I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to do this when dh would have to travel. I could not sleep at all when he was gone and since my house was broken into when I was a teen, I'm even more of a scaredy cat :scared1: I'm better now when he is gone. I'm not sure if it's due to age, not being quite so hyper about stuff or what but he was recently in Ohio for 3 nights and I slept pretty good. With his new maybe job, he'd be traveling more so I'm going to have to deal with it even more. Main part of the job I would not like!

Our house was broken into twice when I was growing up. After the 2nd time we got an alarm system. But they're even better now and I have no problem being on my own knowing it's there and on. Do any of you that have trouble sleeping alone have one or thought about getting one? I love vivint, we had their video doorbell added so we get a notification on our phone when someone rings it. It does catch some other motion too but not every time someone comes to the door but doesn't ring the bell. If I felt like it was necessary we'd add a camera but I don't think it is at this point though I'd love one inside to see what the dogs do while we're away :)

Our house was broken into twice when I was growing up. After the 2nd time we got an alarm system. But they're even better now and I have no problem being on my own knowing it's there and on. Do any of you that have trouble sleeping alone have one or thought about getting one? I love vivint, we had their video doorbell added so we get a notification on our phone when someone rings it. It does catch some other motion too but not every time someone comes to the door but doesn't ring the bell. If I felt like it was necessary we'd add a camera but I don't think it is at this point though I'd love one inside to see what the dogs do while we're away :)
I've always had an alarm since my house was broken into. I honestly could not sleep at night without one.

@calypso726, @*WDW*Groupie* -

Marriott Bonvoy Offers First Ever Discount On Purchased Points - OMAAT

Buy Marriott Points for Less Than 1 Cent Each Through New Promotion - TPG

Points .com is running its first sale of Marriott Bonvoy points since the program merger and rebranding, from now through 5/15/19. Marriott points are 25% off when purchasing 5,000-50,000 points, which works out to $468.75 for 50,000 points or 0.9375 cents per point. Note that the fine print limits a member to purchasing or receiving as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year. This is a markup from the Points .com deals where you could buy 30,000 Starpoints (effectively 90,000 Marriott points) for $682.50, or 0.7583 cents per point, and Marriott points don't go as far as they used to after the category changes.

I know both of you are looking to accumulate more Marriott points (but I think @*WDW*Groupie* may have already purchased some for herself, so that limit may come into play). As this is the first sale under the Bonvoy banner, it's hard to gauge historically if this is a good deal and whether we'll see a better 35% off (like they had for Starpoints) in the future. I think for now, consider this deal against your intended redemption and decide if you can get better than 0.9375 cpp out of these points. Note that the CIP earns 3x UR on Points .com, but TPG also calls out this fact in their article so who knows how long that will last.

Now how can I get me some of those?! I started getting gray hair at 22, and at 37 I have a solid streak up front (I call it my Anna-streak!), so I hope that's no indication!

ETA: I saw your next post, it reminded me of something... my dad's mom has had several heart attacks, mostly when she was in her late 50's. She's 79 now, but not in the best of health. My dad, who is one of the healthiest guys you'll meet. Never drank, never smoked, ate pretty healthy, went to the gym a lot. Had a widow-maker heart attack at age 52, while leaving the gym. He lived, thank goodness, and they told him it was genetics that contributed. My son has congenital heart defects, so although I don't have any issues now, it's definitely something I'm aware of!
My dad’s father died at 78 or 79 of a massive heart attack. My dad spent his life exercising and watching his cholesterol only to get cancer (& diabetes) He was thin, ate well, no one in his family had cancer that we know of. Like he had all the aberrant genes.
Once medicine can identify genes and correct therapies for them, without insurance companies charging for pre-existing conditions, then we’ll have true preventive medicine.

I hate when my DH travels and I'm home alone. He chose a job that requires very minimal travel, which I like even though it meant a lower salary at the time. The real downside is no points LOL.

My dh has always chosen jobs with minimal travel as well but he really is looking for somewhat of a career change and this is a good opportunity to get into something new without a decrease in salary. It's actually much better benefits for us too and he would work from home when he isn't traveling.

@calypso726, @*WDW*Groupie* -

Marriott Bonvoy Offers First Ever Discount On Purchased Points - OMAAT

Buy Marriott Points for Less Than 1 Cent Each Through New Promotion - TPG

Points .com is running its first sale of Marriott Bonvoy points since the program merger and rebranding, from now through 5/15/19. Marriott points are 25% off when purchasing 5,000-50,000 points, which works out to $468.75 for 50,000 points or 0.9375 cents per point. Note that the fine print limits a member to purchasing or receiving as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year. This is a markup from the Points .com deals where you could buy 30,000 Starpoints (effectively 90,000 Marriott points) for $682.50, or 0.7583 cents per point, and Marriott points don't go as far as they used to after the category changes.

I know both of you are looking to accumulate more Marriott points (but I think @*WDW*Groupie* may have already purchased some for herself, so that limit may come into play). As this is the first sale under the Bonvoy banner, it's hard to gauge historically if this is a good deal and whether we'll see a better 35% off (like they had for Starpoints) in the future. I think for now, consider this deal against your intended redemption and decide if you can get better than 0.9375 cpp out of these points. Note that the CIP earns 3x UR on Points .com, but TPG also calls out this fact in their article so who knows how long that will last.
wonder if it codes 6x with a marriott card.

Reading about how you all are is making me realize why I'm still single. Must find a guy that is ok doing things on his own and doesn't need me to do stuff. I enjoy spending time with people but I also have no problem doing stuff by myself. This is all a result of being an only child and having to play on my own some of the time along with other reasons I'm sure.
I have a younger sister, but did a lot of entertaining myself as our first house was a neighborhood of much older people and my great grandma watched me at the time. My sister grew up completely in the new neighborhood of all young families and went to a home daycare and is way more social than I ever was. I like to do my own thing. When DH and I first went long distance, after college when I moved back to NE, I had to explain to him that I wasnt ignoring his calls or texts... I was just reading :rotfl: He just didnt know yet how much I actually read since I didnt have as much time for that in college.

wonder if it codes 6x with a marriott card.

Be the DP you want to see!

But be warned, the fine print says: "Purchasing points using a Marriott Bonvoy™ or The Ritz-Carlton™ credit card will result in earning one point per dollar spent on these transactions.”

TPG notes, "[t]hese cards are supposed to earn 2x points per dollar spent on general purchases, so earning just 1x point per dollar spent would be quite strange. Instead, I assume that this note is trying to indicate that Marriott and Ritz-Carlton cards won’t qualify as Marriott purchases and will earn just 2x points per dollar."

Please report back if it does earn 6x on a Bonvoy card!

Last edited:
I'm adopted so I have no idea how my genes are lol. Hopefully I got some good ones
Same with DS. At least I don’t need to worry he got my dad’s bad genes. But I do worry about no health history at all. He would like to find birth family, so we did 23&me testing, but not the health part since I’m not sure it’s very reliable yet.

Just curious, do I remember correctly that you are in Japan? Do you use your parents address and then they send you the cards? I thought about sending my DD a new card but I was worried putting it in International mail. Not to mention that she has not been able to tell me an address to send her anything.
::yes::

When the cards arrive, one of my parents will hold them up on FaceTime so I can write down the numbers & then I can use them online. If I'm not going to see them soon after, they will put the cards into the next package they send me. I find them tucked into boxes of cereal or mac & cheese so I guess that's their idea of "additional security" :laughing: & they always send Priority Express, but any of the Priority Mail options are probably fine. I would definitely not put a CC in First-Class International because that service will only track within the US & sometimes to the destination airport. Priority Mail will track all the way to the recipient.

With a Cape that doubles as a blanket!
Never fear...it is me... Nap Man!

senior-man-in-superhero-costume-sleeping-on-bench-E0FD64.jpg

When I sub I rarely use my phone, just during their recess and lunch.
I use my phone at work but for professional reasons. There’s a secure app that I can text doctors or other staff through and I use my calculator all the time. I also have work email on my phone. DH and I rarely talk or text during work but it drives me nuts when my sister or Mom texts me at work about random stuff. Today my sister texts to ask if she should buy asparagus today for Easter, and how much. I mean, I’m working in the middle of an ICU and that’s what she thinks is important to text? :sad2:

I can’t imagine ever getting sick of my SO lol even when he is at work I find myself texting him I miss you is it 5 yet lol. Besides work we do probably 98% of things together lol
That’s is funny because I was just talking with DH on ouranniversary dinner (12th) this past weekend that I can’t believe we never got sick our each other when we were first married.
We worked together, he was actually my boss for many years ( I worked there first and brought him in). So we would commute to Boston together, work together, have lunch together, lol That was a lot of time together, like almost 24hrs a day! :crazy2:Not sure how we survived that as a couple for a few years! We did save tons of money in gas:moped:

Well I guess mine is to never, ever nap and be awake all hours of the night o_O
This is my super power as well too. Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine how the stars would have to be aligned that I would actually fall asleep in the middle of the day, in my car, where people are walking by, where people could see me, where it's not dark and I'm not curled up with a blanket and pillow:faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!