I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ll be booking on 5/30 southwest ric to tpa for the Saturday after Christmas. Anything I should know. I’ve never booked sw, will be using points and cp.

So I’ll be booking on 5/30 southwest ric to tpa for the Saturday after Christmas. Anything I should know. I’ve never booked sw, will be using points and cp.
I found making changes to flights on SW easier when I created an account for each of the people I was booking for. You will most likely already have an account number assigned when you got your credit cards.

Debated whether I should even bother mentioning these two stinkers of offers are coming to an end tomorrow, 5/16/19, unless they're extended, so here you go:

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless - 100,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months, $95 annual fee not waived

Chase United Explorer - 40,000 miles spending $2,000 in the first 3 months; an additional 20,000 miles after spending another $6,000 within the first 6 months, $0 introductory annual fee then $95

I’d suggest booking one ways..which it sounds like you are going to do. Book the flight, then add your companion. If the flight happens to drop in price you can’t change it online just call and they do it over the phone

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* REMINDER *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO PURCHASE MARRIOTT BONVOY POINTS AT 25% OFF.

I previously wrote about this first-ever sale of Marriott points since the new Bonvoy program launched, here:

[URL]https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much-v2-0-see-first-page-for-addl-details.3729982/page-1024#post-60517508[/URL]

I've given some thought in the past month to buying more points, because I do like Marriott's properties and tend to redeem them at higher category hotels during busy travel dates when the cash price for rooms is high, and for 5 night stays to take advantage of the free night, all of which usually gets me a redemption value better than the 0.9375 cpp cost of these points. I think I'm going to sit out this sale. It seems like Marriott is lowballing its first sale at only 25% off when compared to the 35% off sales that use to run for Starpoints, back when Marriott and Starpoints were arguably more valuable before all the negative changes wrought by Bonvoy. Since this is just the first sale, I'll join @calypso726 in not taking the bait at 25%, not inflate their sales numbers, and hope Marriott/Points .com come back with a more reasonable 35% off, or even 50% off deal later this year. (Especially since a member is capped at purchasing only 50k points a year.)

However, if anyone is in need of Marriott points to complete an upcoming redemption, especially one where your redemption value tops 1 cpp, this could be a nice way spend some money (preferably on a CIP or towards an MSR) to save some money.

I'm going to sit this one out as well. I don't need the points until late November. I can also have dh transfer over some of his MR stash to complete our reservations or I could *gasp* use some of my UR rewards (which I won't likely be doing)

On another note I was successful in getting Marriott to honor their lowest rate guarantee. We are going to Whistler again for winter break (dd really loves it there), but the rates on the Marriott website were around $700.00Cdn / night. I noticed on Expedia there were around $400US. So I submitted the online form through the Marriott website and received confirmation the next day they had accepted my "claim". Total for 7 nights is now $3,100.00Cdn. I was pretty excited about this rate because they took the Expedia rate and gave me an additional 25% off :banana::banana:!

:wave: Waving hi(gh) from Colorado Springs! Great trip so far. We've had amazing weather. Beautiful blue skies. First two days were highs in 60s. Today was 80 which is hot for me but we spent most of the day traveling to/from pikes peak so not a problem.

So far we hit Florissant Fossil bed ( petrified redwood stumps), Mueller state park, Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, AF Academy, Manitou Springs& Cliff Dwellings, Great Sand Dunes NP, Zapata Falls. Two more days to go. Only mistake (so far) was not checking altitude for Florissant and Mueller. We did those the first day not realizing it was even higher than CS. The altitude did us in.

This was my use of my Marriott 7 night cert. I had the category 1-4. Worked out very well since we don't normally spend 7 days in one spot. Colorado Springs is a good home base for all we want to do.

I'm going to sit this one out as well. I don't need the points until late November. I can also have dh transfer over some of his MR stash to complete our reservations or I could *gasp* use some of my UR rewards (which I won't likely be doing)

On another note I was successful in getting Marriott to honor their lowest rate guarantee. We are going to Whistler again for winter break (dd really loves it there), but the rates on the Marriott website were around $700.00Cdn / night. I noticed on Expedia there were around $400US. So I submitted the online form through the Marriott website and received confirmation the next day they had accepted my "claim". Total for 7 nights is now $3,100.00Cdn. I was pretty excited about this rate because they took the Expedia rate and gave me an additional 25% off :banana::banana:!
Wow—that’s a great rate. Congratulations!

New AmEx offers for Las Vegas -

Caesars Entertainment, spend $200+ get $40 back, from 5/15/19 to 9/3/19

Wynn & Encore, spend $300+ get $60 back, from 5/15/19 to 9/3/19

Thanks! Going in July (Roadtrip from San Francisco to Yosemite to Vegas back to San Francisco) so might be able to put to use (if I have them on one of our 12 or so Amex and AU cards...)

Sharing my daughter’s travails with her name. She’s named Dayna, pronounced just like you would think. Day-na. The same as the more typically spelled Dana. I’m not sure why people have such a difficult time with it. She’s been called Diana, Dayana, Dina, Deena, Deanna, Dana with a short a sound, and a few other things I can’t even recall. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for people.

:( I just don't get why Disney is constantly getting taken away or devalued. I feel like so much of this is on Disney since they are money-grabbing everywhere they can.
I think Disney is testing the ceiling on their product especially with the opening of SW. Hopefully, they notice soft occupancy rates and back track - a girl can dream, right?

I put one employee (me), but also got an employee card for my DH at the same time - we received both, no issues!
Do employee cards count as an AU? I can’t get one for my 16 year old and I don't want to hurt my husbands x/24 status.

Heading to CLE. They actually have a good priority pass restaurant. Dinner is on the company but they’ll only have to cover the tip:) meanwhile in clt and phl priority pass is basically worthless???
We have a 5 hour layover in CLT - very excited to use our priority passes...and it seems to be a dud for us. One hour in one of those little rooms with 2 of my kids doesn’t sound like a fun start to vacation at all.

Omg the dis is freaking out for me on my phone. I’m constantly getting redirected to fake websites and it zooms and and won’t let me type.

DIS on my phone (iPhone) was driving me crazy. I downloaded Opera Touch browser and it’s amazing. No adds, no redirects, and my cellular data usage has reduced significantly (my browser specific data). Highly recommend. Takes a bit to get used to (it’s targeted as a one hand browser so some of the controls aren’t the most intuitive) but after a day or two there’s no going back for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!