I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Citi do away with late night chats? I just wanted to try my match request, again, and the chat button wasn't there. They must be on to us.
Sometimes I have to click around to find it. Maybe the “Contact Us” screen.

Guys, I’m so upset I’m not sure what to do. As mentioned here last night, there was a tragic crash of 2 floatplanes full of tourists in Alaska yesterday. I booked a floatplane tour for us on our cruise in 2 weeks. While I’m really sad and upset for those that lost their lives, I also don’t know what to do about our tour. I booked thru Chase portal with URs, 55,000 Points, and it’s non-refundable. So do I cancel and move on? Or suck it up and go?

My .02 - I think you go with what you're comfortable with - and really think about if you would enjoy it relatively stress free. My logical side says that these companies will be super diligent in the coming months to ensure this doesn't happen again, so it may be safer than ever before. But none of that matters if your experience would be sullied by your anxiety. 55K URs can be accrued again - but your memories are forever. I know I would have a really tough time making that decision also. :hug:

Fun story - my maiden name is also Harris. When my DH and I first started dating, we didn't know each other's last names (no social media back then, THANK GOODNESS). His friend and I had the same hair dresser, and a few weeks later, when the friend found out my last name was the same, he called my now DH, and told him to break up with me because I was crazy and going around using his last name already :rotfl:Thankfully my DH knew at that point and decided to keep me around!

We did make sure our family trees were in different orchards! If we had more unique last names, I would've been more worried! I am still grateful that I never had to go through any crazy name change stuff (I always think of that when you tell us about your last name drama @amalone1013 !).

That is hilarious! And convenient with no name change (But still doesn't prove you aren't crazy :D)

VRBO = Vacation Rental By Owner, so an acronym for sure! I will never be on board with saying "vrrr-beau"!

Thanks! I couldn't figure out/remember what the BO part was. So they need new marketing people.

Someone once asked me if my first name (Melissa) was spelled with an “a” or an “e.”

Uhhhh???

I know a Milissa. In my 5th grade class there were 3 Melissa's and I was friends with all of them so in my house we kept them separate by using nicknames. There was mustard, but she'd been that since kindergarten or first grade thanks to my dad and her only wanting mustard on her hot dog. My name starts with K so you can guess what I became. Then there was stretch because she was one of the tallest in the class and is still taller than I am. The last was just Milissa with an i which isn't very original but we didn't do much outside of school but she's the only one I've ever seen it spelled that way.

Now I've had my name spelled several different ways despite there being only 2 common ways to do it. Once was even on a bday cake at McDonald's which really makes no sense because it would have been written out for them. I also get asked to spell my last name which again makes no sense because there's one way to spell it and it only has 6 letters so I don't know.

Depending on how recently you signed up they likely will match. You could send them an SM (secure message) from your online account and just politely ask (basically what you said here). :)
I just wanted to update you all that Chase agreed to match the new offer for the SW rapid rewards sign up bonus. I just have to email them after I meet the minimum spend requirement. I am so so so happy! Thanks for all your help to those on this board. I don't post often because you guys move quickly but I appreciate all I have learned here.

I'm hoping for some guidance on my next card application. I've been churning for 3 years and need to be careful and not waste an application.

I want to take advantage of the chase sapphire preferred 60k bonus out right now. But I have two sticking points as to if I will qualify.

First, going back to May of 2017 I've already applied for 5 credit cards. If I wait to apply until June 1, am I in the clear as far as Chase's rule of no more than 5 cards in 2 years?

Second, in March of 2018 I applied for a SW card and after contacting reconsideration, was approved for only a $2000 limit. I've kept the card, used the bonus, but don't spend on it regularly. Will Chase extend me more credit in the form of a new card? Are they pleased I have the card and haven't run up a bill I can't pay or pissed that I don't use it and pay more fees? (JK )

I'm hoping for some guidance on my next card application. I've been churning for 3 years and need to be careful and not waste an application.

I want to take advantage of the chase sapphire preferred 60k bonus out right now. But I have two sticking points as to if I will qualify.

First, going back to May of 2017 I've already applied for 5 credit cards. If I wait to apply until June 1, am I in the clear as far as Chase's rule of no more than 5 cards in 2 years?

Second, in March of 2018 I applied for a SW card and after contacting reconsideration, was approved for only a $2000 limit. I've kept the card, used the bonus, but don't spend on it regularly. Will Chase extend me more credit in the form of a new card? Are they pleased I have the card and haven't run up a bill I can't pay or pissed that I don't use it and pay more fees? (JK )

Can you give the dates and kind of card for each? Velocity matters so dates can be important. Also on the limit, what is your total limit with all Chase cards? Is it near 50% of income? We always advise to keep it below 50% of household income or less than about &70k, I believe, for high income.

My .02 - I think you go with what you're comfortable with - and really think about if you would enjoy it relatively stress free. My logical side says that these companies will be super diligent in the coming months to ensure this doesn't happen again, so it may be safer than ever before. But none of that matters if your experience would be sullied by your anxiety. 55K URs can be accrued again - but your memories are forever. I know I would have a really tough time making that decision also. :hug:
I always joke that a good time to visit a restaurant is after they have been cited by the health department because they’ll be extra clean. But really, looking at stats is actually not comforting as I found the average number of crashes per year in Alaska from 2008-2017 was 94 per year. Which is probably a small percentage of all flights, but still a very scary number.

I've been checking Chase all day looking for my referral bonus for DH CIP2...and it's finally there! Showing 100K+ points pending on my CIP2!:banana::jumping1::cheer2: And we'll have his 80K points in no timeparty: Celebration smilies are the best!:dancer::cool1:
I think that support points trickle in throughout the day. Sometimes somebody will post that they see them at noon. Somebody else says they aren't there yet, but then later in the day they are. I know in that past when I was expecting pts, I've checked when somebody else said they had posted and I was disappointed that they weren't there. Then I checked later that night and they were there. At the end of the day, as long as they come, it's great - but I just want people to be aware that while they typically post Tuesday afternoon, I probably wouldn't "write them off" for the week until you check Wednesday morning.

Last edited:
I need to catch up on today's posts but wanted to pop in for a quick question please. There isn't a referral for the Barclay Arrival Plus, correct? DH has it, and I don't think there is but I wanted to double-check. I'm planning on applying in the next day or two. I have some doubts if they'll approve me because of my inquiries, and lack of spend on my Aviator biz (although I've put some spend on it in the last three months). I'll see what happens!

If you know for a fact that your "oldest/5th" card was approved in May 2017 then yes, as of June 1st you will be in the clear. Chase will certainly approve you for more cards if you have a good score. Some of us have been approved for 10+ Chase cards and we've done the same thing as you. The credit limit issue could indicate that you have too much aggregate limit (do you have other Chase cards with high limits perhaps)?

I also just PMed you an invite to our DISchurners group if you're interested :)

I need to catch up on today's posts but wanted to pop in for a quick question please. There isn't a ... for the Barclay Arrival Plus, correct? DH has it, and I don't think there is but I wanted to double-check. I'm planning on applying in the next day or two. I have some doubts if they'll approve me because of my inquiries, and lack of spend on my Aviator biz (although I've put some spend on it in the last three months). I'll see what happens!
Sadly - No support links for Barclays

I always joke that a good time to visit a restaurant is after they have been cited by the health department because they’ll be extra clean. But really, looking at stats is actually not comforting as I found the average number of crashes per year in Alaska from 2008-2017 was 94 per year. Which is probably a small percentage of all flights, but still a very scary number.

Wow - that seems high, even considering the percentage. I know others have given the same advice, but I would see if there is any way for a UR refund. And even if not, your peace of mind and safety is of the utmost importance.

I just wanted to update you all that Chase agreed to match the new offer for the SW rapid rewards sign up bonus. I just have to email them after I meet the minimum spend requirement. I am so so so happy! Thanks for all your help to those on this board. I don't post often because you guys move quickly but I appreciate all I have learned here.
Congrats on getting that match! It always pays to ask :) We really do like to help folks hit some big-time travel goals. Feel free to post more, I'm sure you see how wacky and fun we all are. Also - I see you're a DISchurners member - if you aren't using the NEWS thread there you might consider reading that to keep up with the major stories:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/

Has anyone dealt with cancelling with Chase Cruise and Tours? I have to transfer my cruise from NCL to Chase tomorrow. We still haven't heard from dh's boss regarding his new unlimited vacation policy. If I transfer to Chase and have to cancel before PIF is due will I get my UR's back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!