I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:
before I head out for my baby's kindergarten registration

any ideas on what kinds of deals disney and DVC will do for the 2021 anniversary celebration? I can't remember any of the last deals from last anniversary. trying to see when we should plan our next trip :-)

I could see my SW stash getting so large that I cash out with some GCs. But if I did, I'd just go with Target, Walmart or Amazon and use it for stuff we need. I can easily "account" for that as travel offset just like when I used Amex MRs for a Home Depot Gift Card, bought a new dishwasher and attributed the savings as travel offset against my Disney trip, haha!
wouldn't it be better to buy someones flight and have them pay you the cash? some flights you save more doing that way. at least thats what I've done in the past when we needed some extra money for a trip. I paid for someones flight with points and they gave me the cash value. then I used that cash to buy discounted disney cards

Hi all,
It's been a busy week for me, so I kept falling behind on the thread. I am in charge of organizing our Girl scout troops camping trip that is coming up this weekend, so I've been working on that and helping my dad with his rental house debacle.
I'm about a $100 from meeting MSR for my Amex Bonvoy Buisness. Phew that was a hard meet though with half my bills shunning Amex. I'll meet that once I get my cars oil changed this week.
P2 is 0/24 so I applied for him the SW 60,000 point offer last week, and I applied for my first CIP!
P2 was approved last week, and I was approved for my first CIP today!!! pixiedust:

Once I meet the MSR for my CIP I will sign P2 up for CIP.

My plan short term plan for UR's is for flights to Seattle via Alaska Air for our cruise next year. That will depend on availability though if I go Alaska Air or SW. AA only has 2 flights a day non-stop to Seattle.

As far as planning far out for vacations. I am a planner, and to keep me sane I plan/research/daydream about our next vacations often. I have several mini trips coming up to visit family over the next 18 months in Chicago & Ohio (baby shower, meeting new baby, wedding lol in that order & a snow visit). I am always browsing southwest flights to see if I can squeeze in a short girls trip to a fun destination.

For big trips I plan far out as well. We've been talking about an Alaskan cruise for a few years, and I started looking into it last year to take next year June/2020.

We also want to take a short Food & wine Disney trip fall/2020 and then a longer Disney trip Christmas time 2021.

P2 wants to take a trip to Yellowstone, so that may come first in 2021 and then push Disney to 2022.

My "side businesses"
Selling on ebay, and other reselling avenues.
I'm a Notary
I signed up for Dosh via swagbucks to get their bonus and thinking I may still do that occasionally to earn a few extra bucks on my days off.

Pizza preference-Deep Dish all the way. :love:

AA Miles for Disney Update
Summary: This new 0.83 cpp valuation on UseAAmiles.com might be here to stay and we might be out of luck...but I'm at least trying to raise the question to make sure it isn't just an error.

I had a long conversation with a supervisor on the UseAAmiles.com website phone line (800-349-3244)

I basically used the following scenario:
  • August 11th through August 15th
  • Disney's Yacht Club
  • $2,160 on Disney's Website with NO promotions of discounts
  • Previously cost ~217,000 AA Miles until about 2 months ago (approximately 1.00 cpp value)
  • Now it costs 260,800 Miles (now decreased to 0.83cpp value)
  • This is consistent across all resort types, dates, room categories etc.
  • I also stated how if I used the slider to only pay with 1,000 points, this room would cost $2,598 (vs. $2,160 on Disney's website). This always used to be roughly the same price so it's clear that American is now charging significantly more than they did just a couple months ago.
This individual attempted to tell me this was due to changing availability and dates. I assured him that I had priced this out over numerous dates, resorts, etc. likely 30+ scenarios and have come up with the same figures no matter what. I believe he finally believed me when I overwhelmed him with the data I presented. He did not have a good answer and said this is based on American, their 3rd party provider, and Disney and it's possible something changed.

I asked him to log that feedback and he is doing that. If anybody has time and wants to double down on my efforts, perhaps consider calling and providing similar feedback. Be aware that this might be a 15-20 minute phone call. I would also ask to speak to a supervisor regarding this frustration as a regular front line folks won't help at all IMO. Also, you probably want to have a scenario in mind (use mine or come up with another one) so that when they attempt to poke holes in your argument they realize that your data is in fact correct.

TL/DR: UseAAmiles.com pricing on Disney resorts is VERY SUCKY!
:( I just don't get why Disney is constantly getting taken away or devalued. I feel like so much of this is on Disney since they are money-grabbing everywhere they can.

wouldn't it be better to buy someones flight and have them pay you the cash? some flights you save more doing that way. at least thats what I've done in the past when we needed some extra money for a trip. I paid for someones flight with points and they gave me the cash value. then I used that cash to buy discounted disney cards
I honestly don't have anyone who would want me to buy their flight and pay me back. All my family fly SW and are super attached to their SW cc's and earning SW points!!

Could not figure out how to quote from old thread, but this is what I found when we converted it and linked it. So if I cancel now do you think I would get a year from January 5 or a year from now? I think that second call took over 30 minutes.

Trying to use our 7 night certificate and so far was on hold for 20 minutes and then got disconnected. Take two happening now. DH is not that patient, I am not sure how this will go. He did talk to someone the first time and after they saw he had one of the old certs they put him on hold.

pirate: (DH) :tink:(Me) ::MinnieMo (DD20) ::MinnieMo (DD18) :darth: (DS16)
WVMomof3, Jan 5, 2019 Report
I'm not sure but thinking you might be in a situation where you need to ask for an extension. I don't think cancelling that reservation will extend it another year. I'd wait to do that until it's closet to the date of the reservation though. A bit risky, of course! @disneymagicgirl had followed a lot of the initial chatter about this on FT so she might have a better answer. I am waiting until it's closer to our July exp date to convert ours so we get a year from then.

I honestly don't have anyone who would want me to buy their flight and pay me back. All my family fly SW and are super attached to their SW cc's and earning SW points!!
:D That would be my problem as well. Before I'd try to make that deal with somebody, I'd first advise them to get their own SW card(s) and collect some sweet sweet Rapid Rewards points for themselves!!

Sweet! Just got this from Plastiq:

Dear Wendy,

We noticed that you haven’t used a Mastercard recently to make your payments, so we’d like to make you a special offer.

Schedule three payments in a row with a Mastercard (up to $2,000 each) and benefit from a low 1.0% Plastiq fee - up to a $90 value.

Many Plastiq customers enjoy the convenience of using their Mastercard to pay for a wide variety of bills - from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses.

Please submit your scheduled payments by May 31, 2019 to qualify.

Dear Wendy,

We noticed that you haven’t used a Mastercard recently to make your payments, so we’d like to make you a special offer.

Schedule three payments in a row with a Mastercard (up to $2,000 each) and benefit from a low 1.0% Plastiq fee - up to a $90 value.

Many Plastiq customers enjoy the convenience of using their Mastercard to pay for a wide variety of bills - from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses.

I just got the same one! Yay!

Dear Wendy,

Same

Attachments

• 29D008D4-0B1C-4700-A72D-24323CC6F9C8.png
    29D008D4-0B1C-4700-A72D-24323CC6F9C8.png
    199 KB · Views: 5

Dear Wendy,

I was just coming here to report this! Whoo hoo!

Not quite the same, but I just volunteered to book a JetBlue flight for a coworker who is too busy to book her own flight. I will gladly put it on my JB CC and get the points! I already submitted my expense report for the company to reimburse me.

Dear Wendy,

All I got was a final reminder on the $100,000 for 6 months promotion. Hurry spots are limited.

Dear Wendy,

I got it on my personal account and my new biz account. I guess 25% of the $10k in MC wasn't enough there lol.

Dear Wendy,

I got this too LOL!!! Hilarious considering I just registered 2 weeks ago.....apparently they define “awhile” pretty loosely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!