I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the email from Qantas that said:

"Dear XXXXXX,

For the first-time, you can transfer your American Express® Membership Rewards points into Qantas Points.

And for a limited time, earn 20% more Qantas Points when you transfer your American Express Membership Rewards points to Qantas Points*. Offer ends 30 June 2019.

Now your American Express® card can take you that extra mile."

Or maybe you didn't even need to get the email! :thumbsup2

FrequentMiler reported on the stacking possibility, and one comment verified that it stacked for them. That's a really nice haul!

Nope! Never got an email like that, but that would explain my windfall. And I'm apparently a DP that those offers do stack :)

So I seem to have gotten an unexpected bonus on my transfer of MR to Qantas in anticipation of booking my Japan flights for next year. There is currently a 20% transfer bonus going on from MR to Qantas. So in order to have enough Qantas miles in my account to book both our outbound and return flights, I transferred 640,000 MR to Qantas, which gave me 768,000 Qantas miles. But now I have 921,600 Qantas miles in my account, and line items that reflect the MR transfers (which had the 20% bonus built in) and line items indicating "Card Transfer Bonus". The upshot is that I got a 20% bonus on the 768,000 Qantas miles I got by transferring 640,000 MR (which already had a 20% bonus). @CaliforniaGirl09 can attest that receiving duplicate or additional items beyond what I order and pay for is one of my superpowers, and it appears to have struck again! I will be curious to see if Qantas catches this and corrects....
I can indeed, and that sounds like someone up there wants you and DH to fly in first???? That's how I'd take it :)

Why couldn’t you still re-purchase since you would be returning the brand new with the old receipt since they should have the same item number? I did that during their sale when I later found them cheaper.

Like a price adjustment? I think they will do that but I would have to return and then re-buy the same item which I'm not sure if they would do since some of the clothes have been worn (and stained already :crazy2: ) . To be honest, I usually never buy that much there but she found some swimsuits that modest enough for me and that she liked so I wasn't going to argue. Who knows we might end of getting more there before 9/3.

Ok, my brain is apparently having difficulties right now..I can't find the referral link for my CIP on the Chase page. I'm trying to refer my husband so he, mhmm, can apply for a CIP. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, when I get the link I can just paste it in a new browser and use if from there can't I?

Last edited:

Ok, my brain is apparently having difficulties right now..I can't find the referral link for my CIP on the Chase page. I'm trying to refer my husband so he, mhmm, can apply for a CIP. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, when I get the link I can just paste it in a new browser and use if from there can't I?
You can generate a link at https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
I copied the link and moved to an incognito browser to apply this morning. Incognito may not be necessary, I've been having browser issues lately with various sites.

Like a price adjustment? I think they will do that but I would have to return and then re-buy the same item which I'm not sure if they would do since some of the clothes have been worn (and stained already :crazy2: ) . To be honest, I usually never buy that much there but she found some swimsuits that modest enough for me and that she liked so I wasn't going to argue. Who knows we might end of getting more there before 9/3.
Sort of, it's what people would do before everyone made price adjustments common. You'd add the offer to your AmEx card, then buy the same exact clothes on a new transaction which triggers the discount. Now you would take these NWT, unstained clothes and return them using the old receipt. You keep the worn clothes but still get the discount because of the new transaction. Hope that makes sense.

The problem with the United Explorer card -- at least the personal one -- is the best offer right now is 50k United miles and it'll take up a */24 slot, whereas UR transfers to UA 1:1, so a CIC or CIU will net you the same 50k UA miles (via 50k UR) and the CIP w/support will get you a combined 100k UR without taking up a */slot. The United card does get you a free checked bag for you and a companion on the same reservation, but you need to pay for your tickets with the Explorer card. Paying for your tickets with the CSR might give you more peace of mind with better travel insurance (and 3x UR on travel). One thing I do like about the United Explorer card (even when you downgrade to the fee free version after a year) is access to expanded award availability.

Thanks! It isn't something I've looked into carefully, so that's good to know.

Sort of, it's what people would do before everyone made price adjustments common. You'd add the offer to your AmEx card, then buy the same exact clothes on a new transaction which triggers the discount. Now you would take these NWT, unstained clothes and return them using the old receipt. You keep the worn clothes but still get the discount because of the new transaction. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, that makes perfect sense! I might try that, I don't know why I was missing that before. Thanks!

You can generate a link at https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all
I copied the link and moved to an incognito browser to apply this morning. Incognito may not be necessary, I've been having browser issues lately with various sites.

Thank you! Immediate pending for DH, now the waiting game begins...and the sailing because of course, I will be sailing the automated line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter