I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By convert it, do you mean you were able to up the category? I have the lowest category one.
You have to get the certificate converted from the old system to Marriotts new system. They should have done that when you called to link it to a reservation. Supposedly it can be a pain in the behind which is why I’m dragging my feet in dh calling.

Any thoughts on some refundable travel purchase that if I bought today, and cancelled tomorrow, it would be refunded very quickly? (unlike Disney room reservations lol).

DH has 14545 ($145.45) in Barclay Arrival Plus miles. I have a $250 travel charge on his account, but they will only let me redeem $125 worth of miles towards it, which would leave me with ~$27 in miles that we wouldn't be able to use due to the redemption minimums (even a cashback statement credit is 5k miles for $25). I don't really understand why I can't put all of my miles towards a charge that is over that amount, but if I had something that was $132.58 I would be able to redeem exactly 13258 miles :confused3

I want to cancel the card by the end of the month to get the AF refunded.

I use Walmart gcs online at samsclub.com to buy discounted Disney gcs.
So, if I were :gasp: using my SW points for gcs, Walmart would be my choice for redemption.
I did know that Sams sold them - I guess there is confusion on whether Walmart does online or not. I don’t plan to use my SW pts for any of this either HAHA.

I finished my csp spend and my 60,000k points are pending statement close on 5/14. :dogdance:I applied March 2019. When can i apply for chase freedom?
Congrats!

Is Chase Freedom really your best next move? It’s not a card that people often choose here for a bonus (doesn’t mean it isn’t right for you though). You could probably apply now if it’s been 2 months since your Freedom application. If you like to be super safe, maybe wait until June. I’m answering this in a vacuum though since I don’t know what cards you got before the CSP.

New AmEx offers for Las Vegas -

Caesars Entertainment, spend $200+ get $40 back, from 5/15/19 to 9/3/19

Wynn & Encore, spend $300+ get $60 back, from 5/15/19 to 9/3/19

Man, I don't know what some of you eat. lol We did 6 days 2 adults 2 teenagers and spent $736.10. That is with Crystal Palace Breakfast, Via Napoli and the ESPN place for sit downs.

ETA We did spend $45 on Amazon Now for bottled water and breakfast type items.

We used to spend a lot, get the dining plan, loads of sit down meals and over time that has changed to minimal spending but not because we are trying to budget downwards. We just grew tired of the large meals and most of the restaurants.

We still will do new places and order whatever we want, but lots of meals are small or shared plates now.

You have to get the certificate converted from the old system to Marriotts new system. They should have done that when you called to link it to a reservation. Supposedly it can be a pain in the behind which is why I’m dragging my feet in dh calling.

Could not figure out how to quote from old thread, but this is what I found when we converted it and linked it. So if I cancel now do you think I would get a year from January 5 or a year from now? I think that second call took over 30 minutes.

Trying to use our 7 night certificate and so far was on hold for 20 minutes and then got disconnected. Take two happening now. DH is not that patient, I am not sure how this will go. He did talk to someone the first time and after they saw he had one of the old certs they put him on hold.

pirate: (DH) :tink:(Me) ::MinnieMo (DD20) ::MinnieMo (DD18) :darth: (DS16)
WVMomof3, Jan 5, 2019 Report

Good news is, my SPG Lux upgrade bonus posted and I see it in my Marriott account. Total Marriott points between me and DH: 600,700
Technically still ~$600 to go on the spend due to returns but I have until the end of June

Bad news is, this made me realize I forgot to stop at Safeway to do the MCGC deal again.

LOL. Yes... too much going on this morning. I left out the sentence that I am planning to apply for a Hilton personal card too! That's what I'm trying to avoid conflict with for the CIP.
Dumb follow up question...do you have another card falling off at some point soon? (Just trying to understand why you're willing to go to 5/24 for a Hilton card, lol)

Dumb follow up question...do you have another card falling off at some point soon? (Just trying to understand why you're willing to go to 5/24 for a Hilton card, lol)

Two falling off in September and October :) Really need Hilton points for Tokyo for next year (need to book in August this year). Also, if I get this CIP 2, that'll be my 7th Chase card, so I suspect I won't have a need/want to take the risk for any others any time soon. I've already got CF, CFU, Hyatt, CIP, Marriott Biz, and CIU. And what I don't have, DH has haha.

Welcome! I recognized the name and couldn't figure out why, you joined DISchurners but were a lurker on the thread here :) Thanks for coming out of "lurkdom"!

So your husband appears to be 6/24 but he will have 2 cards drop off and be 4/24 in August (is he an AU on any of your cards? - that would make his number higher). You appear to be 8/24 or maybe 9/24 with 3 cards dropping off in the next 2 months. You probably already realize this, but your AU situation is a bit of a mess.

My first piece of advice would be to undo as much of the AU situation as possible. Remove each other as AUs and ask the credit bureaus to remove the accounts.

Were you following our fun discussion yesterday? We were talking about the various side hustles and hobbies we all have that qualify us for small business credit cards. Do you and/or your husband have an activity that would qualify you for small business cards? That could include things as simple as selling on eBay, teaching piano, consulting, mowing lawns, tutoring, babysitting, etc. I really hope you have something as that would open you up to some nice opportunities. I'd actually recommend you look at AA (American Airlines) business cards while you work through the AU cleanup. You and your husband could potentially each earn a quick 100k+ AA miles from 2 biz cards without further hurting your 5/24 status. (Those cards would be the Citi and Barclays AA biz cards).

At any rate, I'll stop now and let you maybe respond to some of this :)

Yes guilty as charged on lurking:teeth: Was just trying to wrap my hands around everything plus just got back from the Keys
So let me make sure I have everything laid out as I do not want to mess up an potential we may have

1. Remove each other off accounts as AU ? Since right now we use the AMEX SPG for almost everything, is it ok to keep AU status on that?
2. Since we have POA for my sisters well being etc, is it ok to keep AU status as well on her CSP in case of any emergency she would have we can use to take care of any issues she may have?
3. Yes we have sold things on ebay, and being a Nana to 5 adorable grandkids I am always babysitting, taxi driver etc. Plus my husband was a business owner 15years ago plus he gives advice etc
4. We should go ahead and apply for biz cards from Citi and Barclays ? Should that be EACH of us open account for each CC or one of us for CC?

THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP!!!!!

Yes guilty as charged on lurking:teeth: Was just trying to wrap my hands around everything plus just got back from the Keys
So let me make sure I have everything laid out as I do not want to mess up an potential we may have

1. Remove each other off accounts as AU ? Since right now we use the AMEX SPG for almost everything, is it ok to keep AU status on that?
2. Since we have POA for my sisters well being etc, is it ok to keep AU status as well on her CSP in case of any emergency she would have we can use to take care of any issues she may have?
3. Yes we have sold things on ebay, and being a Nana to 5 adorable grandkids I am always babysitting, taxi driver etc. Plus my husband was a business owner 15years ago plus he gives advice etc
4. We should go ahead and apply for biz cards from Citi and Barclays ? Should that be EACH of us open account for each CC or one of us for CC?

1. So you definitely want to remove AUs on any of your 2018 cards. Those are going to haunt you for awhile if you don't clean them up. Since the 2017 cards are falling off in the next 2 months...it might not be worth the effort there. I'd just let them go if I were you and be patient for now.

2. I'm not going to advise you to remove an AU on that card if you need it for legitimate reasons. It's just going to be an account on your record, that's all. But not the end of the world. Perhaps you'd consider whether only 1 of you needs to be an AU there though...

3. Excellent - biz cards are easier than you'd think :)

4. I wouldn't just apply for 4 cards (2 each) based on a throwaway sentence I made LOL! Sometimes I just get going and start to ramble. It Could be a good move for you but I'd look at how you might use American Airlines miles before just throwing your hat in the ring there. Also you'll want to evaluate the various Citi offers out there. You can find some links to discussion on those offers from the DISchurners news thread. But I will say that YES you both could get both cards and find yourself with 100k+ American miles EACH within just a couple of months.

I'd first remove yourself as an AU on all cards you don't need to use. As well as remove your DH as AU on your cards.
Some of us have asked for replacement cards and those work just like the original so you both have a card for that account without being an AU. for your sister's card I would remove the AU. You still have the card and its the same as her card. remember to check your credit reports to make sure they are removed from there

As for #4 I can't answer as I don't know their rules on those for stats

I did know that Sams sold them - I guess there is confusion on whether Walmart does online or not. I don’t plan to use my SW pts for any of this either HAHA.

I don't think WM does sell DIsney GC's online but it's been a long time since I last checked. Either way, not using my SW points that way. This must be how AA peeps feel when we discuss using them for hotels or even worse, cashing out for DIsney GC's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts