I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds a lot like what my dh's policy will be but he says he sends in his receipts each week for reimbursement and then he pays the bill. This is from one of the forms he filled out " i have the opportunity to participate in the Membership Rewards program and I understand that if the bill is not paid on time, my points will be forfeited. They may be reinstated for $29 per cycle" and he had to check he agreed to this. No fee he said.

He has to use the company card as well.

I think he will book through a company called Concur. Think they are affliated with Amex.
Since that says "I have the opportunity to participate" it kind of sounds like a boilerplate card agreement and it might not mention fees in that. It's been so long since I had mine I don't recall exactly where the fees and opt-in were. I mostly remember because my company added it to the official travel policy that the AmEx fee was not reimbursable under any circumstances, no matter what type of approval you sought, the CEO himself wouldn't approve company reimbursement for it. (And it extra stuck in my head after a few co-workers gave it a try anyway and were semi-surprised when it didn't slip past 😆)

Again, I'd double check about the fee, but if not that'd be sweeeeet :teeth:
Yes, that is the same system I use! When you call they do say “Amex Travel” so it makes sense.

They also attach a special agent fee on every. single. call. and. change. It drives me nuts!

Maybe my company opted out of the option for the MRs. Ours was all handled online back when I first got hired.
Yeah, ours did that too. We had a $5 booking fee for using the portal, it was higher if you had to book your flight over the phone; I fortunately didn't have to change any flights so I can only imagine that fee. I'm trying to figure how much they paid annually to use the program and then be charged a booking fee for every trip booked. In our case it was small dollar amount, but over the number of trips that we generated in a year? 🤑 We should have had a waaaay better portal interface for that kind of bank.

If anyone is interested, the Sams Platinum pass is $865.99 before tax and $924.78 after tax.
Compared to Disney at $1,119 before tax and $1,191.75 after tax.

The renewal was $808 and change for me, and will now be $1,012.98 for my family. A difference between a new Platinum pass at Sams and discounted renewal of $88.2 per person. If I use Disney gift cards that were more than 10% off, the renewal is "cheaper," but the new pass will actually provide flexibility. I can reset the start date of my sister's and mother's pass. They would get more life out of it. Decisions...

I am glad I have an expired Sams membership. It still lets me log-in and make it to checkout. I wonder if I can actually purchase without a membership?! If I have to pay that also decreases the savings.
I just did this for DS since he can't get DVC prices anymore. I had told him before I would split the Plat renewal price with him, so I still did that, but it's still cheaper than even a 4 day hopper, for each of us, an he really wants to go again next year with a friend.

If anyone is interested, the Sams Platinum pass is $865.99 before tax and $924.78 after tax.

The renewal was $808 and change for me, and will now be $1,012.98 for my family. A difference between a new Platinum pass at Sams and discounted renewal of $88.2 per person. If I use Disney gift cards that were more than 10% off, the renewal is "cheaper," but the new pass will actually provide flexibility. I can reset the start date of my sister's and mother's pass. They would get more life out of it. Decisions...

I am glad I have an expired Sams membership. It still lets me log-in and make it to checkout. I wonder if I can actually purchase without a membership?! If I have to pay that also decreases the savings.
Wait, so the Plat Pass from Sam's is cheaper than the renewal?? That is crazy! I was going to renew my pass at the end of December. I wonder how long Sam's will have this pricing. Could I buy it and not activate it? I do get Disney GCs more than 10% off but usually use them for food. So many things to consider now...

Wait, so the Plat Pass from Sam's is cheaper than the renewal?? That is crazy! I was going to renew my pass at the end of December. I wonder how long Sam's will have this pricing. Could I buy it and not activate it? I do get Disney GCs more than 10% off but usually use them for food. So many things to consider now...
Yes for now. Still more than the old renewal, but cheaper than the new renewal, which went up over $200!

I had a mini-heart attack thinking Chase was going 1/90. Glad to see it just adds clarity to how long the MSR period is.

We already recommend waiting 3 months between Chase apps anyway, but some people go faster and that kind of change would make something like the MDD impossible.

LOL sorry, I didn't even think of it that way! I think most of us hit our MSRs pretty fast anyways, so probably not a big deal here. Better safe than sorry.

Remind me who you're booking for flights? Can't remember if you're ANA or not. I'm planning to fly in for the second week of the Olympics.

I can handle that...

We are planning to book JAL with Qantas miles. I hired Juicy Miles to book for me since we will be in Africa when our booking windows open. (We’re at BOI now, waiting for our SW flight to San Jose. We fly out to Africa from SFO tomorrow night.).

How do you do this? Do I have to be logged in? I would actually do this if we can get the platinum pass
Yes, log-in to Sams and go to "Travel & Services," "Travel & Entertainment." Then search for "annual pass" and "Walt Disney World Annual Passes" and "Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Passes" comes up. Good luck!!

I’m wondering this as well. Any idea when these expire? Also I’m guessing since this is a voucher you wouldn’t be able to book FP because they won’t be active until your first use?

I’m loving this DVC talk though lol I’d love to see the questions and answers from the pros if people don’t mind.
If you or @wendow want to PM me, I can try and help.
My dh is filling out info for his new job. He has to apply for an Amex corporate card (guessing not a small biz card) and he will be managing the card and responsible for paying the bill. He has to pay the bill and then submit for reimbursement. Is that weird?!?! Do y'all think he will earn MR's from a corporate card?

Also, he had to fill out something about which loyalty program he wants his airline and car rental miles to go towards. He put in SW. So, it seems no matter what company he earns miles from will be credited as SW. What!?!

Anyone have a setup like this with your company?
Seems like a lot of companies you are responsible for the card payments and you get reimbursed. My DW has one that the company will pay the bill and the coding is all done via an App on one of her phones. If the purchase isn't "valid for payment" then she needs to pay it herself.

My wife has the major airlines setup from our home airport in Providence and one or two car places. I think they send it out to the travel companies so it is stored. I'm sure there are a lot of variations as to how different companies to business. Nice to get the miles/nights from the travel for sure!

In addition to the AP increase, I saw on FB earlier that parking at the resorts has also gone up. $25/night now for Deluxe. Absolutely ridiculous.
I saw that too. Doesn't affect me, but still insane! Although we paid $38 a night in St. Louis last month. That was awful too, but at least the room was on points.

Yeah, ours did that too. We had a $5 booking fee for using the portal, it was higher if you had to book your flight over the phone; I fortunately didn't have to change any flights so I can only imagine that fee. I'm trying to figure how much they paid annually to use the program and then be charged a booking fee for every trip booked. In our case it was small dollar amount, but over the number of trips that we generated in a year? 🤑 We should have had a waaaay better portal interface for that kind of bank.
Yes! So annoying that online incurred it too! I wanted to change a flight and was like ummm I can save our company money by doing it externally through the airline, but I had to call and pay because I booked two different airlines to and from because it was cheaper to stay within the policy. SMH SMH

I just did this for DS since he can't get DVC prices anymore. I had told him before I would split the Plat renewal price with him, so I still did that, but it's still cheaper than even a 4 day hopper, for each of us, an he really wants to go again next year with a friend.
That is great! I just purchased one for my sister because I know for a fact she cannot come until October and it buys her a few extra months!

Yup! How said is that? I was hesitant, but texted my sister and she firmly said "do it" so it went towards my Plat MSR. LOL

I’m wondering this as well. Any idea when these expire? Also I’m guessing since this is a voucher you wouldn’t be able to book FP because they won’t be active until your first use?
I do not believe the certificates expire. For example, you can go online and purchase 5 and keep them for the future to save yourself from price increases. Now I would never because that is a TON of $$$ up front, but it can be done. Also, you should be able to book AP rate hotel rooms and book FP+ with vouchers. People buy them before their trips online and reserve FP+ and rooms and do not activate until they arrive. If these are different in ANY way, I will stop at every guest relations window next week and figure out how to get it active for my sister so she can use it, but I do not think it will come to that.

I will report back on what the e-mail says when I get it and how the MDE linking process goes!

When I called to remove them I asked if they would fall off my credit report and she said yes, in 30 days. I should still SM to make sure, though. Thx.

And regarding your AU removals. I believe you need to contact the three credit bureaus after you're removed (not Chase) and request removal from your report. Otherwise you're stuck waiting to see if they drop off, and hoping that they actually do.

@Etonduf - Chase will remove reference to closed AU accounts on Chase-issued cards from your credit reports with all the major credit bureaus to which they report if you request it and mention it's closed, you're no longer financially responsible for it, and have never been financially responsible for the account.

I've personally done it via SM for some of my DW's errant AUs, and I've recommended doing this to a number of people here with success. Sending one SM to Chase is generally easier than disputing accounts with the 3 big bureaus. If a Chase rep gives you a hard time, then directly disputing the AU accounts with Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion might be necessary, but I'd still start with a request to Chase first.

I saw that too. Doesn't affect me, but still insane! Although we paid $38 a night in St. Louis last month. That was awful too, but at least the room was on points.

We booked our November trip last year right before the parking fees started, which worked out well since we were driving down. I abhor paying for parking, so as long as nonstop flights on Jetblue hold out from RIC, that's what I'll be doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter