I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really fed up with Disney right now: the hike in AP prices, the ticketed events, and the soon to be paid FPS. I like the rides better at wdw but Tokyo Disney does literally everything else better.

That’s what I’ve heard. Can’t wait to check it out.

If you request a replacement card because you say it’s lost (vs. damaged), Amex will send you a new card with a different number, usually where the last four digits are 2xxx vs 1xxx.

I hate Amex’s numbering system too, because I have like 4 cards ending in 1007 and another 2 ending in 1006. I’m not even skittish about putting that info out there because I’m sure most of you have Amex cards with these same last four digits.
Their number system is not user friendly to us with multiple cards. I was going to post mine but just habit not to but yea...1001 makes it tricky. I was thinking about doing a lost card on one of them just to get the bump to 2xxx. Easier for sure.

Wow, and the transfer of my RCCL cruise to the Loyalty Travel Agency (aka Chase) was super quick! RCCL has already notified me that the transfer is complete. And boo, on RCCL, I saw they changed their drink policy so if you are the Ultimate Drink Package, every adult needs to purchase in the room and you can’t just one adult. $950 for DH and I. Pretty sure, we would drink no where near that amount so I guess we’ll pay as we go.

It is really annoying, though I understand why they did it. DH loves the drink package, but I don't drink at all so not worth it if we both have to get it. On our next cruise, we're in one room and kids are in another. I'm thinking of changing it to one adult in each room, hoping to get around the drink package thing that way. So DH will be the only adult (technically) in his state room and can get it himself.

Cumberland Farms where I am sells the VGCs and it codes as gas. Their fee is only $4.95 compared to most grocery stores at $5.95. Capped out my Discover in May as my first year was ending.

I need to find something like that near me. I wonder if Wawa sells gift cards.

I now regret not buying VGC when it came out. At the time, we weren't going to DLR as often as we are now.

I would love to go there, but WDW is much easier for us to get too. I told my DH if there is a downturn again someday in the resale market I want to buy more points but for now we are ok, it’s only when our kids go with us that we burn through a lot more! 1,000 sounds like a lovely number though 😍

Ugh, that is a lot! We were not going to renew platinum anyways, wonder how much the gold has gone up?? I was going to renew to gold when we go down in November. But I also have some AP certificates to use too, hadn’t decided yet which way to go,

It looks like the Gold went up $90. Not great but a lot better than the $225 of Platinum. It makes me even happier I finally pulled the trigger and got into DVC last year. When you times by 5 the direct DVC has definitely been worth it.

I would be mad but I also wouldn’t care a whole lot. It would be really nice to put the spend toward a new MSR which we can’t have until after closing on our house. I guess we’ll see how things pan out. I do have a question and I’m not sure if you know the answer or not: when we go to Disney springs will we have to pay to park or will our voucher for the APs work?

It's paid parking at Disney Springs now???? I thought that was only valet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!