I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effective 6/1/18 Plastiq announced some changes to using personal Visa credit cards, and many personal Visa cards will be treated as a cash advance, while some personal Visa cards will limit you to 20% of your credit limit. The following cards will not be affected:

• Capital One personal VISA credit card
  • Visa business, corporate, debit, and prepaid cards
  • American Express*, Mastercard, Discover & JCB cards
Cards that are affected can be found listed here: https://plastiq.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005215254

Thanks for that - good to know. I just used Plastiq for the first time - paying off my $1400 car loan with my dh's CSR. His limit is 35k. It looks like I wouldn't trigger the cash advance for any pmt under 20% of that limit which is 7k. Whew.

I have tickets I bought from UCT and are linked to us in MDE. If I buy just one of the AP's from Sam's and link it to me, what happens to my old ticket? I know this is a total noob question lol. We just have never had an AP. If I link it to MDE, is it then activated and time starts ticking?

:wave2:from the PHL Admirals Club. We hopped here from the Centurion Lounge- AA Lounge is 5x bigger and has more of everything 😄 except whining children clamoring for Chic Fil A😂. I’m full of made to order guac and chili—you can take the girl out of Texas...
Anyway, Mom, DD and I will be boarding our plane for BUD in about an hour. I’m interested on comparing AA Biz to Delta Biz and then my flight home is on United so I’ll be a little more familiar with the awards I’m chasing😄 DD and DM will be flying in Biz over the Atlantic for the first time so hopefully I’m not creating a couple more plane princesses!

Wow my CIP just showed up! Usually it’s 2 business days to my house. This will be great since we’re heading to PA for a horse show tomorrow night and this horse show association actually lets you pay with a CC, which is super rare! I’m going to pay off two of my Disney reservations now. I don’t think I have quite enough URs for the last one, but should once I get the support bonus.

Waiting for a couple of things to post -
1. My referral of DH to a CIP2. Approved last Monday 6/10. My 20k not showing as pending today. I had a snafu with the website, ended up in incognito so I hope the referral stuck.
2. My Barcalay Aviator statement closes on 6/20 and I hope to see my SUB. Had a rough time with them with a late payment and confusion on my end due to their HORRIBLE INTERFACE so hopeful I get the bonus and never have to see this card again until I cancel in a year. If it doesn’t post, I have til 6/30 so will have to dig into what happened. Card was approved 3/30.
3. My DH met his CIP spend yesterday between tuition and Disney. Looking forward to start boasting our anemic UR stash.

I have tickets I bought from UCT and are linked to us in MDE. If I buy just one of the AP's from Sam's and link it to me, what happens to my old ticket? I know this is a total noob question lol. We just have never had an AP. If I link it to MDE, is it then activated and time starts ticking?

The voucher remains in voucher status until you activate it at GR. You could hold onto it for as many years as you’d like. However, you maintain the same AP privileges as far as FP and room/tickets discounts during the planning phase. The clock doesn’t tick on vouchers until it’s an active AP, hence I have/had 2 sets :)

As far as your old tickets, you can either keep them on your profile in MDE and make sure Disney prioritizes them for you before scanning in, or you can avoid talking to a CM by creating a new profile for a fake family member on your MDE and reassign/park your UCT tickets to that profile as a placeholder. You can reassign them back to yourself in the future when you are ready to use them eventually (reassign them before expiration since I assume they are date based perhaps after you activate your APs).

The voucher remains in voucher status until you activate it at GR. You could hold onto it for as many years as you’d like. However, you maintain the same AP privileges as far as FP and room/tickets discounts during the planning phase. The clock doesn’t tick on vouchers until it’s an active AP, hence I have/had 2 sets :)
Another newbie-ish APer here- so I can enter the park and the system will use my currently activated AP without have to prioritize anything since my voucher won't work for park entry until GR "activates" it?

So I had your earlier quote queued up and then :squirrel: but I would have thought you'd get hit with the 10% non member fee. But I see you didn't?!? That's pretty sweet. I tried buying a Sam's GC from a non-member account and it added 10% on to it. :sad2: I thought gone were the days of random things working without an active membership. Good to know there's still the occasional blip :)
Yes, I was completely shocked! It would have been a "moo" point if that 10% was added, but I got all the way to checkout and it was fine. Maybe because it was through the travel site? Glad I still remembered my log-in back from... 2013? LOL

Rakutan said 1.5 but we shall see if it actually credits.
I also tried. I see "travel" is excluded with Sams, but it can't hurt to try!

Where do you go on Sam's website to buy?
Log-in to Sams and go to "Travel & Services," "Travel & Entertainment." Then search for "annual pass" and "Walt Disney World Annual Passes" and "Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Passes" comes up. Good luck!!

Linked our annual passes and just got on the road for Florida. Moving company was supposed to come 2-2:30 and surprise surprise they weren’t there. Guy who bought our house is there waiting for them
So glad you got them! Hopefully Sam's can adjust for FL resident. If not, its still less than it would be now! I was given the incorrect tickets from a third party one time and they poofed from MDE and new ones appeared so stranger things have happened. Safe travels!!

Anyone trying to maximize this 1.5% plastiq promo? Thinking of trying to send a payment to my heloc for 10k and then pulling that same amount out to pay the bill. @SouthFayetteFan did you end up doing this?
I don’t think my account or my wife’s account picked up the 1.5% promo. I’m using up some FFDs right now anyways though :)
Waiting for a couple of things to post -
1. My referral of DH to a CIP2. Approved last Monday 6/10. My 20k not showing as pending today. I had a snafu with the website, ended up in incognito so I hope the referral stuck.
2. My Barcalay Aviator statement closes on 6/20 and I hope to see my SUB. Had a rough time with them with a late payment and confusion on my end due to their HORRIBLE INTERFACE so hopeful I get the bonus and never have to see this card again until I cancel in a year. If it doesn’t post, I have til 6/30 so will have to dig into what happened. Card was approved 3/30.
3. My DH met his CIP spend yesterday between tuition and Disney. Looking forward to start boasting our anemic UR stash.
FYI - support points haven’t gone pending for the week yet (at least I don’t think they have). I wouldn’t assume you didn’t get the points until you don’t see them tomorrow morning. They can post very late on Tuesday sometimes.

I signed up for AA dining the other day and put in DH's new Hilton Biz. I looked at the restaurants and realized it's placed we never eat at it, but just figured I'd leave it in case we came across anything. I just got an email saying that 137 miles would be deposited in my account because DH ate at some restaurant on the list while in MA this past weekend!

I've advocated AA (or your airline of choice) rewards dining here several times. It's a great way to keep you points active and passively earn points. You only need to go out of your way to get the bonus for becoming part of the network once. After that you can either use it as a way to try out new places or passively earn miles or hotel points. Once DH gained VIP status and I moved my cards over to his account. Now when I eat somewhere without him that is part of the network it earns 4x on my Amex Rose gold and 5x AA miles. Finding you earned extra miles is always a nice surprise!

Yes, I was completely shocked! It would have been a "moo" point if that 10% was added, but I got all the way to checkout and it was fine. Maybe because it was through the travel site? Glad I still remembered my log-in back from... 2013? LOL

I also tried. I see "travel" is excluded with Sams, but it can't hurt to try!

Log-in to Sams and go to "Travel & Services," "Travel & Entertainment." Then search for "annual pass" and "Walt Disney World Annual Passes" and "Walt Disney World Florida Resident Annual Passes" comes up. Good luck!!

So glad you got them! Hopefully Sam's can adjust for FL resident. If not, its still less than it would be now! I was given the incorrect tickets from a third party one time and they poofed from MDE and new ones appeared so stranger things have happened. Safe travels!!
Thank you for giving me hope! The guy who bought our house said the movers finally came at 3:20....phew. I’m glad they got things today and didn’t put it off. We are about an hour and a half away from home so not very far yet. The cats have been doing so good!! (Knock on wood) Dh and I haven’t been talking because when we talk they meow. We have no music on either so we’ve literally been sitting in silence lol

Thank you for giving me hope! The guy who bought our house said the movers finally came at 3:20....phew. I’m glad they got things today and didn’t put it off. We are about an hour and a half away from home so not very far yet. The cats have been doing so good!! (Knock on wood) Dh and I haven’t been talking because when we talk they meow. We have no music on either so we’ve literally been sitting in silence lol
I always drive in silence. Some of my best churning strategies come from quiet hours in the car LOL!

As far as your old tickets, you can either keep them on your profile in MDE and make sure Disney prioritizes them for you before scanning in, or you can avoid talking to a CM by creating a new profile for a fake family member on your MDE and reassign/park your UCT tickets to that profile as a placeholder. You can reassign them back to yourself in the future when you are ready to use them eventually (reassign them before expiration since I assume they are date based perhaps after you activate your APs).
Thank you!! I'm still confused on the old tickets. I thought once tickets were linked, they could not be transferred or reassigned? My aunt is going in Nov and says she'd buy our old tickets from me. Can I reassign them to their family?

Just read this on one of the Disney fan FB groups regarding APs

Because people asked, these are the AAA rates for annual passes. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THE PRICE HIKE.
With TAX included
FL Silver: $509.06
FL Weekday: $338.99
FL Theme Park Select: $466.46
FL Gold: $621.95
FL Platinum: $765.72
FL Gold Renewal: $548.74
Can be bought over the phone if you call the number on your card. You can buy the renewal (it’s a certificate) even if you aren’t up for renewal yet. AAA membership starts at $30.

Don't know if this might help someone.

ETA: I think the offer is for FL residents and some in the southern states.

Last edited:
Just read this on one of the Disney fan FB groups regarding APs

Because people asked, these are the AAA rates for annual passes. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THE PRICE HIKE.
With TAX included
FL Silver: $509.06
FL Weekday: $338.99
FL Theme Park Select: $466.46
FL Gold: $621.95
FL Platinum: $765.72
FL Gold Renewal: $548.74
Can be bought over the phone if you call the number on your card. You can buy the renewal (it’s a certificate) even if you aren’t up for renewal yet. AAA membership starts at $30.

Don't know if this might help someone.
If only that included DVC, since they are the same price on the gold and platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter