I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should go for it. I have the personal card too. Got it when it had 60,000 points in Nov 2017. Paid the annual fee last year but will cancel because I now have the business card. Plan to knock out the spend at WDW next week!

Great, have fun at WDW!!! The only thing is that 3 months ago I got the AmEx Bonvoy card and 2 weeks ago I got my first CIP card. Barclays declined me approx. 6 months ago on a personal Barclays card saying I had too many inquires/credit cards. I have 2 less now, I am 3/24 but I don't want to apply for it if they are going to reject me. Decisions, decisions.

I cried 5 times during Endgame. True story.

Also we realized that taking our kids to movies is such a waste of money. DS6 can handle a 1.5 hr movie well enough but the twins (4) are just too young. It basically becomes a $30 snack/nap time. I remember seeing Oliver and Co with my grandma when I was 6, so maybe that’s the age where it gets easier for at least at an animated film. But 3 hours? Probably not for a couple more years.

To be fair, 3 hours is a long time to sit for anyone. It was a good movie, but sometimes you just gotta get up. The buddy I went with got up 2-3 times during the movie. Of course, he kept coming back with a new beer, so he never learned.

To be fair, 3 hours is a long time to sit for anyone. It was a good movie, but sometimes you just gotta get up. The buddy I went with got up 2-3 times during the movie. Of course, he kept coming back with a new beer, so he never learned.

You people and your fancy schmancy theaters. lol Reserved seats, reclining seats and beer too? We have none of the above.

What’s the new rule for applying for SW cards? I cancelled 24 months ago, applied for Personal and Business cards years ago (i think in 2014) and husband applied for Premier and personal in April 2017, canceled in April 2017. What are we eligible for right now?

You can not get the card until 24 months after you got the last bonus. So you should be good. Did you mean to say your DH cancelled in 2018? I am assuming he didn't really get the cards and cancel in same month. He should be good soon. Look to see when his bonus posted. He should definitely be good by August, possibly June or July.

ETA that you can only have one personal card at a time now. So if you do the personal/business thing again you should be good.

So there is no mobile app for the Barclay Aviator biz!? Crazy when I realized that yesterday.

Not only have I not found an app for that card but their website looks like it’s from 1997 lol. I find it so difficult to use.

To top it off, I can’t add it as a linked card in YNAB. I can’t believe an actual business would select this as their card provider. Once I spend my $1001 I’m done with this card.

Good news - gift cards are back with Southwest Points so I can share this info now!!

Southwest 60k Personal Offer - Why you might be interested even if you have NO use for Southwest Points:
I often like to think about alternate redemptions or backup plans for my points. At times, this also helps me uncover why an offer might make sense for somebody who doesn't intend to use the points in their "primary" or preferred redemption method.

Ignore the Disney for now, just do WM and buy Disney with them. WM.com still works and don't have to worry about an unpredictable in-store experience. Even better if you have access to a Sam's membership as @amalone1013 mentioned.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t think this will work for me though. I have just learned I will be buying a plane ticket for my aunt that is coming with us on the cruise but the other options for using the 60,000 points won’t work for me. I don’t shop at Walmart, don’t buy groceries at Target (only gift cards) and can’t see a use for any of the other gift cards. I’m sticking with my original plan. I just found out I was given the upgrade for my Disney card to the Premier card. I’ll apply for the no AF card again using the referral link in June. After that I will be going for the Capital One Savor and then the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Oh - I figured you could use $500 in Disney gift cards to pay for a Disney Cruise and that a lower $2k MSR might be attractive.

I’d also look into what @amalone1013 and @miztressuz had to say on the subject.

Ignore the Disney for now, just do WM and buy Disney with them. WM.com still works and don't have to worry about an unpredictable in-store experience. Even better if you have access to a Sam's membership as @amalone1013 mentioned.
Can you explain what you mean here? Does Walmart sell Disney gift cards online, and you can use a Walmart GC to pay for them?

I just tried to do a search and can’t find Disney GCs on Walmart’s site BUT I will admit that it was on mobile, and on Walmart’s ATROCIOUS website (seriously - how can their website be so bad haha) and I’m still half asleep. Lol!

@Haley R and @Lain the sign up bonus for DH’s CIP showed up today (came up as pending where it wasn’t yesterday). So no delay after all. It always is bad when there is a hiccup in the process but even more so when involves P2. The less he has to call or be involved the better! I just need him to use the right card to make purchases. Seeing those 80k plus points is a huge relief. :)

I was trying to browse on my phone & the ads kept making the boards jump around... I accidentally "followed" 2 people, whatever that means, but I think I have "unfollowed" you now. Not a stalker! :p

I personally don't think 3 hours is a particularly long time (for an adult) & I think intermission during a musical, for example, is a waste of time. I can definitely go 3 hours without eating, drinking, or using the bathroom.

They did not ask for business docs from me on this card or the aviator. I understand they only do this if you request an employee card. You need an employee card to get the extra 10,000 points otherwise you get 50,000 for spending $1,000. The employee card needs one purchase to get the 10k points.

I told the rep that my husband sometimes makes purchases for me for my eBay “business” so he needed a card. The only thing she asked was the credit limit and cash advance limit I wanted him to have. That’s it.
Thanks, that is great to hear! I think I will apply tomorrow when I am home from work unless there is some Barclays restriction about having a recent credit pull. I applied and got CIP #2 on 4/30. I could wait until 5/31 to apply, I just don't want the increased bonus to go away.

Has anyone done anything with their 7 night Marriott certificate? I do have mine linked now, but I am almost certain that I am going to cancel it. Still looking for ideas. And if I do cancel it, it should extend the expiration, correct?

Hoping to refer P2 to a CIP2 next week, 5/22 or after. Anyone see an issue with that? I applied for my CIP early last July, so referral URs will hopefully post well before I make any changes with that, right?

His recent cards:
BoA AAA 5/17
CIP 7/18
IHG Premier 8/18
Amex Plat 10/18
United Biz 2/21/19

Can you explain what you mean here? Does Walmart sell Disney gift cards online, and you can use a Walmart GC to pay for them?

I just tried to do a search and can’t find Disney GCs on Walmart’s site BUT I will admit that it was on mobile, and on Walmart’s ATROCIOUS website (seriously - how can their website be so bad haha) and I’m still half asleep. Lol!

Yep, at least they did I thought. WM is not my forte but I thought people on the GC thread did it. Maybe they caught on to us, or they're out of stock, or it's been in-store only and Sam's was online. I'm not seeing it now but it pops up as a search suggestion so I'm not the only one searching :)

You can try to do it in-stores but you get different results depending on the store. A sad DP from the GC thread has at least one store in CT hard coded to not accept GC >GC payment, so it's time is probably limited. Best case is you have a self checkout that can pay with GC's (most of mine were eGC's and needed a hand scanner to use them and not all self checkout had those). Most of the time if you have a problem it's push back from a cashier and sometimes you can get them to try and other times, nope! So online is usually easiest if self checkout isn't an option. Probably pays to buddy up with someone that has a Sam's membership and just do it online there, get the discount plus no cashier hassle :)

Has anyone done anything with their 7 night Marriott certificate? I do have mine linked now, but I am almost certain that I am going to cancel it. Still looking for ideas. And if I do cancel it, it should extend the expiration, correct?
We are using ours next month in Charleston. It was a real pain for me to first convert it and then finally get it attached to my reservation, but hopefully it will be worth it!

We are using ours next month in Charleston. It was a real pain for me to first convert it and then finally get it attached to my reservation, but hopefully it will be worth it!

By convert it, do you mean you were able to up the category? I have the lowest category one.

I remember right before I left for WDW that there was discussion regarding the smoking area at DHS right by the boat dock. Since we were staying at BCV, we had to walk by that area several times. Fortunately for us, there weren't people smoking there the majority of the times we walked by. One time waiting for the boat I could definitely smell smoke, though. What was HORRIBLE, was the smoking area right outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. That path is so narrow now and there was no escaping the smoke, even if it was just one person smoking. I ended up giving some feedback to the Beach Club about it because there's really no avoiding it and it leaves a bad impression.

By convert it, do you mean you were able to up the category? I have the lowest category one.
No, I just had to convert it from the old system to the new system, but I didn't try getting a better category. I was too chicken and also the hotel I found worked with my certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!