I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is doing amazon shopping Top Cash Back (and possibly other portals, haven't checked) has 10% back on amazon devices like Echo. I always forget to check portals when shopping on amazon as usually only clothing, jewelry and a few other items are offered. Just happened to see this while showing SIL how to use portals.
Anyone looking to use Dell Credit, Dell seems to be matching the device prices. No package deals like get a smart plug for $5 but their echo prices matched Amazon’s. (TBC is 11% back at Dell, potential to stack with 10% off Amex offer at Dell as well).

Is there supposed be a Target gift card deal this year? (Like last year when they sold target gift cards for 10% off?)

We are going to Universal and Disney in February. We’ll likely only go to Disney for 2-3 days. Just curious what the best option (cost-wise) is for purchasing tickets? Has anyone purchased tickets yet for 2020? We tried to buy the mid-day tickets, but they don’t have a rate out yet for Presidents week.

The BJs gift card deal just keeps getting worse for me. First, they were billed and sent separately so no Chase credit. Then today, when my sister checked her mail, mine were not there even though they say delivered. The most annoying part is that hers, that she ordered the day after me for the 6% off, shipped together and showed up just fine!! They were all delivered on the same day!
I guess I need to file a claim with USPS, then BJs? Anyone had any luck getting a resolution to something like this?

Trying to keep myself busy---dd's flight to Indy was diverted to Nashville because a de-icer isn't working. No idea when/how she'll get to Indy.

Oh dear--the one time I've been on a flight that got diverted it didn't go well. Delta said they could not get us from Huntsville--where we landed--to Memphis--where we were supposed to be--until two days later. Hopefully Nashville has more options.

The BJs gift card deal just keeps getting worse for me. First, they were billed and sent separately so no Chase credit. Then today, when my sister checked her mail, mine were not there even though they say delivered. The most annoying part is that hers, that she ordered the day after me for the 6% off, shipped together and showed up just fine!! They were all delivered on the same day!
I guess I need to file a claim with USPS, then BJs? Anyone had any luck getting a resolution to something like this?

I would check the mail tomorrow to be sure, Being Sunday I have noticed that deliveries are hit or miss because I think the drivers don't normally do the areas they are handed.

Funny credit card story. I was buying a shirt at JCPenney and the cashier asked if I wanted to apply for a JCPenney card. Easily said no thanks. I think she assumed that I was worried about not getting approved because she then said that even if the application was denied, I would get $10 off. She pushed this several times, saying "What do you have to lose? Even if you're denied, you get $10 off. Why not just apply?" I was super close to launching into an explanation of credit card rewards and how a store card is at the bottom of the ladder and how I would probably rather be denied than approved because an approval would take up a 5/24 slot with Chase, but I stuck to a simple, "I don't need any more cards" and finally she gave up.

Don't have an answer to your question, just wanted to say that I did the BJs deal on two different chase cards. On one it worked fine and I got the chase credit. On the other they billed and shipped them separate and no credit. Boo. I needed them anyway, so not a big deal but still annoying.

My son is driving from Ohio to Nashville tonight. Hoping for rain, nothing icy! Praying for everybody traveling in this mess, especially our college kids traveling on their own. :grouphug:
I hope he made it safely to Nashville!
Oh dear--the one time I've been on a flight that got diverted it didn't go well. Delta said they could not get us from Huntsville--where we landed--to Memphis--where we were supposed to be--until two days later. Hopefully Nashville has more options.
Oh my goodness! She didn't have nearly that bad of an experience! They had only about an hour on the ground at Nashville. Those who had had connections at IND deplaned for new connections. Once the part was fixed they were able to fly to IND. Unfortunately I could only rebook her 4:40 shuttle for the 8:40 because everything else was full :sad2:

She'll love it. I have the MYQ on my garage door opener and its awesome. Very handy when you need to let someone in the house and you don't want to leave a key out. Plus, you can always check to make sure the door did in fact close, when your second guessing yourself on the way to work.

We don't have very many home automation devices in our house but I love MyQ and our Nest thermostat.

You can also set alerts, such as open for more than 10m, opened after a set time ect. Those are nice with kids, well the first one now at least. :rotfl2:

Edit: The one thing a really dislike tho is they block all third party integration. They say its a security concern, how is that less than a lock on your front door that works with everything?! I want it to work with Smarthings so that when the door opens later it turns on the entry lights ect. Cannot be done, I have to get a motion sensor. Someone wrote a bridge that worked great until they went out of their way to block its access.

That garage door feature is something I have wanted for a long time. Maybe one of these days. We don't really want to mess with a new garage door opener now, way too much work.

We've had MyQ for a few years and love it. I can't tell you how many times we had to call a neighbor asking them to check our garage (spoiler alert, it was always closed!).

The app works good and we have it set up to alert when either door is open more than 10 minutes.

So glad to hear so many positive things about the opener, thank you! It seems easy to install and use. Bummer about the other integration. I noticed there are other brands out there, but sticking with Chamberlain seemed to be a smart move. Looks backordered now. Hopefully mine comes sooner than later! lol

Panera is buy $50 GC get $10 bonus to use in Jan. I'm eating a grain bowl right now bought with a GC to maximize value, LOL. (My kids like Panera, we eat here often).

I like Panera a lot. The bonus goes for 3 weeks, January 1 until January 21. You can buy up until Dec 31, 2019, so I'll probably end up with at least 1 card for Xmas. If I don't get one I'll probably buy it myself and use the promo when I go to Florida. There's a Panera on the way to the outlets and I usually get breakfast there when I leave Disney early.

Thanks. It is tonight. Hoping she can get there in time because the only other train is 9:15 pm, hate for her to wait that long. Dropped her off at our airport and she realized she left her coat at home. 🤦‍♀️ I don't think she can survive without her winter coat until Christmas break. Ughhh This is her first time flying back, either we have driven her or she has taken the train. The flying is not that convenient since she still has far to go after airport, but the times were better for today and I was able to get a good price with the SW change trick.
She’ll need a coat. Rain all day, turned to snow now. 🥶 Midwest weather.

No help but I feel your pain. I placed 3 orders, all shipped separately so no Chase credit. Two arrived USPS, one came by UPS. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter