I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done anything with their 7 night Marriott certificate? I do have mine linked now, but I am almost certain that I am going to cancel it. Still looking for ideas. And if I do cancel it, it should extend the expiration, correct?

We decided to use ours in Fiji. I looked at MANY different options, but in the end decided that would do. We stayed at the Intercontinental in Fiji last year on the unlimited free IHG nights and it was AWESOME, so I’m thinking this Marriott experience won’t quite match that. But then I think, we’ll be in Fiji so I’m sure that in and of itself will be great!

I remember right before I left for WDW that there was discussion regarding the smoking area at DHS right by the boat dock. Since we were staying at BCV, we had to walk by that area several times. Fortunately for us, there weren't people smoking there the majority of the times we walked by. One time waiting for the boat I could definitely smell smoke, though. What was HORRIBLE, was the smoking area right outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. That path is so narrow now and there was no escaping the smoke, even if it was just one person smoking. I ended up giving some feedback to the Beach Club about it because there's really no avoiding it and it leaves a bad impression.
I love Disney...but only they could botch something as simple as banning smoking in parks this poorly. I'm sure they just chock this up to "enhancing the guest experience" ;) haha!

We decided to use ours in Fiji. I looked at MANY different options, but in the end decided that would do. We stayed at the Intercontinental in Fiji last year on the unlimited free IHG nights and it was AWESOME, so I’m thinking this Marriott experience won’t quite match that. But then I think, we’ll be in Fiji so I’m sure that in and of itself will be great!

Wow, that sounds like a great redemption! Have fun.

Been thinking about next steps this morning... I realized that if CIP 2 holds up, I could apply mid-June and time it right to finish my MSR up at WDW in September. I need to cancel my Hilton Biz once the AF posts though, which should be before the end of this month. How exactly does the process work with Amex if I cancel and my AF prorates and I have a small portion to pay? Do I just pay that once the statement posts even though I've closed the card? Ideally I need to cancel that as late as possible I guess within the 30 days(?) after it posts so I can time it with the application for my CIP. That card will put me at 5/24 and even though I know Amex doesn't report to credit bureaus that quickly, I don't want something to change and then I'm locked out of CIP.

ETA: Left out a sentence. I am planning to apply for a Hilton personal card around the same time as my CIP and need to make sure I don't run into 5/24 issues.

Last edited:
I cried 5 times during Endgame. True story.

Also we realized that taking our kids to movies is such a waste of money. DS6 can handle a 1.5 hr movie well enough but the twins (4) are just too young. It basically becomes a $30 snack/nap time. I remember seeing Oliver and Co with my grandma when I was 6, so maybe that’s the age where it gets easier for at least at an animated film. But 3 hours? Probably not for a couple more years.
I didn’t cry at all lol. I had no emotional attachment to any of the characters. I do really like Tom holland as Spider-Man though. He’s so lovable.

The kid next to us was probably like 8.

To be fair, 3 hours is a long time to sit for anyone. It was a good movie, but sometimes you just gotta get up. The buddy I went with got up 2-3 times during the movie. Of course, he kept coming back with a new beer, so he never learned.
I had to go to the bathroom once. I tried holding it but I couldn’t make it lol

You can try to do it in-stores but you get different results depending on the store. A sad DP from the GC thread has at least one store in CT hard coded to not accept GC >GC payment, so it's time is probably limited. Best case is you have a self checkout that can pay with GC's (most of mine were eGC's and needed a hand scanner to use them and not all self checkout had those).
I did it in stores at self checkout a couple times, but that was over a year ago. Haven't done that since I got my Sam's membership.

Been thinking about next steps this morning... I realized that if CIP 2 holds up, I could apply mid-June and time it right to finish my MSR up at WDW in September. I need to cancel my Hilton Biz once the AF posts though, which should be before the end of this month. How exactly does the process work with Amex if I cancel and my AF prorates and I have a small portion to pay? Do I just pay that once the statement posts even though I've closed the card? Ideally I need to cancel that as late as possible I guess within the 30 days(?) after it posts so I can time it with the application for my CIP. That card will put me at 5/24 and even though I know Amex doesn't report to credit bureaus that quickly, I don't want something to change and then I'm locked out of CIP.
Am I missing a detail here? How does your AF posting on the Hilton Biz have anything to do with a CIP application?? LOL! I am lost - maybe it was in a prior comment?

I did it in stores at self checkout a couple times, but that was over a year ago. Haven't done that since I got my Sam's membership.

Same here, last I did it was Aug last year. Didn't have enough to liquidate through Sam's, I had about $25 in random reward site eGC's that I just wanted gone (I don't shop at WM). I happened to pick the WM that didn't have the hand scanners at self checkout so I had to sweet talk the cashier into trying them anyway. Surprise surprise! "They told us it wouldn't work, that's weird, well how many more you got?" :laughing: So that could have gone worse. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've been in a WM since.

Am I missing a detail here? How does your AF posting on the Hilton Biz have anything to do with a CIP application?? LOL! I am lost - maybe it was in a prior comment?

LOL. Yes... too much going on this morning. I left out the sentence that I am planning to apply for a Hilton personal card too! That's what I'm trying to avoid conflict with for the CIP.

Greetings to all!!

Since this is my first post here, I will give you little bit about myself! My husband and I are empty nesters and we love to travel and very active. With that, we are trying to get into the churning game so we can do more traveling getting the most for our buck:) We us our CC for everything and never carry any balance and our credit score is 800. We live in Atlanta so can use pretty much airline The following is the list CC we have opened in the past 24 months before we even knew about churning so any advice you can give is very much appreciated. We are on the quest of seeing all 50 states and we have about 10 left to see with Hawaii being one and while we have already visited Alaska about 9 years ago, we want to go back to do Denali. Once we have completed the 50 we will then be looking to do international travel. We do visit Disney every 2-3 years, except this year we will do 2 visits

DH CC
03/07 Amex SPG
06/17 Chase SW
07/17 Chase Amazon
03/18 BOA celebrity cruise
06/18 Synchrony TJX
06/18 Citi Costco
04/19 CSP THIS IS A CARD IN MY SISTERS NAME THAT WE ARE AU DUE TO US HAVING POA OF HER SINCE WE ARE HER ONLY FAMILY ETC
I am AU on all the above cards

MY CC
06/17 Chase SW
03/18 BOA Celebrity Cruise
08/18 Macys

I hope this makes sense and THANKS SO MUCH with your help trying to figure out best card we should get next to get airline/hotel points!!

Couple quick questions about the Barclays Arrival Plus:

1) If I buy Disney tickets through undercovertourist.com will it code as travel, thus allowing me to use miles for a statement credit?

2) Can the Barclay miles be used to reimburse charges that were part of the MSR? Or will they only work on charges that occur after the MSR is met?

Thanks as always for the help!

Has anyone done anything with their 7 night Marriott certificate? I do have mine linked now, but I am almost certain that I am going to cancel it. Still looking for ideas. And if I do cancel it, it should extend the expiration, correct?
I’m still sitting in ours. Did you have to call to link it? I want to upgrade it if they’ll let me.

I’ve read the date should be extended by one year once you call to convert it to the new system.

1) If I buy Disney tickets through undercovertourist.com will it code as travel, thus allowing me to use miles for a statement credit?

2) Can the Barclay miles be used to reimburse charges that were part of the MSR? Or will they only work on charges that occur after the MSR is met?

Yes to UCT coding as travel. I bought 4 tix through them on two arrival+ and erased all charges.

I met the msr with other charges but I’m pretty sure I’ve read you can erase charges that are part of the msr.

You can erase charges that are part of MSR :)

Can you explain what you mean here? Does Walmart sell Disney gift cards online, and you can use a Walmart GC to pay for them?

I just tried to do a search and can’t find Disney GCs on Walmart’s site BUT I will admit that it was on mobile, and on Walmart’s ATROCIOUS website (seriously - how can their website be so bad haha) and I’m still half asleep. Lol!
I use Walmart gcs online at samsclub.com to buy discounted Disney gcs.
So, if I were :gasp: using my SW points for gcs, Walmart would be my choice for redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!