I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t remember. Do you have BBP? I always prepay as much as I want to float since it’s just a $1.50 to pay by CC. Now that BGE switched to a new payment processor, the $600 cap was removed as well. I prepaid $700 two months ago.

Parents have BGE for electric and WGL for gas. Depending on where you are in MD, it seems BGE can service both electric and gas or sometimes just electric, oddly.
Thanks! I do have a BBP. Since our electric is typically between $70-120 that would be awesome to basically pay it all upfront. Another item to add to my to do list for when we get home.

Thanks! I do have a BBP. Since our electric is typically between $70-120 that would be awesome to basically pay it all upfront. Another item to add to my to do list for when we get home.
I like to do $600 just in case I want the spend for another option. If I don't have my bill before the end of tomorrow (online in my Pepco account), I'm just going to bill pay as I'll probably only owe less than $50. Plus it won't be due until end of January so I can hold off just in case I get an incentive to meet.

Most the time they go down to $25~$30 for five/six months. You will generally get an offer around $120 for 12mo that you'll have to decline and then they will offer something like $60 for six months and finally they will always happen to find a good offer. I have done this every five/six months depending on the offer for the past five years and have only been shot down once, so I just proceeded with canceling and they sent me a really good 1yr offer a month later. I must now have a note on my account because last time I called I just said I need to cancel because its going to renew at a high price I don't want to pay and if you do the previous offer I will continue service and the rep just responded with okay I will get that processed!
Saving this for future reference...thanks.

They didn't want us to post if we didn't have any DP to add, but they won't let us just read either. Can you update daily on DisChurners how many shutdowns etc each day?
They’ve just made a decision that the community will be for trusted and active r/churning members only. I wouldn’t read anything more into it than that.

I’ll make sure any major information is shared. There isn’t really any count of daily shutdowns going on.

They’ve just made a decision that the community will be for trusted and active r/churning members only. I wouldn’t read anything more into it than that.

I’ll make sure any major information is shared. There isn’t really any count of daily shutdowns going on.
Sorry, I wasn't reading anything into, I am just bummed to not be able to check it out all day LOL. I know there hasn't been a daily count, but I was reading them as they posted each day. Thanks for the updates!

Sorry, I wasn't reading anything into, I am just bummed to not be able to check it out all day LOL. I know there hasn't been a daily count, but I was reading them as they posted each day. Thanks for the updates!
Cool - I just didn’t want you (or anybody) thinking that something super secret was suddenly occurring. Nothing has changed regarding what we know at this point.

Right now I have the Mayan Princess Beach Break reserved with RCCL. We’d probably only snorkel for a bit. We tend to be beach/pool types but if there is something more exciting.

We’ve been to our other stops before so the plan is to just enjoy the ship in Cozumel and Costa Maya.
I would say nothing more exciting unless windsurfing or thousands of iguanas counts. Mayan is right in the heart of West Bay, Beautiful beach but is always swamped on Cruise days. For just pool and swim time will be ok. You can not really swim out to where the good snorkling is right there, walk down (south) and enter the water from in front of Infinity Bay or Grand Roatan.

I churn from overseas & had exactly one CC (Chase Disney) on my personal credit history when I started. I also had 4-5 years of being an AU on another card. Amex Plat, CIP, CSR all went through. I don't think something from 2008 will appear on your report anymore but it may be an issue that the banks cannot see any CCs at all. You might want to start smaller.
THanks for giving advice as one who is over seas.

I just asked what credit card was offered at our local bank here. They give 5% cash back on all grocery and gas purchases. That might be a hard one to beat but does nothing to bolster up my US credit rating. DH might go first since he shows up as a user on his dads active card. We also have the timing issue of getting the card here in time to meet the 3 month spends. I saw online that some have ,once approved, called and have the card sent to thier international address. Still searching out all the choices but leaning towards starting with CSP for DH. DH also might have a trip stateside for work and in that case we need to be ready to go before his trip.

If I have an AmEx offer that expires tomorrow, is it too late to use it today and still get the credit? I'm worried if it doesn't post right away they won't count it.

Your first step here would be to reapply. Since it’s been over 2 months and you haven’t applied for anything else you may get approved this time. Apply and call the automated status line and take it from there 😊

Don’t forget to use a DISchurners support link if you have no other support link available to you 😃

I did use a support link as always! Thanks! Went ahead and reapplied. Do I call the automated line right away? Or only if I get another denial letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!