I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's more important :) Get the job first with the paycheck, then figure out how to leverage that new HHI on cards to spend it :laughing: I wish him luck on the interview!
Thank you! He's been studying like crazy. He actually came home early from work yesterday and stayed home today because he isn't feeling great. He is able to work from home, luckily.

Do you mean the AmEx Marriott Biz? AmEx biz cards don't show up on your personal credit report. Did AmEx even do a hard pull? You should be good to go on the Freedom. Don't think Chase is very inquiry sensitive even if there was a hard pull, mostly velocity and CL sensitive.
Yes the former AMEX SPG BIZ. The Chase inquiry on hard pulls what I was mainly concerned about. I'm pretty sure there was no hp with the biz app but just being very cautious because he is a very reluctant P2 and will be most unhappy if ANYTHING goes wrong. Thanks for the info!

I got all excited for a moment, then realized if I pull an AMEX MSR that there's probably no maxing in my future lol.

I feel like I should have added to this... in the words of our benevolent dictator, a sign up bonus return outweighs the return on ongoing spend (even if they are the 5% categories)

THIS.

While drug stores this quarter, and grocery and home improvement stores next quarter should be easy categories to max out because you can buy third-party GCs and VGC/MCGC to shift spend and lock in a ~4-5x UR spending bonus, I just do not have that much spend to throw at it while constantly working on MSRs, carrying 2x CICs that also earn 5x UR at office supply stores with frequent promotions on VGC/MCGC that's often better than buying prepaid cards at drug stores or supermarkets, and putting enough organic spend on our Amexes to keep the RATs happy.

I was able to max out $1,500 on my converted CF this quarter, but barely touched DW's CF 5x category and probably won't bother now considering we have MSRs on DW's Amex SPG and CIP#2, and possibly a United Biz or CIP#2 for me soon; 2x CICs and frequent VGC/MCGC deals at OD/OM/Staples; and another set of GC-friendly 5x categories next quarter. I'm not going to cry about missing out on 7,500 URs on DW's CF when we have SUBs of 75k Marriott points, 80k UR points, and either 75k UA miles or another 80k UR points to focus on, as well as the ability to more economically earn 5x UR on the CIC.

THIS.

While drug stores this quarter, and grocery and home improvement stores next quarter should be easy categories to max out because you can buy third-party GCs and VGC/MCGC to shift spend and lock in a ~4-5x UR spending bonus, I just do not have that much spend to throw at it while constantly working on MSRs, carrying 2x CICs that also earn 5x UR at office supply stores with frequent promotions on VGC/MCGC that's often better than buying prepaid cards at drug stores or supermarkets, and putting enough organic spend on our Amexes to keep the RATs happy.

I was able to max out $1,500 on my converted CF this quarter, but barely touched DW's CF 5x category and probably won't bother now considering we have MSRs on DW's Amex SPG and CIP#2, and possibly a United Biz or CIP#2 for me soon; 2x CICs and frequent VGC/MCGC deals at OD/OM/Staples; and another set of GC-friendly 5x categories next quarter. I'm not going to cry about missing out on 7,500 URs on DW's CF when we have SUBs of 75k Marriott points, 80k UR points, and either 75k UA miles or another 80k UR points to focus on, as well as the ability to more economically earn 5x UR on the CIC.

Same. We barely touched our CF for Q1 other than gas, and we live right by everything so we don't buy much gas. DD drives further than either of us combined and she drives a civic that sips gas. I have too much MSR to work on to put much on the CF and the SUB's are far more valuable to me. So, I just don't get that excited about CF categories anymore. Kind of sad but also very exciting !

There is an online status page here https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS. I'm not sure, but I would guess Chase only knows your household information based on what you reported to them.

Still waiting on my Barclay AA biz. Still in review it’s been a week!!!!!

Thanks for the website. Checked and they denied me. All I can figure is age of accounts (longest 4 years 1 month, average 2 years 5 months). Credit score 780. No other inquiries per CK. Mortgage has perfect payment history. And my business made enough last year that i got a 1099 from PayPal. If anyone has any other insight, i would love to hear it because I’m going to apply my husband to see if he has a different result.

In the using strategies I learned here category, my husband was heading to Home Depot so I bought a gift card on gyft with the CIP through PayPal. That should code 3x I believe.

Other than @SouthFayetteFan, has anyone seen Citi match AA points first hand? This chat and sm thing is for the birds. They are completely useless and every answer is different.

Yes, I was matched on my Citi AA Biz last July. Did the dummy booking for 40k and was matched to 60k.

Thanks for the website. Checked and they denied me. All I can figure is age of accounts (longest 4 years 1 month, average 2 years 5 months). Credit score 780. No other inquiries per CK. Mortgage has perfect payment history. And my business made enough last year that i got a 1099 from PayPal. If anyone has any other insight, i would love to hear it because I’m going to apply my husband to see if he has a different result.

In the using strategies I learned here category, my husband was heading to Home Depot so I bought a gift card on gyft with the CIP through PayPal. That should code 3x I believe.

Do you have any other Barclays cards? It may be identity verification. They require front and back of driver's license and social security card to be mailed to them, as well as a bank statement or utility statement.

Can any of you savvy travelers Please offer some advice.

Scenario. I was originally planning on going to Japan in 2021 flying JAL with my Chase Ur points.

Next March/April/May Im planning a Hawaii trip because i Have 800 dollar credit from Hawaiian
Air that will have to use. After speaking to Cust service she indicated i can use that credit to
fly from hawaii to Japan (even flying on Jal). The more i think about it the more i like that idea.
So addon to that trip.

Problem is i don't know how to get us back. I would like to take JAL back to So. Cal preferably using
Alaska/JAL but it is 35k oneway. I'm 70k short for the family. I can self refer Dh for Alaska card but total
that will get 45K. Looking at Marriott brilliance because i can transfer 60k= 25k to Alaska. Is this the only way
(besides spending money) to get those last points? Is this even wise? lol I noticed it is hard/more money
for one way awards if it is even allowed. Alaska does though.

UR's 210k
MR 40k
Alaska miles- currently almost deplated due to 10 day Alaska trip this June.

6/24...All 6 opened in 2017 so will fall off within 6 months.

Last edited:
I'm just too chicken to app DH for a second CIP so I had him PC his current CIP to CIU. Then he (me) app for the Chase Marriott Blahblah Biz. Instant Approval!

Am I correct in thinking it will be okay to app him immediately for a Chase Freedom? He is 2/24 and last Chase app was CIU 10/29/18 and his CL is under 30%. Amex takes a while to report to CR so Chase won't see the app today, right?

Congratulations! The important thing is to do what's comfortable for you and P2.

You won't want to apply for another Chase card today as that will trigger a double dip and get one of the cards canceled. You should be fine to apply for another Chase personal card tomorrow (the modified double dip).

Amex typically reports a new personal card after the close of the second statement.

Hmm...2 DPs of PNC CC funding with Chase failing today on r/churning. Due to not enough cash advance limit - which means they didn't code as purchase. Could be nothing (hopefully) or could be the first sign that the golden goose is dead. :(

Yes the former AMEX SPG BIZ. The Chase inquiry on hard pulls what I was mainly concerned about. I'm pretty sure there was no hp with the biz app but just being very cautious because he is a very reluctant P2 and will be most unhappy if ANYTHING goes wrong. Thanks for the info!

Disregard my earlier post. I thought you applied for the Chase Marriott card.

ETA: Aaaand I just caught up and see you were approved for the CF. Congratulations again!

Last edited:
Not caught up yet but wanted to post that Universal AP discounts are available on the Loew's site :banana: (not the windsurfers site yet) for this summer. I was able to book PBH for 6/6-6/8 deluxe room for approx 30% discount. I'm hoping more room types/discounts will be loaded, but at least I have something booked for our Universal nights! Hopefully this helps any of you watching for these discounts :goodvibes

SOUTHWEST CHANGES RELEASE DATE AGAIN - flight release TOMORROW!
They've updated again now to say releasing tomorrow (FRIDAY) 3/15.

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/
https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html

Both of those sites show that date now. The little popup by the search screen says 3/18 but I'd assume it's now wrong...

Wow, thanks for posting! I've been waiting to book flights for our Oct trip. Hopefully I'll actually be able to book some good rates tomorrow! For some reason I had written the date down wrong on my calendar and thought the release was Wed, then realized it was actually Thurs, then got the news it was changed to Mon, and now it's updated to tomorrow! I'll be glad to get these actually booked!

I'm going to have to log into three different RR accounts (my own, my Mom's, and my Uncle's). My Uncle only has around 11k points so I'm hoping it will be enough for at least one way, and use my mom's points for the rest of his. Then after we travel with my DH/kiddos in July I'm planning to switch my CP to either my uncle or mom and cancel the other flight that isn't needed. It'll be a miracle if I can keep all this straight :faint: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!