I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this isn’t the right place for this I apologize. Looking for suggestions about recommended plan for cards to target and in what order. I’m in two player mode with me taking charge of any cards for my spouse.

P1 (me): I’ll start with the current Chase cards I have along with credit limits and when it looks like I applied. Have the following: Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (October 2012; CL $5,000), Chase Freedom (May 2015; CL $5,000), Chase Amazon Prime (June 2015, CL $1,500). Looks like I am currently at 3/24 and it looks like come January 2020 I will be at 2/24. Currently working on SUB on Ink Business Unlimited that was opened this month.

P2 (spouse): Here’s the current Chase cards open in her name and when they were applied for. Have the following: Chase Ink Business Cash (October 2015; CL $9,000), Chase Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (January 2015; CL $1,500), Chase Amazon Prime (August 2017; CL $500). Just got done lowering some credit limits here in anticipation of another application. Still need to lower that Ink Business Cash limit.

Probably looking at targeting Disneyland as early as the beginning of June. Was debating WDW because I like the water parks and thought my kids would too and the resorts seem much more affordable that Disneyland, but my spouse thinks with our kids at 6 and 4 currently WDW might not be the best idea. Probably looking to as much cover lodging and ticket costs as possible if redemptions are a good value. Thought about the SW pass, but we’ve never flown and wasn’t sure if that would be a great idea since at best I think we would use it once per year if we did earn it (and I can’t seem to find how much child tickets are on Southwest). I don’t mind longer range suggestions either that would take past the current trip.

Do you have your dates wrong or am I confused? It looks to me you are both 0/24 having not applied for any cards since October 2017 which would be 24 months ago.

Wait, now I see you are working on a SUB. I don't see that one listed.

It's rainy and cold (46), such a great day for a 5k that starts and ends with .1 mile through the woods! I just want my 2 medals 😁 Today is hauling gourds the companion to hauling eggs and you get a challenge medal for doing both in the same year.

Starbucks hot chocolate when I'm done is the only thing getting me through this.

I made my dvc tour appt while waiting. They'll pick me up at 1240 outside epcot. Should be interesting.

Any suggestions for saks to use the Amex plat credit? I wanted to get DD some uggs but they don’t a pair I like for her. Need to use the credit so I can close the card.
I'm trying to figure out what would work best for my credit, too. Either something that I buy all the time, something that would be useful for travel, or something that would work as a Christmas gift. I have to have all my shopping done early this year since we'll be in India for 2 weeks right before Christmas.
I’ve been looking this week too. Not sure what I’m looking at would be helpful or not. I have 2 $50 gc’s from previous plat credits plus the current one, so I’m working with$150. I was considering cashmere lined gloves for driving this winter, or a Tumi hanging toiletry bag.
Do you have physical GCs or e ones? The closest Saks to me is a good hour away.

For USO APs, it looks like they are offering $25 VB through the end of the year. It is one per AP and you need to show your AP when you are enter VB. I haven’t received the email about it but lots of people are posting on the FB page about it.

I am hoping it is warm enough at Thanksgiving or Christmas to try it out. Last Thanksgiving we saw crazy people going to Aquatica as I had my North Face jacket on at SeaWorld.

If this isn’t the right place for this I apologize. Looking for suggestions about recommended plan for cards to target and in what order. I’m in two player mode with me taking charge of any cards for my spouse.

P1 (me): I’ll start with the current Chase cards I have along with credit limits and when it looks like I applied. Have the following: Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (October 2012; CL $5,000), Chase Freedom (May 2015; CL $5,000), Chase Amazon Prime (June 2015, CL $1,500). Looks like I am currently at 3/24 and it looks like come January 2020 I will be at 2/24. Currently working on SUB on Ink Business Unlimited that was opened this month.

P2 (spouse): Here’s the current Chase cards open in her name and when they were applied for. Have the following: Chase Ink Business Cash (October 2015; CL $9,000), Chase Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (January 2015; CL $1,500), Chase Amazon Prime (August 2017; CL $500). Just got done lowering some credit limits here in anticipation of another application. Still need to lower that Ink Business Cash limit.

Probably looking at targeting Disneyland as early as the beginning of June. Was debating WDW because I like the water parks and thought my kids would too and the resorts seem much more affordable that Disneyland, but my spouse thinks with our kids at 6 and 4 currently WDW might not be the best idea. Probably looking to as much cover lodging and ticket costs as possible if redemptions are a good value. Thought about the SW pass, but we’ve never flown and wasn’t sure if that would be a great idea since at best I think we would use it once per year if we did earn it (and I can’t seem to find how much child tickets are on Southwest). I don’t mind longer range suggestions either that would take past the current trip.
We need all the cards, not just the Chase cards.
What airport would you be flying out of?
How many Chase UR do you have now?
SW prices for kids are the same for adults, same as it is for just about every airline I'm aware of.
Do you have any points in hotel or airline programs? Any real preference for either?
I'm bringing my two kids to WDW for the first time next month, my oldest will have just turned 7 and my youngest will turn 4 while we are there.

For USO APs, it looks like they are offering $25 VB through the end of the year. It is one per AP and you need to show your AP when you are enter VB. I haven’t received the email about it but lots of people are posting on the FB page about it.

I am hoping it is warm enough at Thanksgiving or Christmas to try it out. Last Thanksgiving we saw crazy people going to Aquatica as I had my North Face jacket on at SeaWorld.
can you pm me with the group name? on fb I mean

I'm trying to figure out what would work best for my credit, too. Either something that I buy all the time, something that would be useful for travel, or something that would work as a Christmas gift. I have to have all my shopping done early this year since we'll be in India for 2 weeks right before Christmas.

I have 2 physical cards. Last I checked the e gift cards don’t come in $50 denominations. I’m a good hour from our nearest Saks too.

Do you have your dates wrong or am I confused? It looks to me you are both 0/24 having not applied for any cards since October 2017 which would be 24 months ago.

I only listed current Chase cards held. P1 applied for a SYNCB card from Crutchfield on August 2018, an HSCB Cash Rewards card on December 2017, and a Bank of America Cash Rewards card on September 2018. All personal.

P2 applied for an HSCB Cash Rewards card on January 2018. This was also personal.

Credit cards always paid in full every month. Never flown so no normal airport to fly out of or frequent flier preference. Southwest does not service the airport in my city. Don’t really have a hotel rewards program preference. When I travel I weigh price vs amenities vs location. P2 has around 70,000 UR points from the Chase Business Unlimited SUB. Travel party consists of spouse, myself, two children aged 6 and 4. There might be 1 additional adult, but they may travel separately. Somewhere around $1,400 in just bills monthly (including mortgage) plus any personal spending.

Last edited:
you know...my only experience with nespresso was from our Maui Marriott stay..... it had these icky little pods that tasted like hot chocolate mixed with instant coffee... am I missing something here, does it actually make real coffee too? I ended up just buying starbucks every morning instead b/c I didn't like it (at home I do a pour over of local coffee daily)

They have really good options, included special stuff like Kona every now and then. The ones we buy are definitely better than whatever I get from Starbucks (and this is coming from an ex-fan).

I use the Saks credits (we have 4 of them per year) on face wash and stuff like that, since I need it, they sell the kind I buy, and I'd be getting it anyway. So not fun or anything, but it's practical and actually saves me money.

They have really good options, included special stuff like Kona every now and then. The ones we buy are definitely better than whatever I get from Starbucks (and this is coming from an ex-fan).
Dh bought the Cuba coffee they have right now last weekend, he hasn't tried it yet though.

I only listed current Chase cards held. P1 applied for a SYNCB card from Crutchfield on August 2018, an HSCB Cash Rewards card on December 2017, and a Bank of America Cash Rewards card on September 2018. All personal.

P2 applied for an HSCB Cash Rewards card on January 2018. This was also personal.

Credit cards always paid in full every month. Never flown so no normal airport to fly out of or frequent flier preference. Southwest does not service the airport in my city. Don’t really have a hotel rewards program preference. When I travel I weigh price vs amenities vs location. P2 has around 70,000 UR points from the Chase Business Unlimited SUB. Travel party consists of spouse, myself, two children aged 6 and 4. There might be 1 additional adult, but they may travel separately. Somewhere around $1,400 in just bills monthly (including mortgage) plus any personal spending.
Can you go to the first page and read @SouthFayetteFan first post that lists cards in chronological order? Include biz cards. It’s a really good and logical way to keep track and recommend cards. I actually keep my lists in notes on my phone and reference it quite frequently. Are you on Reddit?

Hey! We went to VB twice last Thanksgiving and we are not crazy! Just northerners. They were offering buy 1 day get 1 free with my AP last year. There was a higher limit, I think I bought 5.

I think the place to start is with either a Chase Ink Preferred or a Chase Sapphire card. Sapphire Reserve if you are going to travel on a consistent basis and a Preferred if it's going to be more hit and miss. Also based on your risk tolerance for a denial, Reserve requires a $10,000 CL which you don't have on any of the cards listed, sometimes that will concern Chase. With any of those cards you can then transfer the UR's you are getting from the Freedom cards to travel partners, or use them to book through the Chase travel portal at a 25-50% bonus.

If you want to start in the AMEX MR arena, a Blue Business Preferred would be my first choice. Simple earning structure and no AF.

Congratulations! What is her top school? Dd is still unsure, but it seems a few Canadian schools are at the top of her list, followed by BU, CW and GW.
My DD1 went to GWU. She also considered BU, trying to figure out the CW. I went to Case Western Reserve, is that it? Different vibe from the other 2, nerdier (at least when I went in the early 80's!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter