I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chick Fil A 12 count nuggets no sauce needed, and a large peppermint chocolate chip shake no whip/no cherry.

The perfect lunch that I had yesterday. ::yes::
No sauce needed..... I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! 🤣
I’m only slightly embarrassed to admit I ordered the 30 count nuggets tonight lol. I didn’t eat all of them but it was pretty close. I didn’t get fries though if that makes anything better. I also don’t eat mine with sauce

I love credit cards so much! THREAD REFRESH ANNOUNCEMENT...
I am planning to once again refresh this thread for 2020. At the end of last year we had a lot of discussions about whether a new thread made sense or not. Our original thread served us well for 30 months and generated 3,561 pages of comments. In this year alone we have almost matched that volume of comments. The nice part about a new thread is that as new people find us they don't trip into bad outdated information. We all know that the game can change rapidly.

With this thread refresh I would renew all the stickies on page 1 and update anything that needs to be updated. Otherwise our format and such would remain the same. The title would remain the same except we'd say "v3.0".

If anybody is OPPOSED to this idea please speak up now and state your reasons why (you're also welcome to vocalize support for doing this too, lol!) I will most likely complete this thread refresh as close to the new year as possible. Thanks everybody for a great 2019!!!

Last edited:

Chick-fil-A sauce. Lots of sauce...ALL.THE.SAUCE. It’s sweet nectar from heaven!
Polynesian sauce. The only good thing there lol, well okay, I do eat the waffle fries even though I probably shouldn't. I tried their grilled nuggets years ago when they first came out and hated them so I've not been back. I do miss the regular nuggets, but they don't fit my diet.

Also their donation record. They've changed that up recently, but it was enough to keep me away from C-f-a for quite some time. If I want chicken, I like Raising Cane's.
That and a gluten free diet keep me away.

Polynesian sauce. The only good thing there lol, well okay, I do eat the waffle fries even though I probably shouldn't. I tried their grilled nuggets years ago when they first came out and hated them so I've not been back. I do miss the regular nuggets, but they don't fit my diet.

Dh loves their Polynesian sauce

Dh loves their Polynesian sauce
source.gif

Went to Target to use the 20% off coupon, but coupon wouldn't scan for some reason. Their solution was to manually do $5 discounts until it got to about 20%. But they rounded up in our favor and did it on the post-tax amount. 😁
You didn’t happen to try and stack it with another Target coupon? We went on Sat also and I thought great I’ll use the $20 off on $100 and the 20% Off. I gave her the $20 off, great. Gave her the 20% off, it won’t work. sadly, you can’t stack them. She took the $20 off so I could save the $100+ instead.

My chicfila order is a 2 piece strips kids meal with lemonade and Polynesian sauce. You guys are piggies. 🤣🤣🤣 DS is a weirdo and hates chicken so rarely go there. Well, we rarely eat fast food unless we are traveling. Their high school is over 5 miles from our house and we pass not 1 restaurant on way home. Middle school was 5 miles in a different direction and also pass no restaurants. So going to fast food not very convenient here.

My chicfila order is a 2 piece strips kids meal with lemonade and Polynesian sauce. You guys are piggies. 🤣🤣🤣 DS is a weirdo and hates chicken so rarely go there. Well, we rarely eat fast food unless we are traveling. Their high school is over 5 miles from our house and we pass not 1 restaurant on way home. Middle school was 5 miles in a different direction and also pass no restaurants. So going to fast food not very convenient here.
My DS has only eaten chicken once! When he was 2 and grabbed a chicken leg at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Other than that, he does not partake.

You’re keeping SouthFayetteFan hours :)

It's the grandchildren. They both climbed out of their bed and into mine so as soon as they went back to sleep, I got up and came out to read. Then went back to sleep in the guest room. Not so bad, both have the exact same mattress from Costco, plus I can sleep almost anywhere so long as there aren't 3 people in the bed.

I’ll have to try Raising Canes. The only one I have seen around here is near work (12 miles from home) and I don’t have time after work (plus I get free food at work.).

ETA Apparently there is one only 7 miles from my house. There are more around than I realized but they make kind of a circle around my house, northwest, Southwest, south, and southeast.

Free food is the best food of all! :upsidedow

They've definitely been expanding recently. When you get right down to it, it's fried chicken, and might not be worth a 7-mile drive, but I think they do an excellent job with their batter and lack of grease. The Cane's sauce is also great if you are a sauce person. Also:

Ditto!!! I loved it as a child but will not eat there now. Raising Canes though... yummy! Are there just last Saturday when DH was released from the hospital. Just happened to be released at lunch time and it just happened to be across the street. Convenient, no?? 😜 I always get double toast instead of fries. I could live on that toast.

Yes! I love their toast! It is like everything Texas toast is supposed to be!

I apologize on behalf of my toast praise above. :sad1: My daughter has a friend who is gluten free, and it makes going out with friends for dinner really hard on her, poor dear.

I have to eat gluten free too, and when I read the Raising Cane menu...nope, not happening. I can handle chick fil a although the grilled nuggets are all I can order (waffle fries too if they have a dedicated frier), but not too crazy about the grilled nuggets, even with the (fantastic and yummy! :jester: ) sauce. Out of the newish fast food/casual places out now I really like Bibibop. At first the concept sounded gross to me but once I tried it I really liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter