I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a perfect example of why I have never and will never have a home warranty. Sorry you’re dealing with this.

To be fair, the home warranty has been good this time around, and when I used them before on AC they sent out a great company who was very prompt. I think I just ended up with a crappy company in the luck of the draw this time. I'm furious with the company, but I am grateful that the home warranty is picking up the $1400 bill. I could be hot and having to shell out that much!

My Hawaii trip is falling apart.

We have 2 nights in Oakland on the way there. I booked Springhill Suites via UR, it's new was supposed to open in July. Today I went in to Chase to see if I had a confirmation number yet so I can try to add to my Marriott acct. No confirmation number so I googled the hotel just doubling checking location/rooms. I saw a notice that it's opening Aug 15. Our reservation is Aug 16-18. :scared:

Did a quick UR search for another hotel in the area and not much is coming up. I'm thinking a backup hotel is very much in order so now I get to spend the day stressing over that and trying to find something refundable that isn't too far.

Southwest altered a bit of my return flight from Hawaii so now I can play with that flight. I spent weeks wishing I could extend another day in Hawaii, gave up on that and decided to add the Grand Canyon in to Phoenix stay on the way home. Now I get the opportunity to extend Hawaii :rolleyes2 I think I've decided not to drop GC in favor of another day in paradise, but I now have the opportunity to take the later flight from Honolulu putting us in Phoenix after midnight. This is nice because it drops the rental car in half, but do we really want to get in 1.5 hours later knowing we're getting up the next morning to drive 3.5 hrs?!

And I thought all I had left to do was planning my Hawaii and San Francisco/Oakland itineraries. :crazy:

Is anyone working on any good $250+ bank bonuses at the moment? Just finished WF and thinking about doing the Citi $500 ($400 for $15k deposit + $100 for direct deposit) for DH. I just closed my account last month so will need to wait a few months until I can apply again.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi...lable-nationwide-direct-deposit-not-required/

We're both doing KeyBank right now. Got a mailer for the $300 after one $500+ DD. Our mailer is only good in certain regions - Philly, and select OH, NY markets post - but while going through the comments on DoC someone posted one that has no regional restrictions listed.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/sele...ny-keybank-300-checking-bonus/#comment-761559
Looking at their promotion page it's exactly the same as ours except that ours has the markets listed at the top of the fine print. Seems like that could be open to anyone. If it's worth the risk can't hurt to try your zip code, it'll tell you if it's eligible or not.

Only quirk I've noticed so far is they have very limited occupation categories to pick from and no "other" option available. I can think of several occupations that don't fall into their categories, and unfortunately my current one is one of them :) But I opened the account online, have screenshots of the promo code and the offer attached, and looks like my whopping $100 CC funding is pending as a purchase so hopefully that sticks.

So I seem to have gotten an unexpected bonus on my transfer of MR to Qantas in anticipation of booking my Japan flights for next year. There is currently a 20% transfer bonus going on from MR to Qantas. So in order to have enough Qantas miles in my account to book both our outbound and return flights, I transferred 640,000 MR to Qantas, which gave me 768,000 Qantas miles. But now I have 921,600 Qantas miles in my account, and line items that reflect the MR transfers (which had the 20% bonus built in) and line items indicating "Card Transfer Bonus". The upshot is that I got a 20% bonus on the 768,000 Qantas miles I got by transferring 640,000 MR (which already had a 20% bonus). @CaliforniaGirl09 can attest that receiving duplicate or additional items beyond what I order and pay for is one of my superpowers, and it appears to have struck again! I will be curious to see if Qantas catches this and corrects....

Awesome!

I thought about expediting DW's CIP3, but she's sitting on a CIU, CIC, and 2 CIPs on the same account, so I decided against any risk of eyes on her account. In the meantime, I've got a new BBP to work on MSR, and I'm trying to max out our 5x CFs with the VGC deals.

DW is only 1/24, so Chase is a wide open playground for her, but I'm thinking she should lay low on the Chase biz cards for a while. Next Chase card will be either the Hyatt or IHG. I'm eyeing the September timeframe. DW's CIU turns 1 in September and CIC turns 1 in December, so I'll cancel one or both of these if/when I go for CIP3 if the CIPpy cup doth continues to floweth.

I've only got a Marriott Biz and CIU in my account, plus technically the closed CIP1 I guess. No weird response when I asked for it to be expedited though, so I think we're ok. I don't think I have the guts to go for a CIP3 for either of us. I've never gotten a CIC and DH hasn't gotten a CIU, so I could go for one of those eventually. I'd like to eventually branch out to something like the United cards for us too and diversify our airline miles a little bit.

Dh put a lot of spend on his Hilton Biz over the weekend so all we've got is that and the CIP to work on right now. I say that's all we've got, but that's 8k worth of spend lol. I've got my eye on a Jetblue card from Barclays if they'll approve me after I cancel Aviator Biz though. I'd really like to get more Jetblue points without transferring URs since we're definitely planning on an Orlando trip over the winter.

I thought about expediting DW's CIP3, but she's sitting on a CIU, CIC, and 2 CIPs on the same account, so I decided against any risk of eyes on her account...
I think this is a sound strategy. I would recommend others follow suit. I’ve never really needed a card expedited personally because I always try to plan ahead and spread out my apps to match my expenses (and I acknowledge that I’m crazy detailed with my planning on that front). But in general with the CIPpy cup, I’d be even more hesitant to request expedited cards. The less eyes on your account with multiple CIPs the better IMO!

I must be doing something wrong. Citi denied me earlier this year for "too many recent inquiries". So I just applied for DH and he got an instant denial as well. I won't know why until it gets here. I'm seriously so frustrated! I can't imagine why they have denied us both.

My DH has been denied twice from them ( 2 different reasons), While I have been approved twice. I wish I knew what was up with them... Going to try for DH again after 95 days has passed from last application.

AmEx offers, nothing new for travel that I noticed but

Vineyard Vines, Spend $150 get $30, exp 9/3

And of course, I just spent $150 there yesterday. Literally. And my youngest DD just wore some of the clothes today so there goes, taking them back and rebuying. Oh well, at least its good till 9/3.

So I want to use some of my Chase Ultimate Rewards to pay for a flight. Last time I just purchased the flight from Jet Blue and applied a statement credit but I think I wasn't maximizing my points. Is it better to go through the portal?

And of course, I just spent $150 there yesterday. Literally. And my youngest DD just wore some of the clothes today so there goes, taking them back and rebuying. Oh well, at least its good till 9/3.
Why couldn’t you still re-purchase since you would be returning the brand new with the old receipt since they should have the same item number? I did that during their sale when I later found them cheaper.

So I seem to have gotten an unexpected bonus on my transfer of MR to Qantas in anticipation of booking my Japan flights for next year. There is currently a 20% transfer bonus going on from MR to Qantas. So in order to have enough Qantas miles in my account to book both our outbound and return flights, I transferred 640,000 MR to Qantas, which gave me 768,000 Qantas miles. But now I have 921,600 Qantas miles in my account, and line items that reflect the MR transfers (which had the 20% bonus built in) and line items indicating "Card Transfer Bonus". The upshot is that I got a 20% bonus on the 768,000 Qantas miles I got by transferring 640,000 MR (which already had a 20% bonus). @CaliforniaGirl09 can attest that receiving duplicate or additional items beyond what I order and pay for is one of my superpowers, and it appears to have struck again! I will be curious to see if Qantas catches this and corrects....

Did you get the email from Qantas that said:

"Dear XXXXXX,

For the first-time, you can transfer your American Express® Membership Rewards points into Qantas Points.

And for a limited time, earn 20% more Qantas Points when you transfer your American Express Membership Rewards points to Qantas Points*. Offer ends 30 June 2019.

Now your American Express® card can take you that extra mile."

Or maybe you didn't even need to get the email! :thumbsup2

FrequentMiler reported on the stacking possibility, and one comment verified that it stacked for them. That's a really nice haul!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!