I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting since more people are awake now :)

For the 5/24, do the CCs no longer count when they are 24 months old or is it the 25th month that they no longer count? So like my SW from 9/17. Equifax is showing 1 yr, 11 mos so will they drop my count after this month is over? Trying to time applying for the Hilton Surpass offer and applying for the CIP.

Off hand I think M&T can only get the bonus once in a 12 month period now. Especially with the same exact offer. Evidently it was a fun ride a couple years ago when they weren't enforcing a restriction and some got quite a few bonuses, but they seem to have wised up since.

I suspect that's why this offer worked for you too - you hadn't received a bonus in the look back period - even though you generally wouldn't be considered a new customer. I guess M&T is weird. Maybe it'll work again?

Thanks. I don't think I ever received a bonus from them aside from this. So 2 bonuses would be nice if it works. I may test it out.

For the 5/24, do the CCs no longer count when they are 24 months old or is it the 25th month that they no longer count? So like my SW from 9/17. Equifax is showing 1 yr, 11 mos so will they drop my count after this month is over? Trying to time applying for the Hilton Surpass offer and applying for the CIP.

Conventional wisdom is for purposes of 5/24, a card drops off right at 24 months and you're clear to apply at 24 months+1 day. Most people will still wait until the 1st of the following month just to be safe.

If Chase pulls only Experian for you, Experian reports only the month/year in which you opened the card. So if you opened your SW card on 9/29/17, and you're sure Chase pulls only your Experian report, you're clear to apply on 9/1/19, or 9/2/19 to be safe.

Recent DPs show Amex is still reporting new personal card accounts after close of the second statement. This may be less than 2 months if your first statement closes early. During this period, Chase may not even know you've applied for a new Amex personal card, since Amex rarely does hard pulls on existing customers and hasn't reported a new card to your credit reports yet.

Hope this helps.

As far as I can tell they are using the date you applied and looking back +24 months. So if application date is 8/12/19, they're looking for anything dated 8/12/17 and after.

To be 100%, many suggest just waiting until following month to be sure everything has cleared - so if you had a card listed as 8/12/17, just wait until 9/1/19 to avoid counting errors. It doesn't seem totally necessary from the DP's I've seen but they're not wrong to suggest it. Even people who go down to the date seem to give a day or two leeway; like for the same example date of 8/12/17 they may wait until 8/14/19 to apply. (I know I did)

I feel like I did pretty good at kohl’s today. I needed kitchen towels so I picked out some that were BOGO 1/2 off. I had a 25% off coupon and $10 in kohl’s cash so I got 4 kitchen towels for $7.61. They’re the nice food network ones too!

I just bought all new bath towels yesterday at Target. I was so tired of seeing our old stained bath towels. Now I'm washing and drying the new ones a bunch trying to get rid of all of the lint lol

I just bought all new bath towels yesterday at Target. I was so tired of seeing our old stained bath towels. Now I'm washing and drying the new ones a bunch trying to get rid of all of the lint lol
When we first moved I actually bought new bath towels at Walmart and they’re really nice ones. I wanted 4 but they only had 2 in the color I wanted

I would wait until Equifax is showing it’s been open 2 years....not sure if that’s on 9/1 or 9/17

My Disney shoes are here! Still don’t know why the photos flip sideways but whatever. I got both pairs for $40 total on Amazon. I have big feet and I guess that pink color in Champion wasn’t popular, even though I actually like it, so those were $19. I got another pair of Sanuks too since they’re the only flip flops I’d consider wearing in Disney. 39 days!!

Today I noticed DD has been using my CF at restaurants and Starbucks. >:( Grrr...pink for eating, blue for everything else (she spends very little on "everything else"). So in a fit of annoyance, "she" applied for a Cap 1 Student MC since I'd really like for her to have her own MC or Visa and our credit union wouldn't approve a student card without a W-2☹.

Hopefully it will get here before we leave! I feel better knowing her credit card should work everywhere and it's already been linked up with her checking account and both NFCU and Cap 1 have apps that she's downloaded. I hate thinking of losing out on 4x MRs but since I'm doing that anyway, going to sock drawer her pretty pink card for the first semester, at least.

She also has a student Discover that's on its way and she'll be under 5/24 again in December (like me) so maybe by then the Chase student card will be available to apply for on line-while I'd like her to have an independent relationship with Chase, it wasn't worth a 3 hour drive to Louisiana to apply in branch.

Kids, though. Seriously PINK TO EAT. Why is that hard??

The same TPG writer has reviews up for the Conrad Tokyo and JAL First Class from JFK to Tokyo (which is what you're flying, right?).

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/conrad-tokyo-hotel/
https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/japan-airlines-777-300er-first-class/
I haven't read either review, so I don't know how they come off.
Not directed at me, but DD and I just flew JAL first RT and loved it as much as the blogger (the review is very positive). Her biggest negative seemed to be the ground experience in NY, which we didn't have as we flew out of SFO and were able to take advantage of the Cathay Pacific lounge as well.

Conventional wisdom is for purposes of 5/24, a card drops off right at 24 months and you're clear to apply at 24 months+1 day. Most people will still wait until the 1st of the following month just to be safe.

If Chase pulls only Experian for you, Experian reports only the month/year in which you opened the card. So if you opened your SW card on 9/29/17, and you're sure Chase pulls only your Experian report, you're clear to apply on 9/1/19, or 9/2/19 to be safe.

Recent DPs show Amex is still reporting new personal card accounts after close of the second statement. This may be less than 2 months if your first statement closes early. During this period, Chase may not even know you've applied for a new Amex personal card, since Amex rarely does hard pulls on existing customers and hasn't reported a new card to your credit reports yet.

Hope this helps.
Perfect! Chase does only pull from Experian as I have 5 pulls currently showing on my report. So I just need to get through the next 18 or 19 days to apply for the CIP.

I've had several recent AmEx apps (as I am sure you know :) ) and none are showing on my report.

As far as I can tell they are using the date you applied and looking back +24 months. So if application date is 8/12/19, they're looking for anything dated 8/12/17 and after.

To be 100%, many suggest just waiting until following month to be sure everything has cleared - so if you had a card listed as 8/12/17, just wait until 9/1/19 to avoid counting errors. It doesn't seem totally necessary from the DP's I've seen but they're not wrong to suggest it. Even people who go down to the date seem to give a day or two leeway; like for the same example date of 8/12/17 they may wait until 8/14/19 to apply. (I know I did)
Thanks!!!

I 💜 Sanuks! Unfortunately every pair of flipflops I own had a dog bite out of one shoe. Dogs.:rolleyes2

I hear that. I am a creature of habit and wear the same pair of shoes every day until they wear out. I wore a pair of Chuck Taylors for two straight years in law school until my then-Golden Retriever puppy chewed the back of them off :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!