I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my roommates for my upcoming DIS Diva trip (end of February) to agree to let me put the room on my card (whatever I happen to have at the moment), so that'll help accumulate a few points (not that I seem to have a problem spending money... ugh). One night's room and tax will be charged at time of reservation and the other two nights when we actually make the trip. Just trying to decide what card I'll be trying to meet an MSR on by that time! Decisions, decisions...

What do you think the line at the bottom means? Will I be limited to 2500.00 in warehouse purchases? I would like to use the entire spend for DGC if BJ's comes out with their discounted GC offer. It seems that that could also be considered online purchase. What is the limit for DGC purchases when Target runs their 10% off on GC's special? I was thinking $1000.? Thanks
Unfortunately, Target GCs no longer work for buying DGCs.

You may be able to do better, with more work and time. But the way I see this, you're getting 100K URs which are at a minimum worth $1K, plus another 5% off, so to me that's 25% off with really minimal effort. Personally I'd go with it, but I am not willing to get a VGC, MCGC, or Happy GC and then go to another store and hope the cashier can figure out how to let me get a DGC. If you use those URs via a CSR, they would be worth even more. I think it's really what works for you. :)
If only I could use the URs via a CSR to book a Disney hotel. 😢

I got the email about this. How hard is it to get a ticket to one? Do you have to be booked on points or can you just have an onsite stay? I'll be there Jan 21 to take my dd down to the DCP. Would be fun to attend this! We were there in Aug when they had one going on but we never could get a reservation since we were so new to dvc.

We attended the Epcot MM in May. It was awesome and I would totally plan a trip around it. (Goofy in a kilt and Donald in hunting outfit....need I say more?!?) But then we just got back from WDW and we did the Typhoon Lagoon one last week and it was okay. It had admission to the park (we had never been), Fab 5 in pirate outfits, meal voucher (for food not that good).

This last year they changed the registration process and made it quite a bit easier especially if on site reservation which can be cash and does not need to be DVC. I went to Epcot and Typhoon Lagoon and got registered for the August AK one. Cancelled the trip and cancelled MM. :(

Heads up for those on fence of thinking about buying direct DVC there are rumored price increases happening shortly. Conflicting reports of how much. I called my guide and she confirmed that they "had a meeting tomorrow about it." She put me on the wait list for the small contracts I am thinking about.

What a great weekend! What did you think of Miguel Cervantes' backup? Looks like he is back tonight.? I would love to go again, I should seriously get working on that.

I never saw Miguel Cervantes so can't really compare them, but I thought he was fabulous! I've been singing the songs in my head for days. But it's closing in Jan, so you do have to get working on that... ;)

I used DH's CIC support link a few weeks ago to apply for the CIU for me. He just got this in his email:
You've earned $15,000 cash back.​
You'll see your bonus on your next monthly statement.​
You can still earn $60000 cash back this calendar year!
On Jan. 1, you are eligible to earn $75000 more​

:rotfl2: Woo-hoo, we're rich! $75000 here we come. :rotfl:

I am so done with Amex. I just don't want to give them any more business than I have too at this point. I really need to rethink our next steps with them.

Has anyone called for a retention bonus on the Amex Gold (personal)? What was the result?
You ever feel like the guy who did something “cool” a long time before it became cool?? I quit Amex over a year ago due to all of my issues with the way they were conducting business...seems I may have some more friends in that camp soon. Sorry you’re stuck here - the only advice I can give is that I don’t miss them one bit.

I am so done with Amex. I just don't want to give them any more business than I have too at this point. I really need to rethink our next steps with them.

Has anyone called for a retention bonus on the Amex Gold (personal)? What was the result?
You ever feel like the guy who did something “cool” a long time before it became cool?? I quit Amex over a year ago due to all of my issues with the way they were conducting business...seems I may have some more friends in that camp soon. Sorry you’re stuck here - the only advice I can give is that I don’t miss them one bit.
uh oh. I just barely started with them.... anything I should be aware of?

No, but I need to. That card has seen a lot of love this year. My AF is still $195 so I’ll definitely be keeping it.

Heads up for those on fence of thinking about buying direct DVC there are rumored price increases happening shortly. Conflicting reports of how much. I called my guide and she confirmed that they "had a meeting tomorrow about it." She put me on the wait list for the small contracts I am thinking about.

Didn't the price go up last month? Good grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter