I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds very nice! And glad that you have had good luck with weather in February. It was been over 10 years since we went that time of year. But with Orlando you never know what the weather is going to be like!
My sister's flight out of Chicago got cancelled today so I won't get to see her (she was only coming until Wednesday and they couldn't get her on another flight there until Tuesday night.) Bummer as it is hard to see siblings frequently when we are all scattered around the country.

Have you had success finding a Chase agent who doesn't make you pay as soon as you transfer the booking? I have been made to pay immediately upon transfer each time I have used UR's.

I have never, ever been asked to pay immediately upon transfer. They just let me know that once I apply my URs that I can't then apply URs again. I say that I plan to wait to apply URs until closer to the final date.

Here is the agent that I worked with for our cruise next spring. She was really nice and helpful.

Sales Agent: Sheila McGuire
Ext. 2580

Chase called me! I have a password layer of protection on my account and they called me to verify this was me applying. They did this with my last account, too. I did NOT call them. What's more, this was my next step as instructed by the group here. This was advice I got from members of this group, to do this in Nov.

Thanks for explaining. This (and things like credit freezes) complicates applying for a new card using a loophole because it adds a layer of human intervention, when the idea is to have no (or as few) human eyes on your account as possible. Did you mention that you have a password on your account? I don’t recall that. It was sound advice to apply in November, but I wonder if we could have tailored our advice better to your password situation. It still would’ve been a good idea to check in before an app to double check if anything’s changed, or if you should make any adjustments if there was no change.

Last edited:
I mentioned the identity verification call when I reported the approval of my first application. I quoted that post above. With that call they simply verified my information then approved. This time they went through more questions before approving me. It was triggered by the password protection, but I'm not so sure this wouldn't happen to dh too if he applied for another, even though he has no password protection. I read that they sometimes want more information for the biz cards.

I’ve applied and been approved for 6 Chase biz cards, and my wife also has 6 Chase biz cards under her belt. We do not have any pw protection or credit freezes (as an aside, we do have identity and credit monitoring). We’ve never been called to verify our identity or business; all our apps have gone pending to approval automatically. I’ve never had to call the bank to verify, recon, check the status of or move an app along with a human banker. But again, I make sure our card count, velocity, and credit limits look good before applying. It takes just a few minutes of prep work a few weeks before applying to avoid being denied for appearing too risky.

I got approved for 5k but not until I answered a LOT of questions about my business, income, and closed my Marriott Business to free up credit.

Sounds like your total Chase credit limits were too high if you needed to close a card. Recommendation is to keep it under 50% of income, but if income is high there may be a hard limit as well (possibly around 70-80k).

I have never, ever been asked to pay immediately upon transfer. They just let me know that once I apply my URs that I can't then apply URs again. I say that I plan to wait to apply URs until closer to the final date.

Here is the agent that I worked with for our cruise next spring. She was really nice and helpful.

Sales Agent: Sheila McGuire
Ext. 2580
I’m saving this. Thank you!

I need southwest timing advice. I got a biz card on October 15. My first statement closes on December 11. I have until January 15 to spend $5k to get the SUB. But I don't want it to post before January 1 to get a CP in 2020. Currently I have $3.5k on it. I have serious expenses coming up. What if I put another 1k on it and sock drawer it until January 1, at which point I finish my spend. Meanwhile, is it too early to apply for the personal southwest card and start my spending on that (also timing to hit spend on or about Jan 15)? I think I've been hitting chase too hard lately. It's making me nervous.

For those that purchased Disney+, any idea what we login with (and where/how)? We have a samsung smart TV, fire stick, Apple TV, and I think a Roku stick.
I think I was told you can’t use a fire stick for Disney plus. We’re going to use our Xbox

For those that purchased Disney+, any idea what we login with (and where/how)? We have a samsung smart TV, fire stick, Apple TV, and I think a Roku stick.

“On November 12, Disney will not only launch the Disney+ website, but also apps for Android and Apple devices (including Apple TV and Android TV), Chromecast, Kindle Fire devices, LG and Samsung smart TVs, Playstation 4, Roku and XBox One.”

https://www.newsweek.com/disney-plus-release-date-sign-download-app-price-1470950?amp=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter