I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have a few teachers here @hsmamato2 (?) @LilSweetPeaPhoto. Teacher's gifts: what is appropriate? I usually give GCs (and am to dd's male teacher -- $50.00 Happy Dining GC and $45.00 Fandago {purchased as BBB with Chase offer}), but not sure about female teachers. I would like to give her cherished English teacher a Bkr water bottle or Cluse watch with a $50.00 or $100.00 AmEx GC. Is that too much? She's had this teacher for the past 2 years (AP English and post-AP English) and adores her and the teacher LOVES her. For her AP Calculus teacher I also want to get something special as she has really ignited a Calculus spark in dd and dd is thriving in her class (Cluse watch or just GC?). Then there is her AP Mandarin teacher who has taught her for the past 4 years but is very hard to read -- just $100.00 AmEx GC? Since it's dd's last year and her teachers are all excellent I want to get them all nice gifts. For the iLab 'teachers' (2 and both are male) I got each $25.00 Happy Dining GCs (Target buy $50.00 dining GCs and receive a $5.00 Target GC) and a nice Voluspa candy cane candle (both are married so the wives will like the candles). Thoughts?

I think we have a few teachers here @hsmamato2 (?) @LilSweetPeaPhoto. Teacher's gifts: what is appropriate? I usually give GCs (and am to dd's male teacher -- $50.00 Happy Dining GC and $45.00 Fandago {purchased as BBB with Chase offer}), but not sure about female teachers. I would like to give her cherished English teacher a Bkr water bottle or Cluse watch with a $50.00 or $100.00 AmEx GC. Is that too much? She's had this teacher for the past 2 years (AP English and post-AP English) and adores her and the teacher LOVES her. For her AP Calculus teacher I also want to get something special as she has really ignited a Calculus spark in dd and dd is thriving in her class (Cluse watch or just GC?). Then there is her AP Mandarin teacher who has taught her for the past 4 years but is very hard to read -- just $100.00 AmEx GC? Since it's dd's last year and her teachers are all excellent I want to get them all nice gifts. For the iLab 'teachers' (2 and both are male) I got each $25.00 Happy Dining GCs (Target buy $50.00 dining GCs and receive a $5.00 Target GC) and a nice Voluspa candy cane candle (both are married so the wives will like the candles). Thoughts?
I have never had any of DS’s teachers refuse a gift. I would think her HS teachers would be excited since it seems that teacher’s gifts become more sparse when you reach MS and then HS. I am not sure I would do a watch though since they may have an Apple Watch, Fitbit or something already. I have done Coach clutches for DS’s female teachers along with the gift card.

Good morning CC experts! We are getting new cell phones and carriers this week. The insurance for them is $15/month/phone. I believe that DH’s Chase Ink Business card offers cell phone insurance. My question is: has anyone had to use it before? Was it a pain? Also, could we both use the insurance for it?
FWIW, my husband has a very very very small business if you catch my drift.

Also, between the two of us we have the Chase Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Disney VISA, SW Plus and Premier, AA Citi, AA CIti Business, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Bonvoy Business. If any of those offer insurance or something better that I’m unaware of, I’d gladly utilize that.

Thank you in advance!

I added 4 Axe gift sets and changed my payment to PayPal. All the offers and discounts are showing for me. Not sure what’s going on for you 😕
Thanks. Are you seeing the 10% for soap offer? I have tried again and they still aren’t showing when I use my Target CC. Grrr...

Replying because DH and I are both teachers. I know this sounds cliche, but a heartfelt note explaining how DD feels about the teachers and how special they are really is truly appreciated. With that said, gift cards are so great! Everything else you get is an added bonus :)

I have no issues using IP to slow cook. I’m not as fond of pressure cooking I don’t tend to like the texture as much.

Have you ever used a pressure cooker? Not sure the attraction of an IP if you only use one function. (Not criticism). I got it so I could use multiple functions but honestly I don’t find it does any of them as well as the original appliance I already have. I mean I have 3 slow cookers, each a different size or function. They work fine, IP is ok too but not fabulous. The cheapo rice cooker I have does a better job than IP and takes up way less space. As for the pressure setting, I find the meat more dense than tender. I once cooked a corned beef in the Instant Pot on pressure. It shrank by 1/3 and was the most dense thing ever. I mean that made it great to slice but not so much to eat.
hmmm...not sure of the question...:scratchin an IP is a pressure cooker,I use it almost daily.... I like the saute function also which makes it very user friendly... soups, rice,roasts,chickens,bone broth...all the time. I was saying I like it much better thanmy slow cooker for that reason. with meats it can be a trick to release pressure at the right time to get them cooked right,It's taken me a while to learn that properly. I tend to use a little rice cooker also,since the IP is usually full of the food that goes with it...

Do we know if the PRG will be offering the $10 meal credit again next year? My card renews in January and I've been thinking about ditching it (which is stunning because it was always my ride or die, but now...)

those all sound amazing, I think you can't go wrong with gift cards for sure!

Yes, ordered an e-gc and it’s already been delivered!
Hubby says he wants to go shopping today. 😜 so change of plans for me. I won’t be able to use the gift cards today, but I think I will still use the 20% coupon because I don’t think I’ll get back there again before it expires. I’ll just order the gift cards online anyways and keep for future use.

Did you add the offer? I only pay with my redcard or target GCs but I don’t think target circle offers require you to pay with a redcard.
Oh jeez, now Target is getting too complicated for me :crazy2:. Do I need to add it to target circle in order to get the discount online? I will be using my IT card also.

Thanks. Are you seeing the 10% for soap offer? I have tried again and they still aren’t showing when I use my Target CC. Grrr...
I’m seeing this a 10% offer for axe gift sets. Must be a different 10% then.

Attachments

• D75E0556-26C3-40F9-99D1-D67A7F77344A.jpeg
    D75E0556-26C3-40F9-99D1-D67A7F77344A.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 7
Oh jeez, now Target is getting too complicated for me :crazy2:. Do I need to add it to target circle in order to get the discount online? I will be using my IT card also.
If you’re buying the target GCs, you don’t need to add the offer. They are just on sale.

For the Axe soap that @Alexle2007 is buying, there is an offer you have to add from target circle.

I’m seeing this a 10% offer for axe gift sets. Must be a different 10% then.
Gotcha. These are single bottles for $3.99. But in looking Target Circle, it seems to be similar to the cash back programs like EBates and TopCashBack where it’s not an automatic discount like cartwheel was but something that accrues a balance and you redeem.

Gotcha. These are single bottles for $3.99. But in looking Target Circle, it seems to be similar to the cash back programs like EBates and TopCashBack where it’s not an automatic discount like cartwheel was but something that accrues a balance and you redeem.
No Target circle offers in the app are discounts that come right off your purchase, instant discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!