anyway in heck I could meet two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts