I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH has a Chase offer on his SW Business card at Walgreen 15% up to $6.00, but it says offer not valid on prepaid cards. Do you all think I can buy Amazon or Target gift cards? Same with CVS offer, can we buy GCs?

I've gotten the Walgreen offer and plan to buy gc's. Just like I did with the Rite aid offers esp that Rite aid has when you buy DGC's you get Rite aid "cash". Andthey have credited.

According to my tracker on the Amex website, I am $3.42 away from my free night on my Hilton biz. So, I treated myself to lunch and it's time to start planning my weekend nights! I will have this weekend night, plus another weekend night that I earned as part of the SUB on this Hilton Biz. I'm planning to use them for a 2 night stay in Seattle this June. It looks like there are a number of possibilities open for our dates. Any recommendations? It's going to be just me and DH on the trip, and we'll be celebrating DH's 40th birthday.

We also have our Frozen 2 tickets. DD5 is turning 6 on Saturday, so we have a whole big thing planned. I got a babysitter for DD3, and DH and I will both take then-DD6 to see it on her birthday. She's so excited!

I have the Hilton biz as well so wondering for the free night do you have to meet that spend every year for it? Other words once per year spend for a free night.

I think this is a new one. I also had the generic gas stations one from a few months ago, but I think I used that one up. This one was more specific. Ouch on the $32, though. I have a big tank and my car takes premium which is now over $4/gallon here, so that's one problem I don't have. Luckily I don't drive much these days.

I've gotten and used this offer once and have been credited. But it's still in my added to offers so does this mean I can use it again.

You get out of bed? What do you think a smartphone is for?!
Millennials... oh wait... @SouthFayetteFan is one too! :confused3
You can’t just make a CC payment without updating the corresponding spreadsheets. Then THAT would’ve kept me up! And connecting a bank account laying in bed wasn’t part of the plan. But neither was being up at 4:30 with a sick kid...

Just wanted to give you all a quick update.

As some of you know, on Oct 30 I was diagnosed with a rare stage 2 liver cancer. Surgery was recommended as well as meeting with the transplant team about a possible transplant if surgery failed. I have had every test possible in the last few weeks.
However, when my case was present to the tumor board at the major hospital the pathologist didn’t agree with the findings of the biopsy. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and finally heard back after they redid the pathology.
pathology came back as not cancer. I still have a benign tumor that I will need to have a procedure to stop blood flow to stop growth but no surgery and no transplant.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. I will be closely monitored and still need to have the procedure but my surgeon said to enjoy the holidays and we will worry about all that in a few weeks.

He also said go to Disney! Enjoy your trip!

You can’t just make a CC payment without updating the corresponding spreadsheets. Then THAT would’ve kept me up! And connecting a bank account laying in bed wasn’t part of the plan. But neither was being up at 4:30 with a sick kid...
Hope your DD feels better! This is definitely an early start for you. You'll need an afternoon nap in your basement recliner.

As some of you know, on Oct 30 I was diagnosed with a rare stage 2 liver cancer. Surgery was recommended as well as meeting with the transplant team about a possible transplant if surgery failed. I have had every test possible in the last few weeks.
However, when my case was present to the tumor board at the major hospital the pathologist didn’t agree with the findings of the biopsy. I’ve been waiting on pins and needles and finally heard back after they redid the pathology.
pathology came back as not cancer. I still have a benign tumor that I will need to have a procedure to stop blood flow to stop growth but no surgery and no transplant.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. I will be closely monitored and still need to have the procedure but my surgeon said to enjoy the holidays and we will worry about all that in a few weeks.

That is fantastic news! So glad the pathologist spoke up.

Yes, enjoy Disney!

Great news...Enjoy your trip !!!

Wonderful news. What an extra special trip to Disney that will be!!

AMAZING and congrats!

Congrats! That’s great news! You definitely deserve a fun trip to Disney.

I really hate to spend money on this stuff. I'm using a 4 year old iPhone 7 right now. I feel better spending on stuff that lasts, and all this tech stuff is outdated in about a year. DH doesn't have to pay for his Apple stuff (well, the big ticket items anyway) but we do have to pay for mine, so I keep them all as long as possible. Luckily I was doing real contracting work when I bought the one I have now, so at least I could write some of it off. I don't think my current "business" qualifies for that LOL. My last laptop died and nobody could ever revive the poor thing (DH was bummed he couldn't use that one as our iTunes server). Enable away since I'm pretty good about not spending on this stuff. I don't think there is any way to add to my storage other than using an external thingy (yes, this is my level of tech) and that defeats the whole idea of a laptop... The photo files, and especially the iMovie files from our last trip are really the issue, but I'm not willing to give up having easy access to all the photos since I use them all the time.

If it makes you feel any better your 7 is only 3 years old. lol So you can get another year out of it and still have a 4 year old phone. lol I bought my 6 4 years ago when the 6s came out. The 7 came out in 2016.

The photo files, and especially the iMovie files from our last trip are really the issue, but I'm not willing to give up having easy access to all the photos since I use them all the time.

Since everyone is so Mac smart here, I have an old ancient IMAC, maybe 2002ish? Anyway, it hasn't been used in forever but ALL of my pictures are on there. I can't figure out how to get them off. I went through about 3 years ago and thought I put them all on an external drive. But when I went to look at the pictures a year later there was nothing there. I think it was because I tried to move them in Iphoto form and that didn't work. Anyone know how I can get them? I couldn't even save them to my Shutterfly account because the operating system is so outdated nothing will work. I hope I can still get them. They are all my kids baby pics. Wahhhh I should have been better about backing them up somewhere. Tagging @PolyRob and @CODisFan for help.

Last edited:

YAY!!!!!! That is great news!! I am so happy for you! :woohoo::jumping3::cheer2:

That's fantastic news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!