I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OOS :((

For those that recommended that I try for the Hilton free night certificate by paying our property taxes on my business card, it worked! I got the e-mail over the weekend! Now I have to decide where to use my 2 free weekend night certificates next year! I can see this becoming a regular thing! Yay!

Flight yesterday was a nightmare. Switched from AC to West Jet (lovely airline btw). Plane was late arriving at the gate, then we had to de-ice, which took what felt like forever. I think we ended taking off for our 4:50 flight around 6:30. We landed at FLL at 9:10, but didn't get off the plane until 10:15 (first there was no gate for us, waited forever, got to gate, bridge was broken so they had to send maintenance to fix). Finally got home around 11:00pm to a house with no groceries (as an aside I signed up forever ago for WF delivery but still haven't gotten an e-mail that my name has come up on the list). Had to run around this morning after the gym: pick up Beats Solo 3 Wireless headsets for nephew from Target, then to BB for Sonos sound bar (which they couldn't find, but they decided to give me someone else's) and grocery store. Finally back at my desk to work!

ok..... CSR TC..... I'd love to use this to book a rental car,except rental is in DH's name (but it's thru costco so 2nd driver free,which would be me) any experiences with the rental place allowing me to put my name on as primary renter,so I can use my CSR for payment? I should have booked it in my name, but forgot at the time and now rates are higher...

Hi Apple experts (@PolyRob for one) - Any advice on buying a new iphone X without a new contract.
Buying for my father who has an iphone 5 that was my brother's old phone, he's on my brother's plan already and we'd like to get him a new X. Just not sure the most cost effective way to do it. Really don't even know where to start, but thought Cyber Monday might be a good day for it??
Thanks for any tips anyone might have.
I always buy my iPhones without a new contract. I like the freedom and owning outright because I always trade them back in early. The only issue is that there are rarely any deals. Most deals require a "qualified activation" which includes the monthly payment plan and agreeing to a 2-year contract.

A new X may also be a little harder to find nowadays. Are you interested in an X or an XR?

ok..... CSR TC..... I'd love to use this to book a rental car,except rental is in DH's name (but it's thru costco so 2nd driver free,which would be me) any experiences with the rental place allowing me to put my name on as primary renter,so I can use my CSR for payment? I should have booked it in my name, but forgot at the time and now rates are higher...
I think you can still pay with your CSR even if you aren't the primary driver.

Does anyone have any good idea for pink and blue snacks for a gender reveal?

We were going to do blue and pink ice cream, but it looks like finding blue ice cream might be more difficult than I originally thought. The only for sure things I have planned are blue and red Doritos, SIL is making a cake, and we wanted to do M&Ms. I was hoping to get things that are already colored because we won't have any time to make stuff around Christmas time. I thought cotton candy or popcorn might be good options.

There will be more deals! @CODisFan shared the Target deal on the regular iPad. I got a regular iPad last year and it is doing just fine! No new Airs at that time. The new Air just has the A12 chip vs the A10 chip.
What about this one:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1441861-REG/apple_mtxr2ll_a_11_ipad_pro_256gb.html
Is the price difference between the 11" and 12.9" worth it? I use my iPad mainly for watching shows and movies when I travel and for storing pics when I travel. The iPad that I have now is old (at least 4 or 5 years old, likely older), so anything with a better screen / bigger would be an improvement!

What about this one:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1441861-REG/apple_mtxr2ll_a_11_ipad_pro_256gb.html
Is the price difference between the 11" and 12.9" worth it? I use my iPad mainly for watching shows and movies when I travel and for storing pics when I travel. The iPad that I have now is old (at least 4 or 5 years old, likely older), so anything with a better screen / bigger would be an improvement!
For your use, I wouldn't go with the 12.9". I have the 11" and love it. It's great for travel, back and forth to work, etc. The 12.9" is unwieldy, IMO, especially if you don't need the large screen to see documents. At that point you might as well get a laptop :-) . The actual size of the 11" is pretty much the same as the other iPads, 9.7", 10.5", - just a larger screen size. The 11" is full screen with Face ID - no home button. Some people like that and others hate it🤪

I think you should be able to change the rental agreement to your name as the primary renter when you get to the car rental counter. I did this with Alamo (booked through Costco Travel, I was going to be 2nd driver) back in June. I wanted to put the car rental on my CSR, and they require the name on the card to match the name on the reservation, and there was no problem (and no change in price) just switching names on the rental agreement upon arrival at Alamo. I can't speak to other car rental companies though.

That was the same car rental where another driver damaged my rental car. I am happy to report that claim has now been closed out with no charges to me (it took 6 months). However, it was not due to using the CSR that my outcome was rosy. It's due to the ineptness of the company Alamo uses to process damage claims, the body shop they use never sent them a billing statement so my claim got closed out just from running out the clock. That's pretty lucky for the other driver who was at fault!

Last edited:
Just got a great deal on the Marc Davis book set on Amazon. Thought I'd share for any other Disney History fans.
I was looking to use the $5 off $20 book deal today and when I put that book set in my cart it took $15 dollars off! Then I went to DOC and got the $30 off $60 when you use MRs to work. I used 14 MRs and paid $37 (charged to my Plat using my 4x additional MR offer) Super excited since the original price of this set is $150!!

Does anyone have an app or site they use to track all of the packages being shipped?

I'm currently using Slice (by Rakuten) and it's fine but wondering if there are other options?

I always buy my iPhones without a new contract. I like the freedom and owning outright because I always trade them back in early. The only issue is that there are rarely any deals. Most deals require a "qualified activation" which includes the monthly payment plan and agreeing to a 2-year contract.

A new X may also be a little harder to find nowadays. Are you interested in an X or an XR?
Probably the X. Might have to look at the 11, if the X would be hard to find. Was just thinking the cost on the X would be less.
I want to pay outright for it rather than have it go on the bill in monthly installments.
In some ways it makes it easier knowing there are no good deals, I won’t worry as much that I missed out on a bargain.

What about this one:
For your use, I wouldn't go with the 12.9". I have the 11" and love it. It's great for travel, back and forth to work, etc. The 12.9" is unwieldy, IMO, especially if you don't need the large screen to see documents. At that point you might as well get a laptop :-) . The actual size of the 11" is pretty much the same as the other iPads, 9.7", 10.5", - just a larger screen size. The 11" is full screen with Face ID - no home button. Some people like that and others hate it🤪
Oh a Pro! The Pro is definitely the top of the line iPad and has all latest and greatest features and styling. It ditches the home button in favor of FaceID as well. It actually has the same processor as the new Air and Mini so speed should be similar. The Pro will offer a better viewing experience and has better speakers if you listen to it without headphones. The 12.9 does look very large and has some more heft to it compared to the 11 inch, but if you want the biggest, it has a beautiful display!

I think Best Buy actually has the best deal on the Pros right now. $150 off the 11-inch and $200 off the 12.9-inch. The model you shared would be $50 less at Best Buy right now and you can click through RMN for 5% back. Have an Amex offer for $30 off $300? You can also stack that.

Does Chase still allow you ... from a CIC to a CIU? I was able to generate a link using DH's CIC but I thought I'd check here first to make sure that's still a thing. Don't want to make Chase mad lol.
Yeah - I think that’s still a thing. You should be good to go. :D We’ve just been advising to avoid “self-support” now but it sounds like you’re doing cross-support...

Does anyone have an app or site they use to track all of the packages being shipped?

I'm currently using Slice (by Rakuten) and it's fine but wondering if there are other options?
I am shamed to admit I use each carrier's individual app. I am interested in the responses (and Slice!) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!