I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PolyRob what did you decide for your plat airline credit? JetBlue or SW?
I didn't select one yet, but I am probably going with JetBlue. I can't pack light and need checked bags so I will actually use it between October and December on multiple tickets. I have Blue fares booked via URs and figured the bags will be free this way. I am just delaying because I have time if something changes.

No you don't. DH is not an AU on any of my Chase cards. I am not an AU on any of his Chase cards. Here is how DH can transfer his URs to my United account.

His CSR UR points transferred to my CSR account. Then I transfer those UR points to my United account. We have done this both ways, his to mine and mine to his more times than I can count. Again, I am not and never have been an AU on any of his cards. He has not and never has been an AU on any of mine. Hope that helps.

It works because you both have CSR accounts. If I remove myself from dh's CSR I no longer have a sapphire account. I can move my Freedom URs to his CSR account but then it will not allow me to move his URs to my United account only to his United account. That is why I put myself on his CSR as an AU. I HAD a CSP but product changed it to a CF without thinking of these ramifications.

I need to be able to move dh's URs to my United account. I cannot do that unless I am either an AU on his account or have my own Sapphire account where I could move our URs between the two accounts. I'm trying to buy tickets with my United MileagePlus account, not through the UR portal.

You can do this through your CIP. You don't need a Sapphire card at all.

It works because you both have CSR accounts. If I remove myself from dh's CSR I no longer have a sapphire account. I can move my Freedom URs to his CSR account but then it will not allow me to move his URs to my United account only to his United account. That is why I put myself on his CSR as an AU. I HAD a CSP but product changed it to a CF without thinking of these ramifications.

Right. But once you have a CIP, then your DH can transfer his CSR UR points to your CIP account. You can then transfer the points in your CIP account to your United account.

Right. But once you have a CIP, then your DH can transfer his CSR UR points to your CIP account. You can then transfer the points in your CIP account to your United account.

Yeah I think the best route if to remove myself as AU on dh's CSR and (as suggested) and apply for the CIP. If denied just product change my CF back to CSP.

DH applied for the IHG status match and it said it would take a week or two to let him know if it worked. But yes I figure why not try? With Choice, yes it seems like waiting until July 1 would be the right way to go so we will wait. The Choice affiliate we booked looks pretty nice (and there's an even nicer and more expensive one nearby) but it's not in the US. They seem to have many, many to choose from in Scandinavia, ranging from budget to luxury hotels.

Didn’t realize you were talking about Europe! Yes, I think @afan has mentioned that Choice Hotels in Europe are much nicer. So maybe a status match will give you a little bit of a better room!

Yeah I think the best route if to remove myself as AU on dh's CSR and (as suggested) and apply for the CIP. If denied just product change my CF back to CSP.

Make sure the AU is removed from your credit reports too, not just closing the card with Chase. If it’s still on your credit report, it still counts even if it’s “closed.”

@Alexle2007 we did the Oasis and drink package in Feb. Watch for sales around holiday weekends - like the 4th or Labor Day. We did the one with the zoom internet package and it comes with a refillable mug you could give to your husband or son. You can also get bottled water from the bar so that saves on the cost too. I would try to get a waiver for him. Just don’t get the every other day beer for him in the dining hall. If your by the pool and you order it and hand it to him I don’t think anyone would blink twice.
@disneymagicgirl the mcgc currently works at 1% on Plastiq. If you have a high grocery cb card it could be beneficial to do on a regular basis. My math is about 2.8% with freedom 5x grocery and 1.7% back with PGR. I wait for a little incentive my s+s gives gas points occasionally or Shaw’s will give extra off the fee

I had a few issues trying to book Hyatt Regency Vancouver pre and post cruise. . No points rooms available for Saturday night (needed Sat-Mon) until finally I was able to book Friday thru Monday then call and had them drop Friday because ‘plans changed’ Never found any availability for the one night we needed post cruise. We did get upgraded at check in.

I had the AF due on my Marriott Amex, then downgraded. I ended up paying it because they didn’t credit the AF until after the bill was due, so I had a $400 credit . I chatted with them and asked for it to be applied to my balance on Hilton Amex. Took a few days but they did it.

Check BJs. I think they have a promo now.

Did this work with MC or Visa? I have my CU as club and got denied for Amex.
Do you have to be a member? We’ve never used BJs before

Preview events tend to go well. Pandora preview was with online reservations if memory serves.

I'm hoping to get that shirt too but I'm not headed back to WDW until August. I also want the ornament. I picked up the tee shirt and ornament for the Osborne Festival of Lights farewell too. I think this will now be a tradition. Tee shirt and ornament for the farewells of each of my favorite things :sad1:

Will do, and I'll request the same.
Do you mean they run smoothly or the reservations are gone fast?

No, only the platinum plus (or purchasing the water parks pass) would include it. Probably best to get the platinum plus then, especially with the SWGE news!
Yes I think so! Dh is a little hesitant to get it right away but I think we need to have it activated and ready to go so we make can make reservations for the preview. They also just said if you go to the villain dah (which I want to go to) you get a special hades ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!