I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Hilton, do I want to pool DH’s points with mine or do I just want to transfer them directly to my account?

We saw about 20-30 disney cruise line buses driving through our town today. We followed them because we were confused and apparently there was an event and they were bringing people back from the event. It was really funny to watch them drive through our little roundabout lol.

Attachments

• 455F630A-3979-4524-9D81-6E4F7D49C55E.jpeg
    455F630A-3979-4524-9D81-6E4F7D49C55E.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 19
  • E6D02BCD-FADC-44A2-8FA3-81150D8E9985.jpeg
    E6D02BCD-FADC-44A2-8FA3-81150D8E9985.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
We saw about 20-30 disney cruise line buses driving through our town today. We followed them because we were confused and apparently there was an event and they were bringing people back from the event. It was really funny to watch them drive through our little roundabout lol.
Oh yeah - I saw that story on the news about the buses fleeing from a car with a couple of suspicious looking nefarious individuals stalking them. 😛 🤣 😂

Awe. I’d be fangirling. Lol. But go say hi!! She is super nice. She would love it. Or better yet go up to DH and say excuse me, are you plane princess? 🤣🤣

I should have but it was super crowded in there (because it was raining) and they were headed out, and I was losing my voice due to my cold... Ugh. Missed opportunities.
Oh no!! You must go say hi!!!! Wish them a happy anniversary 🥰

I know! I should have!
Yeah that first pregnancy is easy to recover from... it’s the 2nd one that wrecks your body...
:duck:

I kid ladies!!!! 😘
I resemble this remark.
What???!!!! Oh wow! I wish you would have said Hi :wave: I think it’s fun to meet online friends in real life.

I honestly didn't know what to call you! Like, "hey, Calypso 726, how are you?"

I actually saw your husband first and I ALMOST said "OMG It's Plane Princess!" Buuuuuut I thought better of it and I looked for you and you were walking out as I was getting in line to pay for the bottle of water in my hand. Honestly if I had run after you I probably would have run out with the water and been evicted for shoplifting!

Has anyone been to Death Valley National Park in the summer? Would you do it again??

We went this July. We did a Roadtrip from San Francisco to Yosemite to Death Valley to Vegas to Big Sur and back to San Francisco.

It was hot as hades but it was actually really fun. Of course we didn't get out of the car much or do any hikes but if you just want to drive through and experience it you'll be fine. We had a rental SUV.

I think we maxed out at 135 degrees F. If you go stop at Stove Pipe Wells. The bar/restaurant there has great burgers and it's a fun dive type atmosphere (totally family friendly). And ice cream on a 135 degree day is the best :)

5E967A83-E543-4C6D-A678-2F88E2569AA9.jpeg7DDC2ADF-A89F-4A6C-8647-0FC21102B018.jpeg8A29683D-7E80-49D3-9D5B-FE99BA4C4540.jpeg45702177-5C3A-414F-BE32-5FDC215674AB.jpeg545BCB4B-30BD-4412-AED0-192273A479E0.jpeg

We went this July. We did a Roadtrip from San Francisco to Yosemite to Death Valley to Vegas to Big Sur and back to San Francisco.

It was hot as hades but it was actually really fun. Of course we didn't get out of the car much or do any hikes but if you just want to drive through and experience it you'll be fine. We had a rental SUV.

I think we maxed out at 135 degrees F. If you go stop at Stove Pipe Wells. The bar/restaurant there has great burgers and it's a fun dive type atmosphere (totally family friendly). And ice cream on a 135 degree day is the best :)

View attachment 457633View attachment 457634View attachment 457635View attachment 457636View attachment 457637
Awesome pics!!! Thank you. 135 degrees is quite toasty. We may save it for spring break!!

Has anyone been to Death Valley National Park in the summer? Would you do it again??

I have not been during summer, only during winter. I would not personally recommend going during the summer as your options for activities are very limited. You generally must stay in your car, on paved roads only, and travel with caution. We’re the type that likes to get out and do things, so that would be hard for us. However, if you’re pairing it with trips to nearby Sequoia and/or Yosemite, it’s totally fine to drive through, I just wouldn’t make it a main destination in the summer.

ETA: just saw your post about potentially doing it for spring break, and that’s a great idea! With our wet winters lately, we’ve been getting “super blooms” here in CA and death valley’s wildflowers have been gorgeous. Good luck planning!

View attachment 457633View attachment 457634View attachment 457635View attachment 457636View attachment 457637
Awesome pics!!! Thank you. 135 degrees is quite toasty. We may save it for spring break!!
That is my spring break plans! Vegas to Joshua Tree to Death Valley to Valley of Fire. Spring break seemed a lot better for me. I am not a fan of hot.

I don’t spend that $ on teachers. I’m not sure that’s the norm here. DS’s teacher is getting a spice gift box from Penzey’s Spices and a $10 Target GC. I avoid giving food/homemade gifts because of allergies, intolerances, etc and the fact I know people that throw homemade food straight in the trash since they don’t know how it’s made. (I mean I know I washed my hands a million times and work in food service but the recipient doesn’t know my cat didn’t walk across the treats as they sat on the counter. I’m sure Mrs SFF is very sanitary but some people aren’t .). FWIW our school doesn’t allow any homemade treats at all anymore (PTA provides snacks for any school parties) which isn’t the same as gifts, I know.
I don’t eat anything that folks bring in to the office. It goes back 20 years ago when some one brought in a cake and it had a giant cat hair ball in the middle. Now I can’t eat if I know that the person has pets. The other thing is a woman On my team thinks she is a good cook but it never tastes good. Just easier not to eat anything than chance it.

I honestly didn't know what to call you! Like, "hey, Calypso 726, how are you?"

I actually saw your husband first and I ALMOST said "OMG It's Plane Princess!" Buuuuuut I thought better of it and I looked for you and you were walking out as I was getting in line to pay for the bottle of water in my hand. Honestly if I had run after you I probably would have run out with the water and been evicted for shoplifting!

Normally, Terrie works but I actually do answer to “Hey Calypso!” I get spotted by fellow Disboard members in real life several times a year that have read my ABD trip reports. It’s happened in Scotland twice, Japan, Castaway Cay, numerous cruises, all 4 parks in WDW and once at DLR.

PlanePrincess would have gotten a kick out of someone saying, hey it’s PlanePrincess. LOL Sorry we didn’t get to say Hi in person but glad you weren’t evicted from GC. 😂

I spent enough on my HHB to get the free night award. The charge that should have put me over the top was made on Black Friday and posted Dec 3, but it shows I still have over $300 left to spend. I know it takes a long time to get the free night email, but shouldn’t it at least show up on the website tracker by now? Seems like the tracker usually updates pretty quickly after a charge posts.
The tracker has been a little slow lately. My charge was posted Dec 2 and the tracker updated today, so I bet it yours will update tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter