I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for AA dining the other day and put in DH's new Hilton Biz. I looked at the restaurants and realized it's placed we never eat at it, but just figured I'd leave it in case we came across anything. I just got an email saying that 137 miles would be deposited in my account because DH ate at some restaurant on the list while in MA this past weekend!

You may wish to organize the information in a spreadsheet, if that's not what you're already doing. Lot of people just make their own in Excel or Google Sheets. I use this template from reddit:

It will make your life a lot easier.

And regarding your AU removals. I believe you need to contact the three credit bureaus after you're removed (not Chase) and request removal from your report. Otherwise you're stuck waiting to see if they drop off, and hoping that they actually do.

This is great! I was wondering if anyone tracks their point balances month to month? I would like to start doing that, but not sure what the best way to keep it is? I'm ok with spreadsheets and can set them up, but not great at the big picture of how they should be set up!

I guess I was thinking either the month across the top and each program down the left side -- or could do the opposite with the programs across the top and the month on the left. Maybe it doesn't even matter. I do tend to overthink things!!

I've never been really good at keeping track of points, just aiming to get what I needed to get me somewhere, but a couple of months ago I got an email from Southwest thanking me for using my points to book a flight, but I didn't book a flight. They corrected it immediately and put my points back in my account, but if my email had gone to spam or something, I possibly wouldn't have even known.

Dh was approved for the Amex corporate card and the note from I guess the HR lady included this:

"AMEX Membership Rewards enables you to retain your points. The $90 membership fee is not a company reimbursed expense."

Seems worth doing...I guess...I think he will spend at least 10k in a year but this is all new to us.

Cash advance issues aside, the issue that I see is you're trying to pay a HELOC via Plastiq using a Visa. Plastiq treats HELOCs like a mortgage, and Plastiq doesn't allow use of Visas to pay either. Do you have a MC that you could use?
Yes, Have a Citi AA MC. Was totally caught up in thinking about growing UR stash and forgot about the visa mortgage restriction. Thanks!

Help! No idea what I did but this thread no longer shows up in the budget board for me. What did I accidentally hit since I'm on my phone.

Nope, the only thing hot has been oatmeal. Cereal, fruit, bread type things.
Boo! I guess cereal and fruit will have to do. Thank goodness I booked the Renaissance now since they have an awesome buffet! He’ll have to get his bacon fix on then.

I need to find something like that near me. I wonder if Wawa sells gift cards.
Wawa will probably be a YMMV. They do, definitely 3rd party, fuzzy on V/MC GC, BUT around here they are cash/debit only now for those. Not sure if it went regional or corporate wide so you'd have to check your locations.(You can still buy Wawa GCs with a CC if you need to stock up on Shorties :laughing: ) And mine have split their pumps from the stores. Pumps code as gas, the stores usually code as supermarket/grocery I think.
I did a test purchase of a drink when I got my gas :laughing: so I'll let you know how it codes when it moves from pending.

I did not see any signs stating cash/debit only around the GCs at my nearest location.

You still got a deal! Honestly, I'm amazed at your balancing act today and believe you basically deserve a national holiday in your honor for snagging those passes at an acceptable rate while dealing with the moving day from hell!
Lol thank you. I did email sam’s Just now but I doubt they can do anything since I already linked the passes. The Florida resident pass would’ve saved us around $300 😢

I had a mini-heart attack thinking Chase was going 1/90. Glad to see it just adds clarity to how long the MSR period is.

We already recommend waiting 3 months between Chase apps anyway, but some people go faster and that kind of change would make something like the MDD impossible.

This was me as well when I saw the headline on DOC. Click bait DOC :P

That is great! I just purchased one for my sister because I know for a fact she cannot come until October and it buys her a few extra months!

Yup! How said is that? I was hesitant, but texted my sister and she firmly said "do it" so it went towards my Plat MSR. LOL

I do not believe the certificates expire. For example, you can go online and purchase 5 and keep them for the future to save yourself from price increases. Now I would never because that is a TON of $$$ up front, but it can be done. Also, you should be able to book AP rate hotel rooms and book FP+ with vouchers. People buy them before their trips online and reserve FP+ and rooms and do not activate until they arrive. If these are different in ANY way, I will stop at every guest relations window next week and figure out how to get it active for my sister so she can use it, but I do not think it will come to that.

I will report back on what the e-mail says when I get it and how the MDE linking process goes!
Sams Club Platinum Pass update!

Got the AP at the discounted rate with an expired Sams club membership. "Will Call" e-mail came 15 minutes after placing the order. Tried to link in MDE app and it said it could not do it and I had to go online. Went online and linked in less than 60 seconds.

The pass is 100% transferrable and it says it expires "12/31/30" in MDE. I can also use it to book FP+ right now. I know because I have a resort reservation in anticipation for SWGE after her AP expires and its letting me confirm FP+ selections 30-60 days out.

SO excited! Good luck everyone!

You can definitely park as many vouchers as you like on MDE. The 2030 expiry is solely a placeholder. Vouchers do not expire.

- says the person who sat/is sitting on 2 sets of vouchers (activated one set two weeks ago) and one set of 7D non-expiring PHs that were all purchased two years ago with the expectation this day was on the horizon. Also, toying with doing the Sam’s deal to lock in one more set (then I’m pretty much done) since we don’t have kids yet and can float this.

Can put this towards DH’s CIP2 or the upgraded Biz Plat 2 (formerly Biz Green prior to this am).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter