I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thanks, I thought it was just for Verizon Wireless. I have Fios! I wasn't going to pay for Disney +. I feel like that would be a waste of all the moeny I spent collecting Blue Rays and DVD's, haha. If it is free though, I'll take it!
As far as I can tell it's an incentive for new FiOS customers only. I did a quick check on my FiOS account this morning and don't even see where I can add it even if I wanted to pay for it. They must have a special process for eligible accounts to add it during sign up for new service.

If you have a wireless unlimited plan or 5G home internet, there's a link to go through to add it to your account.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/disney-faqs/

OMG, Disney+ and a new approval for a Biz Gold for DH. I am in heaven!:cheer2:

AND on account of a GI bug (that has worked it's way to all of us now) DH stayed home from work with me today. It's basically a day date but instead of fun things replace it with bathroom things. We had so much fun telling the kids we were going to watch Disney+ all day while they were at school.

P.S. I booked spring break Hawaii on a whim when I saw some award space-- transferred 104KUR to BA to book direct flights from PDX to Maui. Cash price for those 4 tickets were $3500!

As far as I can tell it's an incentive for new FiOS customers only. I did a quick check on my FiOS account this morning and don't even see where I can add it even if I wanted to pay for it. They must have a special process for eligible accounts to add it during sign up for new service.

If you have a wireless unlimited plan or 5G home internet, there's a link to go through to add it to your account.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/disney-faqs/
Yeah, my DS just checked and new customers only. Oh well.

I had to call to transfer a few months ago
Just confirming what @palhockeymomof2 said - he will need to call and ask them to do the transfer. I wrote my P2 a little script with his marriott account info and my account number so he could call and do the transfer. I had him transfer the full 100k max for the year because I'm the one with status, so it makes sense to book under my account as much as possible. We do have a stay under his account (using his non-transferable points because of the 100k max), so I had him put me on the reservation as well, and I will have them switch the rewards number when I check in ahead of him (so we get plat benefits and so I get the elite nights for the stay).
Have to call. :(
Online transfer just too easy, hardly any opportunity to Bonvoy!! you that way :p

Thanks, everybody! Too bad calling isn’t more fun. 8-)

Can't be done online.

Bonvoy!

P2 needs to call (801) 468-4000 and have his and your Marriott account numbers ready. They'll probably ask him some questions to confirm his ID, ask how many points he wants to transfer (max 100k per calendar year), and to what account (yours). Done. There's no fee to do this.

Whoops, missed this one in my multi quote. Thanks Lain!

I know there was discussion about ordering GCs from Sams (or was that on the GC thread??) Weren't some of you having issues using GCs to do this? I haven't ordered one in quite a while and now I'm having a problem trying to enter the breakdown I want to use on each card. Didn't someone post here how they got it to work?

UGH! So today is my mom and stepdad's 30 day FP booking date and MDE is a total mess. Keeps crashing and I cannot get anything booked. I don't know whether to blame it on Disney+ or not!! We cannot get logged into our Disney+ either. My dh tried so many times that he got our account locked. He's been on hold for like 45 mins waiting for tech support. Not happy right now :(

Oh thanks, I thought it was just for Verizon Wireless. I have Fios! I wasn't going to pay for Disney +. I feel like that would be a waste of all the moeny I spent collecting Blue Rays and DVD's, haha. If it is free though, I'll take it!

I had quite a Blu-ray and DVD collection too, but I sold almost all of it to a used video/music store (Amoeba) a few years ago, where the guy told me a lot of people had been coming in to ditch physical and go digital/cloud even then. I pocketed a few hundred bucks and freed up a lot of space. With Disney+ and basically Disney’s entire catalog out of the vault, I’m crying a little inside for all the money I spent on the iTunes digital versions of these movies.

Didn’t realize how deep into this “hobby” I was until I tried to explain it to my parents this week. I found it very difficult to give a simple, bare bones “how to” description just because of the sheer volume of information and the complexity of it all. I wasn’t sure what to suggest they try to get started. Maybe you all have a suggestion. I don’t think they’d go for any business cards, and I don’t think they want an AF, though I might be able to talk them into a small one for a very special profitable card. I was thinking about suggesting CF and learning to max out the UR’s earnable each quarter as much as would be possible for them. Or maybe they’d consider one of the travel eraser type cards with ~$95 AF like the Venture. They don’t have any new cards the last two years. Any thoughts/ideas?

ETA They almost exclusively use a debit card now, but to my knowledge haven’t had any major cc’s ever other than a few store cards, one Discover card, and a CU Visa (all of these eons ago).

Didn’t realize how deep into this “hobby” I was until I tried to explain it to my parents this week. I found it very difficult to give a simple, bare bones “how to” description just because of the sheer volume of information and the complexity of it all. I wasn’t sure what to suggest they try to get started. Maybe you all have a suggestion. I don’t think they’d go for any business cards, and I don’t think they want an AF, though I might be able to talk them into a small one for a very special profitable card. I was thinking about suggesting CF and learning to max out the UR’s earnable each quarter as much as would be possible for them. Or maybe they’d consider one of the travel eraser type cards with ~$95 AF like the Venture. They don’t have any new cards the last two years. Any thoughts/ideas?

ETA They almost exclusively use a debit card now, but to my knowledge haven’t had any major cc’s ever other than a few store cards, one Discover card, and a CU Visa (all of these eons ago).
Maybe something simple like a CFU for the 1.5 back on all purchases....

Chase banking offer - Targeted offer for checking + savings accounts $900

The best offer has been $300 for checking + $200 for savings with 15k balance + $100 for doing both for a total of $600.
This appears to be the same offer but they'll give you $400 for doing both to total $900 :eek:

I, of course, am not targeted. When I do get targeted offers, it's for less than public offers out there. :confused3 I've got my fingers crossed for y'all though. I hope someone manages to get a code for this.

DP on PF Chang Amex offer... Buy $100 GF, get $20 bonus. DH and I both had it on our Delta Gold Biz, split the payment $50 on each card. Total: $120 for $80. Already got the email from Amex saying the offer was used.
obviously days behind but did you do this online or in store?
thankyou

Is anyone else a little gun shy with Amex right now? I've been working on accumulating MRs, but with the recent shutdown DPs, I'm a little afraid to open a new account. I was able to pull up the 45k Green in incognito mode, but am just a bit hesitant. Incidentally, this would put me at 5/24 and out of the Chase picture for quite a while, but I've been thinking of moving on to some other issuers anyways. But that adds to my hesitation too I guess...

ETA: I haven't done any self-referrals or any other Amex no-no's that I'm aware of, other than opening 4 of their charge cards this year.

Interesting Best buy deal posted on DOC.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/15-cashback-at-best-buy-online-with-retailmenot-max-70-cashback/I have the Amex promo to use and $10 Best Buy credit. I went ahead and ordered some Air Pod pros! Hope it credits like it says.

I did that on Sunday. Had to buy something else to get me over $300 with Best Buy, but got the "You've used your offer" Amex email, and an email from RMN that I got 15% back on my purchase (no cash back on taxes). I'm looking forward to trying the new AirPod Pros, and will probably hand down my current AirPods to DD.

For those of you who have been to Aruba - are the outlets the same or do I need to get some sort of converter?

I did that on Sunday. Had to buy something else to get me over $300 with Best Buy, but got the "You've used your offer" Amex email, and an email from RMN that I got 15% back on my purchase (no cash back on taxes). I'm looking forward to trying the new AirPod Pros, and will probably hand down my current AirPods to DD.
I already got the BB email, waiting on the RMN one! Reviews on the new Airpods are great. I went ahead and got the Apple care too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!